• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's wrong with my Oxycodone MBOX 15mg???

U

Unregistered071169

Does anyone know what this is????

I've always taken these (Mbox lt. green 15mg) in half because they are too strong as a whole pill for my back pain.

Yesterday I broke this one in half. The one side was normal, but this side had a little black speck. I thought maybe this was dirt from my fingers so I scraped it off with my fingernail. But when I did these 2 black lines kept getting bigger (no my fingernail was not dirty lol). Eventually after scraping some more the mines went away but I threw it out anyway to be safe.

Could it have been mold? If not, What could have this been???

I've been taking these for YEARS and have never seen anything like it!

You didn't say whether you're getting these from the street or prescribed from a pharmacy? Or if the other pills were like that. It could any number of things causing the irregularity in color. No way to know for sure just by looking at it.

REPLY - What's wrong with my Oxycodone MBOX 15mg

This is my reply to the mods questions for my thread

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/795749-What-s-wrong-with-my-Oxycodone-MBOX-15mg

Yes, my Rx. But TBH I'm terrified to ask the pharmacy for fear they may try to suggest I got my RX'd pill off the street. If no one has any ideas I WILL take to the pharmacy if it happens again but won't ask unless I know the pharmacist on duty. Where I live, unless they know you, you're automatically told that they are out of stock of Oxycodone. It's a flat out lie. My own pharmacy told me this (a new tech) until the pharmacist walked up behind her and confirmed that they did have it in stock. And they have a high turnover rate for techs at the pharmacy I go to (which is why I'm nervous to bring it in). If it were ANY other medication I would bring it in no problem but NOT Oxycodone. All patients prescribed Oxycodone are addicts until proven otherwise in my neck of the woods SMDH

so yes Rx, can't remember if there were any other questions in your post because I can't see it (posting in anonymous thread) thanks for trying to help!

I merged the two threads. It would make things easier if you sign up and register an account. Do all the pills have specks? Is your only issue the variant color? You said you are taking half, so they are helping your pain right? If you feel there is something wrong with them, take the pills and the bottle back to the pharmacy and show them.

My guess, but hard to tell, is someone opened the bottle with a pen in your pharmacy. Can you tell if it is on the exterior only of the tablet?

I merged the two threads. It would make things easier if you sign up and register an account. Do all the pills have specks? Is your only issue the variant color? You said you are taking half, so they are helping your pain right? If you feel there is something wrong with them, take the pills and the bottle back to the pharmacy and show them.

I'm actually going to try to respond to all questions from other posters as well. First, thank you for trying to help everyone! I went and created an account because yes, it was very difficult to respond to posts with the anonymous system but am also thankful the system was in place for me to originally post. :)

I threw this pill away. But no other pills in the bottle have this weird dark line in it. You could not see the line from the outside (only after it was split) and at first, digging deeper into the pill half made the line darker, but after digging deeper the line completely went away. I wasn't risking it so, like I said, I just tossed it. The rest of the pills in the bottle work as prescribed and none have the same "anomaly".

Seperate from this issue, I'm battling a rare disease called Cushing's Disease. One of the symptoms is brain fog and forgetfulness which is obviously worsened by the Oxycodone. This is probably why my brain didn't tell me to take the bottle in to the pharmacy as opposed to JUST the bad pill. I really hate this disease, it's truly awful - robs you of your life until treated. Sometimes, just getting feedback from clear thinking individuals is all the help I need lol

Since I've already disposed of it there isn't much I can do about it now though I will ask the pharmacist when I pick up my refill. In the meantime does anyone have any idea what could have caused just ONE pill out of 60 to have a black line in it?

- the pill looked completely normal from the outside. The other half of the pill looked normal inside as well. I would say the line didn't even go halfway through the pill because it disappeared eventually from scraping it down (to approximately a 5mg half)

- it VERY MUCH looked like someone had drawn a line in the pill with a pen LOL! But no this line was only inside not on the outside.

Thanks again!

Hi Jojo! Pharmacy and me either! It was only this pill and I've been prescribed these since last August but my pharmacy just recently switched to the ones with the M on them a couple of months ago (they used to say V4811 on them and they were a little thinner I think).

Last edited:
Hi Jojo! Pharmacy and me either! It was only this pill and I've been prescribed these since last August but my pharmacy just recently switched to the ones with the M on them a couple of months ago (they used to say V4811 on them and they were a little thinner I think).

The V's are wayyyy better than the M's in my opinion!! But, I never saw a pill look like that! That is crazy! The V's are thinner......My order of preference are the V's, M's, A 215......and the A 249 suck ass!!

I've never gotten those last 2 but yes I have to say that the original ones my pharmacy had seemed to provide relief longer. They were just as strong, but for some reason (and it might have to do with the fact that I just had an ovarian cyst rupture) I'd find myself looking at the clock an hour or so before I was to take my next dose because the medicine seemed to wear off quicker. It probably has to do with the cyst though as I'm in more pain than usual.