• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what's with doctors and fucking with your meds for no reason?

Be careful with the Oxy's if ur not used to opioids

Oh, I've been on opiates for seven years now. Done codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, morphine, buprenorphine, oxycodone, methadone, heroin and fentanyl.
Got my tolerance to low-medium right now, though as I just take tramadol 600mg a day and most days 240mg DHC. I try and get a few oxy or morphine sulphate when I can, though.

Yo
Oh, I've been on opiates for seven years now. Done codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, morphine, buprenorphine, oxycodone, methadone, heroin and fentanyl.
Got my tolerance to low-medium right now, though as I just take tramadol 600mg a day and most days 240mg DHC. I try and get a few oxy or morphine sulphate when I can, though.
Yooo careful THATS ALOT OF TRAMADOL you can have a damn seizure from high dose tramadol

How the heck did you get prescribed that dose or is it self medicated? I advise you not take 600mg tramadol each day.. im seriously woahd and concerned

600mg of Tramadol is seizure terratory you know! Tramadol lowers your seizure threshold. 400mg max. It's an SNRI as well as an opioid. The SRNI part of it is what lowers ur seizure threshold

wish I had a doc like that my doc only scripts me, because he has to my pharmacist though is sound he has done my special prescription request things to the doctor basically took it upon himself to prescribe me prescription only stuff like dhc and codine linctus done xanax once to we see eye to eye so to speak.

How the heck did you get prescribed that dose or is it self medicated? I advise you not take 600mg tramadol each day.. im seriously woahd and concerned

My doctor refuses to prescribe me anything stronger because I have a history of opiate abuse. But I have severe pain and I guess this is his way of easing his conscious. Though, IMO low-dose morphine is WAY safer than high-dose Tramadol.
I've never had a seizure from tramadol and I've taken up to 1050mg in a day before. Which is weird because I DO have a seizure disorder.

My doctor refuses to prescribe me anything stronger because I have a history of opiate abuse. But I have severe pain and I guess this is his way of easing his conscious. Though, IMO low-dose morphine is WAY safer than high-dose Tramadol.
I've never had a seizure from tramadol and I've taken up to 1050mg in a day before. Which is weird because I DO have a seizure disorder.

Fuck man i wana drop kick your doc in the teeth, mind you i have no actual med record of abuse, all my blood/screenings have been clean thus far, but im one of the very few lucky ones to be under the radar, but i must be lucky to be a relatively heavy crack user and still be trusted with an abundance of narcotic xr's but i cant say ive ever been less than honest medically so perhaps thats why but as to history man i see that alot i guess once youve been put in the abuse books youre fucked huh?

Fuck man i wana drop kick your doc in the teeth, mind you i have no actual med record of abuse, all my blood/screenings have been clean thus far, but im one of the very few lucky ones to be under the radar, but i must be lucky to be a relatively heavy crack user and still be trusted with an abundance of narcotic xr's but i cant say ive ever been less than honest medically so perhaps thats why but as to history man i see that alot i guess once youve been put in the abuse books youre fucked huh?

Yep! My doctor told me point blank to my face that I will NEVER be prescribed an adequate amount of pain medication. Even if I get cancer or horrific injuries. Have you got any idea how terrifying that is?

Unfortunately you have to just grin and take their shit doctors are the gatekeepers

Yep! My doctor told me point blank to my face that I will NEVER be prescribed an adequate amount of pain medication. Even if I get cancer or horrific injuries. Have you got any idea how terrifying that is?
Yeah that sounds quite sadistic tbh thats pretty unprofessional to

Not gonna lie i clenched my fist reading that, if a doc ever said that to me id catch him after work and break both his hands but thats just me fuck thats so uncool man i cant put myself in that scenario thats crazy what a dickhead dude have u tried finding another doc?

Yep, I have been seriously thinking about getting a new doctor. However, when you switch doctors practice all your notes/files/history etc get passed on from your old doctors practice (they is no way around this) so the new doctors will read my doctors biased notes and comments and probably end up doing the same as he did.

Yep, I have been seriously thinking about getting a new doctor. However, when you switch doctors practice all your notes/files/history etc get passed on from your old doctors practice (they is no way around this) so the new doctors will read my doctors biased notes and comments and probably end up doing the same as he did.
gosh man, i feel for ya forreal n as someone who has chronic pain that uses crack cocaine to subsidize his opiates i have genuine empathy for you its unbelievable

Most GPs don't have time even to read your regular hospital letters CE, there's even less chance they'll read those from your old practice. I strongly recommend switching to another GP. It's one reason I always pick larger practices, as I can usually find one GP I like among them who's more open minded and thoughtful.

From what you've told us about ur GP you should DEFINITELY get a new one!! Do you live alone? If not bring that person who lives with you to ur next appointment and say they will look after my meds. A family member is usually the best advocate.

PS: Not all GP's behave the same, they often use their own initiative when it comes to prescribing, some actually have compassion. I've had past addiction problems, I smoked Weed for 10 years and snorted Coke for 10 years and my GP knows about this and he's confident to prescribe me 30mg Oxycodone 4x a day (120mg daily) as long as my mum keeps hold of my meds. Which she doesnt cos she trusts me.

I've been weed and coke free for 6 years which I think my GP is taking into account.

Last edited:
From what you've told us about ur GP you should DEFINITELY get a new one!! Do you live alone? If not bring that person who lives with you to ur next appointment and say they will look after my meds. A family member is usually the best advocate.

PS: Not all GP's behave the same, they often use their own initiative when it comes to prescribing, some actually have compassion. I've had past addiction problems, I smoked Weed for 10 years and snorted Coke for 10 years and my GP knows about this and he's confident to prescribe me 30mg Oxycodone 4x a day (120mg daily) as long as my mum keeps hold of my meds. Which she doesnt cos she trusts me.

I've been weed and coke free for 6 years which I think my GP is taking into account.

As far as my GP knows I've been drug and alcohol free for 4 years.
That's a great idea; I might bring my mum and say she can keep hold of them. I wouldn't even mind if she did tbh. She'd probably keep it up for a week or two and then get lazy and trust me with it.

As far as my GP knows I've been drug and alcohol free for 4 years.
That's a great idea; I might bring my mum and say she can keep hold of them. I wouldn't even mind if she did tbh. She'd probably keep it up for a week or two and then get lazy and trust me with it.

It worked for me. Tell her the situation and hopefully she will agree.

Not sure exactly how things work in the UK, but I’d threaten filing a malpractice suit against your Dr and the assholes that put you on the shit that caused those horrifyingly dangerous seizures. You’ve certainly got a strong case. I’d be willing to bet they’d change their tune real fucking quick if you brought that up. You nearly died due to their bullshit and not listening to you, not to mention the incredible pain and suffering you endured. Bring that up for sure would be my suggestion. Like you said tell them you’re going to sue them if they don’t put you back on the meds that worked for you. Seriously. Definitely get a new Dr too, and if they fuck with you just explain what happened to you when the previous Dr changed shit up on you etc. Best of luck. I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through all this.

I figured this shit was here in the U.S. due to all the opioid hysteria. Sad to see this sort of shit is happening elsewhere as well.

Last edited: