• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's your favorite malt liquor?

Jerimiah Weed looked good I want to try it...

I also want to try King Cobra, I bet thats horrible haha.

NSFW:
KINGCOBRA40Oz.png

/\ LOL

Anyone here ever had St Ides? I've heard about it but never came across it.

798.jpg

Beerandraiderfan ( The Hottest Place In Northern Nevada, Nevada )

F / 1.48 rDev -56.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Small bubbled yellow and orange beer out the can. Tallboy. Lacing even! Horrible aroma of cooked corn and vegetables, as if they were rotten before cooked.

Sweetened corn syrup like taste, mixed with solvent or industrial cleaner/fluid. Gasoline breath afterwards. Plenty of carbonation in the mouthfeel. Not watery, but bad tasting. Like they put a shot of vodka & a shot of gasoline together with sugar packets.

Serving type: can

Reviewed on: 06-02-2011 23:01:19 | id: 1505078

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/289/798

YUM YUM lol.

Last edited:
Meh, probably Steel Reserve, purely due to familiarity. I'm not a fan, but can deal with SR from time to time. Malt liquors are too f*cking sweet... and the snooty ales are too f*cking bitter, IMO. Just gimme a brew ;).

Or a Mike's hard/harder. At least that shit has good reason to be sweet, heheh.

Nah man, straight up - St. IDES.
2nd place is Mickeys
3rd place is Steel Reserve 211

im sorry but i have moved on to much bigger and better things.. if you guys truly enjoy beer then i recommend trying out barley wine..
1. it tastes much better and is actually brewed by craftsmen
2. you get an average of 13% alcohol

edit: when i was 16 or so i would only drink malt liquor via 40oz. my favorites were, in no order.
mickeys
st. dies
colt 45
king cobra (anyone ever have a king cobra with oj mix? same thing as a brass monkey which is st. ides + oj)
country club (if i was drinking on the super cheap.. 4 40s for $3 anyone?)
camo (sometimes a little hard to find unless you are in the "inner city")

Last edited:
mickey's
cobra

cobra tastes more watery and is easy to drink really fast, but a 32oz is as expensive as a 40oz of mickey's

steel reserve makes me want to fucking vomit

Gotta be the charcoal-filtered goodness of Olde English. Colt 45 is a very close second for me, followed by Steel Reserve and then King Cobra. I haven't had the pleasure of trying Mickey's or St. Ides, though. It is a must to get a 40 oz fuck these damn 32's they keep pushing on the poor youth. What the hell happened to the other 8 oz's? Out of 5 gas stations I might go to in a 1-month period, only one has the sack to sell the real deal.

im sorry but i have moved on to much bigger and better things.. if you guys truly enjoy beer then i recommend trying out barley wine..
1. it tastes much better and is actually brewed by craftsmen
2. you get an average of 13% alcohol

I've had it before and it was good. And I do like good beer, but sometimes it's fun to go get some of the cheap rocket fuel just for the hell of it. Brings back childhood memories. =D

Anyone here had Schlitz High Gravity? My friend on voice chat dared me to try it last night after telling me how disgusting it was. So I told him I would if he stayed up a bit longer so I could go get it and give him my reaction whne I got back. Turns out I actually liked it lol. Wasn't bad at all and I was able to drink it pretty fast. Way better than 211 as far as I can remember. Wasn't harsh at all and I couldn't even taste the alcohol even tho it was 8.5%. I was expecting not to even be able to finish the 24oz can, but instead ended up chugging the damn thing lol. So I think when I want something cheap to get drunk on this will be what I go for now. I'll have to see sometime if I think it's as good starting sober tho, because I had already been drinking so it might have affected my judgement and taste. =D

So I tried Schlitz High Gravity again today sober to make sure my tastes weren't skewed from being drunk the last time I tried it. I was happy to find out that I still found it surprisingly smooth and drinkable. I was able to polish off the 24oz in about 3 minutes, unlike 211 which I would be gagging on for about 15 lol. Also unlike 211 it didn't sit in my stomach like a can full of gasoline. I could pretty easily pound 3 of these bad boys. On my next venture I think I may have to get some 211 just to see if I still think it's as horrible as I did back in the day. =D

^ It's always good to give it an honest try while you are sober.

I will probably try something new this thursday after my class is over. The bodega that I pass seems to have a decent selection of malt liquor. I didn't really investigate too much since I just went straight for the Olde E. I know that they have St Ides, so I guess I will either get that Mickeys, or Schlitz. I have never tried either. They have king cobra too, but I can't bring myself to buy that since I always saw bums drinking that when I was growing up.

... id buy each of you a Schneider Weisse Aventinus if you could find you way here ...

malt liquor is not only cheap syrup - im pointing out Schneider Weisse, but there is a lot of fine German Malt Liquor, Crystallized Malts etc. Spaten is one brewery that comes to mind, and they have a whole line up which is strictly made the same as it was a couple hundred or so years ago...Spaten Oktoberfest is another that comes to mind worth trying and mentioning.

my mainstays are steel reserve and olde english, every motherfucking day. i always go for one of those 2.