• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids When to Redose?

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
Just as the title says, when is a safe time to redose? Could I just redose whenever the high dies off, or should I wait a certain amount of hours to avoid overdosing?
"Any answers would be very appreciated" - My safety

The drug I am talking about is oxycodone.

Last edited:
Depends on what drug you are taking, the half life etc.
But if you want to redose, take less than your initial dose, I would start with like 1/4 of the initial dose just to be safe.

really depends what substance you're talking about.

with codeine, it may be pointless to redose until 12+ hours depending on your dose and body chemistry; with methadone, you could still be high without realising the next day and OD on the same dose you took the night before.

Depends on what drug you are taking, the half life etc.
But if you want to redose, take less than your initial dose, I would start with like 1/4 of the initial dose just to be safe.

really depends what substance you're talking about.

with codeine, it may be pointless to redose until 12+ hours depending on your dose and body chemistry; with methadone, you could still be high without realising the next day and OD on the same dose you took the night before.

The drug im using is oxycodone.

Give yourself at least a day in between doses or you are just going to drive your tolerance up quickly.

A difficult thing to do with oxycodone. It wears off so fast. It is the most compulsive opioid I have experienced.