• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

When daddy deals meth and mummy sells ecstasy

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
When daddy deals meth and mummy sells ecstasy: The unlikely double life of Gold Coast parents who were quietly dealing drugs to maintain their luxury lifestyle

A mother and father who appeared to be raising their children in a luxury life in a high-rise apartment had in fact been trafficking drugs including ice.

Richard Llewellyn, 42, traded in his boat dealership to instead deal methamphetamine on the streets to clubbers in Queensland's Gold Coast, while reaping the dole from the government.

His wife Rachael, 43, cared for their three young children and helped with the family business – bagging and weighing ice, it was revealed in the Supreme Court, Courier Mail Reports.

345C39DC00000578-0-image-a-1_1463614702088.jpg

Mrs Llewellyn had also once been caught handing over 50 ecstasy pills worth $1,000 to a 'police operative'.

The father-of-three had been caught selling 52g of ice worth $23,400 along with ecstasy pills in a total sale worth $27,920 to a 'police operative'.

He also provided cannabis.

On Wednesday, Mr Llewellyn plead guilty to five drug charges, while his wife plead guilty to three charges of supplying drugs.

Mr Llewellyn admitted to selling ice between August 2013 and January 2014, and admitted he'd built a lab where he attempted to cook speed.

His barrister Colin Reid told the court Mr Llewellyn was finding it 'very difficult to forgive himself' for involving his wife.

Justice Daubney said families just like theirs were 'devastated' every day 'because of the proliferation of drugs through out community'.

Their youngest child is just 17-months-old.

The father-of-three was handed a five-year sentence with 20-months behind bars on Wednesday.

Mrs Llewellyn was handed a nine-month suspended sentence.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Gold-Coast-parents-quietly-dealing-drugs.html

"...while reaping the dole from the government."

That's slang for unemployment benefits from the government, right?

"...while reaping the dole from the government."

That's slang for unemployment benefits from the government, right?

Here you get $528 a fortnight for not working. Plus maybe another $50 - $100 for rent assistance. Then if you have a few kids you may get an extra $100 on top of that.

In the mean time some poor guy in India is dismantling a ship for $2 a day with a cheap grinder you'd get from wallmart without using a harness or any protective gear. His shifts may be 12 hours a day.

It's fair fucked the world we live in :(

There are lot's of people who fixed it so they get welfare here and then they go back home to their old country where they can live like a king with that money. As their country is third world.

I wish my parents were that cool when I was a young lad *sigh* ;)

I feel like the Aussie press calling it "Ice" just makes it sound extra cool. Meth sounds dirty, ice sounds clean.

Here you get $528 a fortnight for not working. Plus maybe another $50 - $100 for rent assistance. Then if you have a few kids you may get an extra $100 on top of that.

In the mean time some poor guy in India is dismantling a ship for $2 a day with a cheap grinder you'd get from wallmart without using a harness or any protective gear. His shifts may be 12 hours a day.

Worth noting that the median rent for a three bedroom apartment where they live is over $500/week, though. Australian unemployment benefits and minimum wage are incredibly generous compared to many other countries, but you need to consider our astronomical cost of living to assess how liveable those incomes are in real terms.

There are lot's of people who fixed it so they get welfare here and then they go back home to their old country where they can live like a king with that money. As their country is third world.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you mean here, but Newstart cuts off after you've been out of the country for more than six weeks (or immediately if you've left the country for an 'unapproved' reason).

I know of people in Sydney paying $700.

That would buy me 14 cases of beer.

So screw being an ice junkie.

Sounds like my life. Except not dealing. Just doing. And then picking up the kiddos from school. Oops