• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When should tramadol Kick in?

hmuwts

Greenlighter
Hey, i've tried Tramadol in 200mg (2x100mg tablets) doses before and I absolutely loved it! I remember it took around 2 hours to kick in.

I took 200mg around 2 hours and 10 minutes ago and I don't think it's even kicking in a little bit yet... I'm decently high on oxycodone right now but only 20mg so I should be able to feel 200mg tramadol since I don't have any tolerance to them and last time I took 200mg I got pretty messed up

What could be the reason for this and how can I fix it? I've been drinking plenty of water since I took them

Tramadol is much weaker compared to Oxy and might not stack well with it compared to other opioids of similar Mu receptor affinity. Might be best to stick to one or the other. The Tramadol also has an antidepressant type effect that other opioids don't have but this can bite you if switching to another pain med after using trams for an extended period.

For one the oxycodone in your system is probably going to blunt the effects of any other opioid you take. Two, oxycodone is metabolized through cyp2d6 (among other enzymes) which I believe is the same enzyme that transforms tramadol into O-desmethyltramadol in the liver. O-dmt is a more powerful opioid than tramadol and is thought to be responsible for the majority of the opiate effects of tramadol.

These are possible reasons you aren't feeling it yet. Either way don't take anymore tram or you might screw yourself over if the orginal tram pills hit you hard then the extra one you took will just make you sick. Taking too much tram make you feel like garbage and increases your risk of seizures.

Thanks for the replies! about an hour after this i could begin to feel the Tramadol effects but still kinda weak.. good experience though...