View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

When LSD turns your intestines inside out

Ismene

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever experienced a couple of hours into an LSD trip when everything seems to be going well, suddenly it's as if your entire intestines rebel against the LSD and you end up bent over the toilet for half an hour "expelling the demon" into the bowl? I've heard of the "purge" you're supposed to get on oral DMT but I've never had anything as bad as the LSD purge. I almost vomited up my own arsehole.

It mite have been something you ate... before you took it...

Nope. On 300 mcg LSZ yes, on LSD no. Not even significant nausea. In fact, the higher the dose the less nausea. On 750 mcg no nausea whatsoever, just real high. Are you sure it wasn't really DOC?

Last edited:
You sure what you took was actually LSD?

Nausea and body load can happen on LSD but it's not too common. I've had it a couple of times and it felt like sharp hunger pangs. Nowadays I always make sure there's something in my stomach when I trip.

I've never actually thrown up on any psychedelic (unless you count MDMA as a psychedelic).

Definately LSD, doesn't happen very often but when it does it's as if your entire intestinal tract is out of kilter. You are screaming "Huey" at the toilet bowl for quite some time.

Yeah sometimes I get a lot of gas but I've never gotten nauseous. I haven't eaten a whole lot of acid though. I got the gas thing with AL-LAD once too, it was very uncomfortable for a little while, then it "passed".

I find a cocktail of magnesium, Ondansetron (which blocks serotonin receptors in the gut), a strong antihistamine (in my case 50mg Cyclizine) and Loperamide takes care of any physical discomfort/nausea caused by psychedelics.
It's a totally safe and non-psychoactive combination... the antihistamine might make you a bit drowsy but that's it.
When you take ondansetron with cyclizine, you're tackling the nausea from two angles (serotonergic and histaminergic). Loperamide takes care of the diarrhoea and magnesium acts as a muscle relaxant. I take 400mg magnesium citrate daily and ramp it up to 600mg on trip days.

I noticed vomiting after swallowing 25I tabs. Spitting them out after 45min seemed to work better but I never vomited from LSD. I had to pull over into a restaurant when a 25I purge came on, very acidic

I noticed vomiting after swallowing 25I tabs. Spitting them out after 45min seemed to work better but I never vomited from LSD. I had to pull over into a restaurant when a 25I purge came on, very acidic
I tried that filth a couple of times and the body load was so foul I had to resort to codeine to be able to enjoy it.

I've read that the majority of LSD is concentrated in your intestinal tract upon it reaching your blood, with very little ever reaching the brain. It would explain why people get so gassy and feel like a small child has his fist inside your gut. I've literally seen a lump of gas move across my belly as I felt it moving down my intestine. Such a weird drug...

I did eat quite a big meal earlier in the day perhaps it's best doing it on an empty stomach for the forseeable future.

There are more serotonin receptors in your intestines than in your brain, I guess that's where the nausea comes from.
I rarely trip at all anymore because I can't stand the nausea I get from most substances.

I get very strange tummy rumblings (not really gas, I've found out) while on acid, dosing sublingually seems to mitigate the issue for me.

I have a few friends that can't seem to avoid throwing up during a trip. Do you experience any neck or shoulder pain? A couple of my friends seem to have naseua and subsequent purging related to muscle tension.

For me it has only ever been on the comeup, and even then rarely. Sometimes really need to poo midway- might have something to do with the intestinal tract thing?

I had very intense LSD trips and never happened. It looks like a substance with high 5ht3 affinity was involved here (AL-LAD, LSZ, ...) or even possibly 25C-NBOMe - the affinity to the neurotransmitter is not known, but there are a number of experiences reporting nausea.

The best option would be to send a sample to a place like EcstasyData so you can know what the substance was.

But do LSD, LSZ etc have that high of an affinity to 5HT3? NBOMes, i know for certain they lack affinity to 5ht3.

I thought intense nausea was much more common with stuff like e.g. oral DMT and much less common with "selective" stuff like LSD. Personally I find that tummy weirdness is usually just hunger.

^LSD isn't even that selective as far as I know. Doesn't it have the widest binding profile of any psychedelic?

(And besides, even in this thread someone has puked their guts out on an NBOMe. Puking doesn't seem to be exclusive to 5HT3 affinity)