Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

When it Comes to Shorts, Youtube or Vimeo? and Why?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
How do you create a poll here?

I say Vimeo, much much much more so, although youtube seems like it's still pretty much the accepted standard. Which is sad. Cause Vimeo is so much better... ;)

In terms of usability, (lack of) ads, and signal-to-noise ratio, Vimeo is far superior. That said, I almost never visit Vimeo, because sometimes I just need a goddamned CollegeHumor or "condom challenge" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ83EBh3r7g

Vimeo and its users should be glad that it remains the rarely-used champagne of video hosts. :)

Vimeo is better, but I rarely use it because... YouTube is more popular.

youtube often seems to buffer faster on my crappy aussie adsl connection, so I prefer youtube, but there's loads of times I've watched great stuff on vimeo, I just seem to have issues with it playing fast enough I've noticed. BUt as stated the ads kind of suck, although you can skip them mostly after 5 secs, but there's so much on youtube it's fun to browse and watch whatever when bored.

Vimeo and its users should be glad that it remains the rarely-used champagne of video hosts. :)

Amen :)

Vimeo is better, but I rarely use it because... YouTube is more popular.

Yup, basically my assessment. Paying for premium Vimeo services has been very worthwhile though, I'd highly recommend it (that is, assuming you use such sites frequently or important/significant projects).

And, what's best, at the end of the day, I always seem to end up using both Vimeo and Youtube (although I pay for a premium Vimeo account and do not do so with youtube, although I might one day just to try her out). It's not like it's an either or situation. That said, I have (almost nearly ;)) found the quality of the videos and such on Vimeo superior to youtube in most if not all respects. Plus their staff picks is a great way to get introduced to some really great new stuff!

youtube often seems to buffer faster on my crappy aussie adsl connection, so I prefer youtube, but there's loads of times I've watched great stuff on vimeo, I just seem to have issues with it playing fast enough I've noticed. BUt as stated the ads kind of suck, although you can skip them mostly after 5 secs, but there's so much on youtube it's fun to browse and watch whatever when bored.

When I was first introduced to Vimeo a couple years ago when I was living in SD I had the same problem with loading times. At such I got frustrated and pretty much forgot about it for a year or two until I discovered that it has certain, significant benefits over Youtube.

I'm not sure what kind of DSL or service provider has up here in LA (I think Verizon), but down in SD it was COX. I've had zero problems with loading times, etc up here, where as it was at best hit or miss down in SD with COX. Who knows... It's def not a location thing, as I used to and again find myself living in areas with great all-around internet service. Maybe they've done something different with their servers at Vimeo or the DSL/Cable/Internet provider technology has improved in the last two years...