• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When taking methadone and heroin together is it better/more efficent, to have the heroin before the methadone?

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
Or should I do it the other way round and have the methadone first and heroin after... Just want to know scientifically mostly in terms of efficiency and getting the most bang for buck, I have personally tried both and found having heroin first seems to work best but that's just because I am purely experiencing it without the methadone mixed in I think when I take the heroin after taking methadone that does result in strong effects to definitely significantly more than the methadone alone in other words they both effect me decently but I can't tell over all which is best and getting the most out of every mg I was just hoping for a first hand account of someone's who is more experienced with methadone than I am as I haven't really been on it for long.. Or failing that a scientifically proven answer this information and any other information relating to enhancing the potency and efficiency of dopamine produced as a result anything like that basically I'm always eager to learn new tips and triva and I appreciate any knowledge or so fourth that will help me in my drug using junkie adventures.

Lol I am smashed after having my daily 60mg meth dose going up 10mg was the best decision I ever made what can I say I just love the taste of free potent opiates 💘💘

Last edited:
Btw I went a bit off topic instead of talking about my personal life social problems here I know some people were worried about me being homeless etc which I'm happy to say I'm not anymore I made a thread going into more detail it's also a thread for people who are suffering problems themselves and want to vent their frustration or just chat and connect with other people who are also having trouble in life or if you just want to have a serious chat come along to you don't have to serious problems to post anyone is welcome

Link: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...ave-a-nice-vent-which-is-good-for-you.900640/

Last edited:
Hello, I’ve been on MMT going on the last 13 years. Im at 100 mg which I have been at for ages. My clinic caps all patients with a benzo script. I’m on klonopin which i refer to as the m’done of benzodiazepine. 100 mg of methadone is considered a full blocking dose. While on m’done i was abusing heroin. I liked to shoot up in the morning as soon as I felt my methadone start to kick in. However a word of advice. Don’t bother with smack while on m’done. I always would buy a gram split it into three. So I basically got 3 shots per gram. 80 dollars for 3 shots that might or might not get you 3 good shots. I finally wised up and decided not to waste money on Junk. It just wasn’t worth the time or hassle to go pick up, make sure I had clean rigs and be able to spike a vein. Which for me was a major pain in the ass. Well that’s my 2:cents regarding using smack while on mmt.

I don't know, to me getting back on methadone was the way to get me to stop using the heroin. I had to use because I couldn't function without it, but I hated living that way. I can't even imagine being on MMT and going through the BS of copping, shooting, etc. I am not judging at all, I get urges where I wanna get high still but they are rare and I can usually satisfy myself with one of my scripts or concentrate on school/my kids. I don't know how old you are, I first got on methadone very young, got off mid 20s now back on early 30s. I hate that I even have to be on it, no one at my job or school has any idea I'm a former heroin addict. I wouldn't want them to either, it's a curse.

Yeah that's around the age I got off methadone the first time. I'm 33 now. I still feel like I'm 18. Idk why I posted that it sounds kinda judgey reading it now, but it wasn't meant to be. Just be careful, mixing the two. I assumed it would be harder to get clean if you're used to both, but maybe not. 🤷‍♀️ stay safe

Yeah that's around the age I got off methadone the first time. I'm 33 now. I still feel like I'm 18. Idk why I posted that it sounds kinda judgey reading it now, but it wasn't meant to be. Just be careful, mixing the two. I assumed it would be harder to get clean if you're used to both, but maybe not. 🤷‍♀️ stay safe
Well I'm taking a break off heroin now until at least Friday it is kind of a forced break but still I don't even feel any desire to use heroin as long as I have had my methadone dose the only thing I have trouble with is saying no to a free bit of heroin which my dealer usually offers me a few days before pay day I used to think he was doing me a favour but now I'm not so sure lol I am half expecting him to ring me to see if I'm in sometime in the next few days and I just can't find it in me to say no it's sort of a self promise thing when I was at rock bottom and would have done nearly anything for a fix I told my self no matter what never turn down free heroin again or heroin on loan because I did turn some down off someone trying to look good but regretted it the next few days during those days I just kept basically telling myself off and also telling myself I would never do that again I'm just paranoid that somehow if I turn down any possible source of heroin until payday it will somehow hurt me even though I don't even get withdrawals anymore if that makes sense..

And 2 min after posting that my guy has just rang me asking if I want a 10 hahahahaha

I wanted to ask him if he could do half an egg but didn't wanna push my luck lol

I'd used FentaDope the first month I was on Heroin and still got high as a kite from every shot, but that's cuz Fentanyl and it's analogs have such a high binding affinity. Heroin itself has a much harder time busting thru and im sure I'd have more of an issue. I haven't used any other Opioids but Methadone for almost 2 months now and since having my dose raised to 105mgs perday it covers my cravings very well. I got tired of my girl, family and close friends being angry at me for abusing Narcotics. Just taking the medicine alone was a very good decision for me and im happy I've been able to stick with it. I assume since you live in UK and the Dope is actually H you will have a harder time abusing other Opioids alongside the M-done. I know that when I was on it another time back in my late teens and early 20's when we had actual Heroin here I couldn't get high off the Dope properly. Maybe that is a blessing in disguise cuz I almost ODed a few times months back before I quit. Be careful out there man.

I'd used FentaDope the first month I was on Heroin and still got high as a kite from every shot, but that's cuz Fentanyl and it's analogs have such a high binding affinity. Heroin itself has a much harder time busting thru and im sure I'd have more of an issue. I haven't used any other Opioids but Methadone for almost 2 months now and since having my dose raised to 105mgs perday it covers my cravings very well. I got tired of my girl, family and close friends being angry at me for abusing Narcotics. Just taking the medicine alone was a very good decision for me and im happy I've been able to stick with it. I assume since you live in UK and the Dope is actually H you will have a harder time abusing other Opioids alongside the M-done. I know that when I was on it another time back in my late teens and early 20's when we had actual Heroin here I couldn't get high off the Dope properly. Maybe that is a blessing in disguise cuz I almost ODed a few times months back before I quit. Be careful out there man.
I have been moved up to 60mg I think it doesn't fully block the heroin just reduces its potency because I still feel it etc I heard that once your taking more than 100mg it will fully block heroin and you won't get high at all I'm sure it's different for different people though ofcourse, like I used to take 3000mgs of codeine and get super high like all the good stuff nice inner warm flushing traveling to and from the core of your stomach up your legs, arms etc then I would nod out the withdrawals sucked though

Do the H first, in the morning when you're not necessarily sick yet but definitely don't feel the Methadone anymore and the yawns and runny nose are not far behind. That way you should get a good rush.
When the euphoric high is starting to wear off later in the day, then do your dose. Be careful tho. Methadone is very potent.

I like to have the heroin first like you said then have the methadone straight after as long as I have the heroin first they seem to peak and if I hit the sweetspot I get this awesome long high and just lye in bed nodding out for hours

Well I'm taking a break off heroin now until at least Friday it is kind of a forced break but still I don't even feel any desire to use heroin as long as I have had my methadone dose the only thing I have trouble with is saying no to a free bit of heroin which my dealer usually offers me a few days before pay day I used to think he was doing me a favour but now I'm not so sure lol I am half expecting him to ring me to see if I'm in sometime in the next few days and I just can't find it in me to say no it's sort of a self promise thing when I was at rock bottom and would have done nearly anything for a fix I told my self no matter what never turn down free heroin again or heroin on loan because I did turn some down off someone trying to look good but regretted it the next few days during those days I just kept basically telling myself off and also telling myself I would never do that again I'm just paranoid that somehow if I turn down any possible source of heroin until payday it will somehow hurt me even though I don't even get withdrawals anymore if that makes sense..
Thats hard, saying no to free dope? Now I could its been long enough but a few years ago...id have jumped right on it. Trying to stay away when your connect is calling you would take the strongest of wills. When you're ready to let go, you will. At least the methadone keeps withdrawals at bay...thats what sucks the life out of you.

Same here, regarding getting on the methadone. I have been able to actually focus on life and accomplish shit these last few years that I've put off cuz I was running. I think I stopped using before fent hit this area hard, dope always felt like it should...though speedballs were my thing they are just heavenly. I never came up positive for fent though back when I got back on the clinic.

Not wanting to preach, but you shouldn't really be mixing methadone and heroin. Having said that, we've all been there.

Once you've stabilised on a regular dose of methadone, it doesn't matter what you take first. The long half-life of methadone means it will still be in your system regardless of what time you take the heroin. The only way it will make any difference is if you fuck about with your methadone dosing - e.g. missing days, doubling up etc.

Last edited: