• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

When to fruit ?

Depends on the species entirely. If its Psilocybe cubensis, fruiting happens after the substrate has been completely occupied with mycelium. Room temperature generally works.

For Psilocybe cyanescens, temperatures must come down to 5-10'C

It varies.

Depends on the species entirely. If its Psilocybe cubensis, fruiting happens after the substrate has been completely occupied with mycelium. Room temperature generally works.

For Psilocybe cyanescens, temperatures must come down to 5-10'C

It varies.
Would night time temps be anything of value. No central ac unfortunately. Window unit but not really practical to keep them on property. Off property in abandoned property but locked is preferable So I would be subject to no elements ,Only temperature fluctuations of say a 7x7 enclosed room. I have no patience sorry for silly questions I should know but I’ve never got this far I don’t wanna fuck up

What species are you growing? What is your grow technique?

What species are you growing? What is your grow technique?
Rye jar fully colonized 1 quart 5 lb substrate in Mono tub Then strait to tub and fruit no substrate on one of them. Looks very fibrous and I’m growing golden teachers

From the sound of it you have it covered. Fully colonized, rhizomorphic growth.. Its a Psilocybe Cubensis so room temperature will do it. Cubies are the easiest mushroom to grow.

From the sound of it you have it covered. Fully colonized, rhizomorphic growth.. Its a Psilocybe Cubensis so room temperature will do it. Cubies are the easiest mushroom to grow.
It’s going to light soon. There’s still some spots I’d like to see colonized in the substrate . I did take the top and fan with a little distilled water spritz around the edges. Do you think temp drops down from 81 to 68 it will cause any issues? it’s to big to keep around but the place I’m thinking isn’t exposed to elements per say it’s a shed old but still sturdy I record my music in there. What a better place to fruit hahaha For inspiration with that. It’s easy access

So it’s got this cottonball looking growth around the sides and the humidity is super high the cake is covered in water droplets and mycelium. Is this to be expected ? Would leaving the top off get rid of excess moisture?

I did spray a tad bit of water around the sides of my tubs, but I don’t think I will have too the rest of this grow I’m hoping this works guys.

I may have to get imgur and get some pics up next time I go down there to fan

I may have to get imgur and get some pics up next time I go down there to fan
ibb.co no need to have an account and it has an auto delete function.

So it’s got this cottonball looking growth around the sides and the humidity is super high the cake is covered in water droplets and mycelium. Is this to be expected ? Would leaving the top off get rid of excess moisture?
well if it is white like the rest of the mycelium, and smells like nice mushroom, I wouldn't be immediately concerned. The fungus takes different appearences based on what it is doing I guess. sometimes you have fibrous mycelium strands growing through the substrate, in other places it looks more "cottonball"ish as you described.

ibb.co no need to have an account and it has an auto delete function.

well if it is white like the rest of the mycelium, and smells like nice mushroom, I wouldn't be immediately concerned. The fungus takes different appearences based on what it is doing I guess. sometimes you have fibrous mycelium strands growing through the substrate, in other places it looks more "cottonball"ish as you described.
I’ll get you some pictures next time I fan, cause it does look like mycelium, just not as tightly wound up I’m worried about the amount of water that’s being produced cause it’s coated at the bottom, but so far no alarming color changes so I think transplanting to tub went alright

For any information, questions, tips, tricks, how-to's and just about all the world's collective knowledge related to psilocybin containing mushrooms there's no other resource you'd ever need besides shroomery.org. It can seem overwhelming due to the sheer volume of info on the site and in their forums, but it's indispensable IMO. I'm sure there are plenty of BlueLight members who have the knowledge and experience regarding your question, but you'd be better served by a forum entirely focused on the subject. Plus, you'll come away with more knowledge and more ideas for how to tweak your future grows in a myriad of ways.