• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's your set and setting prep?

Dogs fed and let outside for an hour or two, beer in the fridge, snacks ready, 4-6 horror movies lined up and pizza dude is on speed dial even if not used often.

That's it. Indoors, always and only.

Tom

^ I like that. Humble. :) No big adventures or wild parties, just snacks and movies.

I just make sure that I'm not going to be responsible for doing anything that I'd rather do sober, like driving. Then I typically spend the come-up talking a walk around my neighborhood (which is very pretty, with lots of trees and horses and rabbits, and very few cars), or on the nature trails near my house. Then I come home and play piano, or guitar, or videogames, or read Bluelight, or whatever else I would usually do. Sometimes I sit on a pillow with my legs crossed for a long time and just think about things.

Depends on the situation. More elaborate situations require more elaborate set ups. Usually I'm by myself at home. I've done this many times so as long as I feel good mentally then I'm pretty much good to go. I make sure to have some TV or movies to watch/things to entertain my time. I used to do more planning but as long as certain things are lined up, I'm good to go! I basically just go with the flow. Walk in the woods with the dog? Watch a favorite comedy? Browse BL for a second? Listen to music? Lay and contemplate? Let's do it!

I usually day trip so first I get a good night sleep. Wake up about 6:30 and have a light breakfast. clean the house and cut up some fruit for the day. put out fluffy blankets and music for later. Answer and calls or emails that sre urgent and then turn off cellular funtion on the phone. About 7:30/8 I take my dog for a walk and swallow the tabs as I am walking out the door. I walk until I feel the first flutter of excitement and then head back home. I play around the house for an hour or two and then head back out to explore nature and look at the clouds. usually about the 5 hour mark I take my dog out for another walk. I swear she knows and leads me around like we are on an adventure. I usuallyntry to fit in some hula hooping and bike riding too because they are awesome.

Cut my finger nails.
Call my kids and tell them I love them
Make the bed with clean sheets
If I'm camping ensure the gas stove is connected, glow bracelets are placed around the guy ropes and the fire is built

The fingernail thing was kinda gross to me. Like, your planning to finger someone? Or you get that yucky feeling?
Personally, i think you shouldn't trip if you have kids. Tripping is a choice for dramatic change. Children are a choice for dramatic commitment and consitency.

As a child, I'd probably view an adult not forthcoming with psych use analogous to gaslighting.

I guess you're saying your plan for set and setting is to ensure that nothing changes for you in your life after a trip. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
cutting finger nails makes sense

also

nature

and

people you love

and

musical instruments

and

not the internet

The fingernail thing was kinda gross to me. Like, your planning to finger someone? Or you get that yucky feeling?
Personally, i think you shouldn't trip if you have kids. Tripping is a choice for dramatic change. Children are a choice for dramatic commitment and consitency.

I don't know about you but I use my fingers for such activities as making food and creating art, fingerbanging is for 12 year olds. Sure explore a woman's vagina with your finger tips, but most women with any sexual experience would prefer a long hard cock over salad fingers.

For me preparing to trip is a process of setting. I work with my hands using power tools and the last thing I need is a chipped or hang nail to play with my head space. Trimming my nails gives me a fresh start to the day, particularly if I am camping and getting my hands dirty.

As for children, I had both of mine before I was 25 so it seems unfair that I should suddenly give up one of life's pleasures simply because I have bred. In fact tripping before 30 is pointless because you lack any real life experience to completely enjoy most psychedelic journey's. Having children doesn't mean your balls suddenly dry up and your sense of adventure wains.

By the time you are 40 you realise how unimportant politics, religion and economics are. You are no longer a slave to societies worries in that you now understand more why life is so special. I don't trip to change, I trip to reset. I run two successful businesses, travel the world with my family absorbing art, culture and nature. Why the fuck would I want to change this?

My children are not really that much different to my friends, the only difference is I have molded them to be just as awesome as me. I'm not exactly showing up to their Parent teacher interview tripping balls (although I'd probably enjoy rattling some of the Nun's cages if I did ;) ).

Are you saying if you are in charge of the well being of kids solely at that time as in "Don't be dropping a heap of Acid while you take the kids on a nature walk!" OR "You have bred and therefore psychedelic drugs are off limits to you!" And is that psychedelics or all mind altering substances?

I've never tripped while being in sole care of my kids but I have tripped much more often since I've had them and much more safely too!

^^Lex, everyone takes acid for different reasons man. If I ever have kids you're damn right I'll still be tripping. It's not like he suggested tripping in front of/with his children. The changes I experience from psychs are usually shit like, a new appreciation for a band, or a sudden decision to quit pot for a while, or pick up a new hobby I didn't know I'd like before. I seriously see no reason why children should inhibit one's ability to trip as long as they are safe and care is taken to leave them out of the experience.

Back to the topic, I personally enjoy just doing some cleaning beforehand, and I try to eat healthier than normal in the days prior, and eat healthy snacks during the trip. I usually pick an exact time when I want to be ready to drop, and stick to it. I ensure I don't have any obligations that could take me out of my trip. As for music, I find it more entertaining to pick albums in the moment than to set up a playlist (plus I like album experiences better than jumping around with a playlist). I also clean all my weed stuff so I can have a nice fresh toking experience. If I plan to toke I ensure I've got at least a gram of weed saved back. Hmmm what else... I let my girlfriend know I won't be answering my phone most of the day. I ensure my pet snake and pet guinea pig have clean cages so they'll be happy.

That's all I can think of. For the most part I focus on diet and cleaning, as they are, I have found, the most important aspects to be concerned with for my trips. Having plans often ruins the wonder and awe of discovery I feel, so I try to let my trips flow naturally these days.

Last edited:
Are you saying if you are in charge of the well being of kids solely at that time as in "Don't be dropping a heap of Acid while you take the kids on a nature walk!" OR "You have bred and therefore psychedelic drugs are off limits to you!" And is that psychedelics or all mind altering substances?

I've never tripped while being in sole care of my kids but I have tripped much more often since I've had them and much more safely too!

If I had kids; I wouldn't trip. Do what you want. :D

@two post above. Man that's crazy. When I eat acid I get like "am i physically mirroring the invisible possible energies that exist as information in our surroundings" kinda shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
^That doesn't seem like a change to me, it sounds like a musing, or a question... I don't see how that would inhibit one's ability to parent either.

If I had kids; I wouldn't trip. Do what you want. :D

@two post above. Man that's crazy. When I eat acid I get like "am i physically mirroring the invisible possible energies that exist as information in our surroundings" kinda shit.

Any particular reason why? I am genuinely interested I'm not trying to get an answer to rubbish it I find these sort of thing interesting, (I would have once thought something similar to yourself). Is it just tripping or all drugs?

Welp. What I've seen is people who have tripper parents eventually catch on and then see it as a way to relate to them which leads to too early use, wreckless use, etc. Or, the opposite, where a lot of times most hippies had the most conservative kids cuz you go the opposite way as your parents. And, as a drug advocate, that would mean less people using psychs. I'd rather have my kids find something on their own.

I also think there's the possibility of having a trip where some huge life change pops into my head which you can't do with kids. I mean you can, but its not best.

Plus, you never really know when an emergency may occur so it'd be nice to be sober.

I probably would have some alcohol or maybe pharmaceuticals, or garden things like damiana leaves or something benign and legal.

I also wouldn't want to break the law.

I teach my children to work hard, appreciate life and have a healthy skepticism towards authority. I'm a great role model on how to live ones life, be successful in business and enjoy the fruits of this success without ending in the gutter. Work hard then play hard. However if you play up you still need to get up the next morning. This mantra has served me well my whole life and it is something I have passed onto my children.

Laws only exist to protect the weak and moronic. If you are raised correctly you know how to live your life without harming yourself or others. If we followed laws as gospel we would still be living with segregation and oppression of minorities such a homosexuals and even women not being able to vote. Legality does not mean morality, and I'd prefer the next generation are raised to question authority by pushing societies boundaries.

I'd prefer my kids avoided psychedelics until their early twenties to be honest, but if they are curious I would hope they respect my knowledge enough to allow me to guide them with their experimentations if they do choose to dabble.