When the e-pression hits so hard you gotta sing da blues...

Mr. Sticky

Bluelighter
HOW TO WRITE AND SING THE BLUES
1) Most blues begin "woke up this morning."
2) "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the blues, unless you stick something nasty in the next line. "I got a good woman-with the meanest dog in town."
3) Blues are simple. After you have the first line, repeat it. Then find something that rhymes-sort of. "Got a good woman with the meanest dog in town. He got teeth like Margaret Thatcher and he weighs 500 pounds."
4) The blues are not about limitless choices, convertible debentures, golden parachutes, BMW's, opera, college trust funds or environmental impact statements.
5) Blues cars are Chevies and Cadillacs. Other acceptable blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Walkin' plays a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.
6) Teenagers can't sing the blues. Adults sing the blues. Blues adulthood means old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.
7) You can have the blues in New York City, but not in Brooklyn or Queens. Hard times in Vermont, North Dakota, Marin County or Cape Cod are just a depression. Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City are still the best places to have the blues.
8) The following colors do not belong in the blues:
a) violet
b) beige
c) mauve
d) taupe
9) You can't have the blues in an office or a shopping mall, the lighting is wrong.
10) Good places for the blues:
a) the highway
b) the jailhouse
c) an empty bed
Bad places:
a) ashrams
b) Gallery openings
c) weekend in the Hamptons
d) Trump Plaza
11) No one will believe it's the blues if you wear a suit, unless you happen to be an old black man.
12) Do you have a right to sing the blues?
Yes, if:
a) your first name is a southern state, like Georgia
b) you're blind
c) you shot a man in Memphis
d) you can't be satisfied
No, if:
a) you were once blind but now can see
b) you hold an elected office
c) you have a trust fund
d) your woman can be satisfied
13) Neither Julio Iglesias nor Barbara Streisand can sing the blues. Kenny G cannot play the blues.
14) If you ask for water and baby gives you gasoline, it's the blues.
Other blues beverages are:
a) wine
b) Irish whiskey
c) muddy water
Blues beverages are NOT:
a) any mixed drink
b) Any wine kosher for Passover
c) Yoo Hoo (all flavors)
15) If it occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's blues death. Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is a blues way to die.
Other blues ways to die include:
a) the electric chair
b) substance abuse
c) being denied treatment in a hospital emergency room.
It is not a blues death if you die during a liposuction treatment.
16) Some blues names for women:
a) Sadie
b) Big Mama
c) Bessie
17A) Some blues names for men:
a) Joe
b) Willie
c) Little Willie
d) Lightning
e) Jr.
* Persons with names like Sequoia, Sierra, Megan, Kiira, or Kasia will not be permitted to sing the blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
17B) Other blues names (Starter kit)
a) Name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Asthmatic)
b) First name (see above) or name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Kiwi)
c) Last name of president (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.)
For example, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Anorexic Willie Nixon, or Syphilitic Blueberry Eisenhower(this one almost killed me...I'm talkin' a hyperventilating, falling outta the chair, gigglefest).
Hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did.
smile.gif

------------------
I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for people I can laugh at.
[This message has been edited by Mr. Sticky (edited 27 December 1999).]

this is the reason why I am so, so glad that this board is back up and running! My stomach hurts!
Peace.

Oh Mr Sticky...what would we do without you?
HA!
You crack me up
smile.gif

Mr. Sticky, I love you. Please keep it up.
------------------
xoxo
flux

As usuall Mr Sticky major PROPS go out to yaz
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I knew from readin the topic I was gonna be intrigued......Thanks for making my nite alittle more cheerful
Peace.......RuRu
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
:p
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

PS WooothefuctingHooo I am an OFFICIAL BLUELIGHTER again!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by RuRu (edited 28 December 1999).]

This is just one of the reasons I love bluelight!Woke up from my Eck'E sleep,and bluelight was working,and found a Mr.Sticky humouros post.HE HE
smile.gif

Keep it up you crazy-love it!
pEacE LovE aNd HappinEss
smile.gif

Chaos

My apologies, I forgot to include that this was an e-mail I received from my brother. Not knowing the creator of this bit of genius, I failed to include credit where credit was due. All I did was appropriate it fo my own use...hell, I'm no where near this funny.
smile.gif

Again, my apologies.