View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

when you get left in a bad mindstate after lsd use

bitchamonth

Bluelighter
this is what I tend to experience sometimes when I drop acid.

Some times, it used to be my first trips, I would almost always end my trip and sort of feel refreshed and clean, vibrating with pleasure and joy.
This is often linked to how my trip ends in my experience, if I start feeling sad and ugly at the end of the trip, that is what I am left with, if I on the other hand slowly transition to my sober state with a positive outlook on things that is what I am left with in my sober state as well.

...and that often brings anxiety and discomfort, it makes looking people in the eye harded, makes smiling and laughing harder, and generally I dont like being in this mindspace.

has anyone ever had the impression that redosing sort of breaks that mindspace and allows you to rebuild what you were left with last time. This is my impression, and I think it may actually work for some.:?

PS: the reason that my first trips almost always left me with a positive outlook on things may be because the "magic" was there at that point, but now it has sort of faded because I am not allowing it to return. Just FEI.

what makes the experience honest is that you are only in control up to a point.
in fact, your whole life is your preparation up to the act of taking the psychedelic.

then it unfolds - you keep interacting, but you are mostly the passenger at this point.

as it winds down, and 'normal' resumes, it is what it is.

I find that materialistic competition can creep into the aftermath,
comparing how much fun, or how much visual souvenirs you return with, or comparing how much pleasure was 'obtained'.

I don't think it is wise to compare what happened to previous times or to what other people say they experience,
it is 100% personal, and it is relevant to your life at that point.

let it be honest.

What pupnik said seems like a good answer to me. I've only taken LSD 4 times in the past, but the comedown and that last 'peaceful' feeling is almost what I go into it for. I've only had a relatively bad comedown when I took a very low dose. Perhaps you are using too often, and need to give time for it to be special again? It sounds like you have a connect for LSD, be glad, stock up, and space out your trips. The more often I take mushrooms in a short period, the less meaningful and/or fun they become for me.

what makes the experience honest is that you are only in control up to a point.
in fact, your whole life is your preparation up to the act of taking the psychedelic.

then it unfolds - you keep interacting, but you are mostly the passenger at this point.

as it winds down, and 'normal' resumes, it is what it is.

I find that materialistic competition can creep into the aftermath,
comparing how much fun, or how much visual souvenirs you return with, or comparing how much pleasure was 'obtained'.

I don't think it is wise to compare what happened to previous times or to what other people say they experience,
it is 100% personal, and it is relevant to your life at that point.

let it be honest.

Boom. This guy ^^ He knows what he's talkin about.

When I was frying often I began to get bad comedowns as well. I'd feel sad and depressed and strung out for at least a day. I feel like the frequency of your use is important, I'd recommend only doing it once a month max. Also make sure you're getting lsd I feel like the shit people pass off as LSD gives worse comedowns.

i like the mindset after acid, i feel like my eyes were finally open and i can see through all the bullshit that surrounds us in our society today.

Perhaps try to figure out what exactly made you feel "sad and ugly." Are there any underlying issues, or do you feel that way without the use of drugs?

Or, it could be something as simple as your body being somewhat malnourished during the bad comedowns. I used to have to force myself to eat on LSD, or I would find something easy and nutritious like a fruit smoothie. Without nourishment, I knew my body would become weak over the course of a long LSD experience. When I was tripping, my thought pattern was something like "if I don't consume enough calories soon, my body will start to consume itself and my brain will be mad at me." Sort of makes sense.

I eat A LOT when Im tripping. Not that.
Underlying issues. Maybe, but then we could connect so many things that it would just be absurd to discuss that.
It irritates me a lot.
I know you said I shouldnt compare my first trips with the recent ones Ive had, but seriously every comedown these last times, (on this new batch) always leave me not refreshed like on the last batch and before.

Now this batch is much stronger so I dont know if that has any correlation.

I would really appreciate if someone could talk to me and that I could also relate to, because this is bothering me.