• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's your opinion on taking Oxycontin as prescribed (fully intact)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tboy246

Bluelighter
For someone who has to take about 30mg of oxy IR to start feeling good, what would be the result if that person took 3 Oxycontin ER 20mg with the time release intact? If they were looking for a good buzz would they be disappointed? Is it even worth trying or is it almost like a waste?

Our role in Bluelight is harm reduction. Taking more medication in order to get high is obviously not safe nor advisable.

You should feel something if you take 3 of them, but there might not be an initial rush. I would personally just save them for pain or something, but the rush is my favorite thing about opiates.

If it was prescribed to you as your title says, I must assume you need it for some valid reason. Many of us enjoy opioids for fun, but equally as many enjoy living with less or no pain. Taking extra tablets is a good way to make sure the latter wont occur and the former to spiral out of control.

BL cannot tell you how much will get you high as nobody can and it is against our rules. Speak to your doctor if you need more pain relief and be safe regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.