• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social What's your favourite way to consume?

nooodle

Bluelighter
What's everyones favourite method to consume cannabis?

I think mine is edibles because to me i literally trip off that shit on a high enough dose, it's like a light ass acid trip for me and shit gets inteeeeenseee.
I also am slightly allergic to weed so eating it is better than smoking for me, even though my allergy isn't too bad towards it.
But smoking is good if you just want to get high instantly, other than THC pens i haven't really tried anything else.

So many different ways of doing it and i'm sure there are negatives and positives to them all so what's yours and why?

Toss up between joints (usually mixed with tobacco, I know, I know) and edibles.

Think I'll go joints just for convenience sake, despite edible high being preferable.

Never enjoyed pipes and bongs. Never tried blunts.

I like vaping. I have the mighty vaporizer that I use whenever I take cannabis. As such, I don't have to roll a joint, the vapor is clean and my lungs are fine with it and the high is nice. Although, I've been using it quite exclusively so I can't really compare it to other means of taking cannabis but I still like it. Another benefit is that I live with my parents and they don't like the weed smell and with the vape I can just vape in bed and they won't notice anything.

What's everyones favourite method to consume cannabis?

I think mine is edibles because to me i literally trip off that shit on a high enough dose, it's like a light ass acid trip for me and shit gets inteeeeenseee.
I also am slightly allergic to weed so eating it is better than smoking for me, even though my allergy isn't too bad towards it.
But smoking is good if you just want to get high instantly, other than THC pens i haven't really tried anything else.

So many different ways of doing it and i'm sure there are negatives and positives to them all so what's yours and why?
Wow! I’m the same! I also am very sensitive to THC (used to call it an allergy). When I kicked opioids in ‘18 and was waiting to get on suboxone, my cousin hooked me up and helped me figure out how to use without getting sick. Then OK approved medical marijuana and I started with edibles and I love them! I really like the JKJ brand in Northern Lights. Every time I smoke, I get baked. If I smoke, I never know what’s going to happen. Edibles are predictable for me. *high five*

In order of preference from #1 I love it to #10 I hate it.

1. Bongs, preferably with a good perc and ash catcher to keep things clean.
2. bubblers - something with a low center of gravity b/c I’m clumsy
3. Flower vape - using Budkups In Pax 3
4. vape cartridges
5 water soluble drops
6. normal edibles
7. Smoking hash in handpipe
8. Smoking flower in hand pipe or steamroller
9. Hot knives w/2 litre plastic Ice cooler
10. Joints - what can I say; hate em

I haven’t yet managed to find a dab solution that doesn’t end without me severely burning myself. maybe an electric dab rig is on the horizon.

Tom

I like smoking it.

Ripping dabs is probably the most fun. Followed by bongs. Either way you are smoking from some nice glass.

Lately have been enjoying vaping it.

In order of preference from #1 I love it to #10 I hate it.

1. Bongs, preferably with a good perc and ash catcher to keep things clean.
2. bubblers - something with a low center of gravity b/c I’m clumsy
3. Flower vape - using Budkups In Pax 3
4. vape cartridges
5 water soluble drops
6. normal edibles
7. Smoking hash in handpipe
8. Smoking flower in hand pipe or steamroller
9. Hot knives w/2 litre plastic Ice cooler
10. Joints - what can I say; hate em

I haven’t yet managed to find a dab solution that doesn’t end without me severely burning myself. maybe an electric dab rig is on the horizon.

Tom

How can anyone hate joints? Its traditional innit?

I actually hate bongs. Fuckin nasty shit...

How can anyone hate joints? Its traditional innit?

I actually hate bongs. Fuckin nasty shit...

When I started smoking weed, the people who were providing it rolled up joints mixed with tobacco So that’s what I cut my teeth on. I never liked the tobacco, but since it was free weed I couldn’t dictate how we would smoke it. Partly because of the tobacco (which was hell to quit) but also cause in our group of friends there was one person who was incapable of smoking s joint w/o leaving it a soggy mess. We called him ‘saliva special’.

I’ll still buy pre rolls if they’re on sale but they’ll usually sit and occasionally I’ll rip up a pre roll to use the flower in a bong.

Yeah, the first time I used a bong I puked - like where the hell did all that smoke come fro——URRP.

Tom

Wow! I’m the same! I also am very sensitive to THC (used to call it an allergy). When I kicked opioids in ‘18 and was waiting to get on suboxone, my cousin hooked me up and helped me figure out how to use without getting sick. Then OK approved medical marijuana and I started with edibles and I love them! I really like the JKJ brand in Northern Lights. Every time I smoke, I get baked. If I smoke, I never know what’s going to happen. Edibles are predictable for me. *high five*
I think i may actually be allergic to it though unlike you, even touching buds when I was making edibles made me have reacitons.

I would probably use weed pens if they were more of a thing this side of the pond.

Just waiting for cannabis to be anywhere near as prevalent as it is in the US/Netherlands etc...

After smoking and vaping for two decades, my throat is now fucked up so all I have left is edibles / tinctures. Thankfully, I've discovered that is also my favorite method of consumption.

I find it much easier to accurately titrate in comparison to smoking / vaping. It's way too easy to get too fucked up when inhaling because the dose never gets standardized. Making tincture and edibles takes so long (relative to rolling a joint) so I tend to make a big batch at a time. Very quickly I can work out exactly how much I need for the desired effect.

Sublingual tincture is good for a short duration high and edibles (or swallowed tincture) is perfect if I want to be stoned all day.

The initial time investment is higher than with bongs/joints/vaping but then there is no daily rolling / chopping up or cleaning glassware etc. Plus I don't get tar lips any more or tiny chunks of crap flying into my lungs. No coughing. No smell. No accidentally burning holes in my pants.

I haven't smoked weed since December 2019 and I haven't had a bong for maybe two years. Mostly been vaping for the past decade. I'm pretty sure that's what fucked up my throat.

When I see people smoking bongs now, it makes me cringe. They're so disgusting. Particularly when people don't clean them on a daily basis. They stink to high heaven. Pun intended.

Edibles / Tincture > Vaping > Joints > Bongs

Heh, does anyone still do chillums?

God, they were a pain in the fuckin arse...

i prefer joints but living in an apartment i use a beaker style water pipe and a smoke buddy. the smoke buddy has been a life saver for me.