• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What's the worst gift you got? ver. Not Another Fruitcake!?!?!!?!

1st grade secret santa- I got a picture book with black children playing in the snow

Lottery tickets from my brother lol but he made it up after...told me and my sister he had a fat ass ndtitl that we could smoke after. I was like shit then I'm down.

Lottery tickets from my brother lol but he made it up after...told me and my sister he had a fat ass ndtitl that we could smoke after. I was like shit then I'm down.

Shit I'm high this isn't the lounge.

Lulz, my aunt once gave me a nsync and shakira cd's when I was young, that was fked up but it sure did feel good throwing them in the trash

I kept the shakira cd it had 1 good song, lost it a few months later

all the $50 gift cards that I lost / never used.

Ive seriously been given hundreds of dollars thats gone uncollected (well, the companies collect it.)

Ive used a gift card once I think, I bought a subway sandwich, and traded the rest of the card for some dank pink Buddhas, those were MDA beans too :D

The Passion of the Christ DVD

1. Why would anybody want to watch that more than once (if at all)?
2. The woman (my ex's mother) who got it for me isn't even religious and knew I wasn't either. Was it on sale at Target? Probably.

WTF?

I don't think anyone can top this: one year my uncle gave me a two pack of air freshener... Not even as a joke. This year he got me Kleenex and a mini flashlight....

I don't know him very well but I'm dying to know what secret life he lives. He is too odd

^ I can

My friends mom bought me a can of disgusting bodyspray from the 99c store that smelled like old man aftershave. She wrapped it and gave it to me truely expecting me to be amazed lol, I played along and gave her a hug. They were dirt poor so I almost felt bad.

One time my friend gave me a cigarette and said merry christmas, does that count? Tbh I would rather have the stogie than the body spray, and I quit smoking years ago...

I've also gotten cards with no money or writing on the inside, what a terrible gift.

Last edited:
I'm a vegan and I got a cookbook for carnivores. This person knows I'm vegan. I don't think he knows what vegan means.
My boyfriend (mostly-vegan) got a cheese plate. From the same person who gave me a carnivore cookbook. Who also kept offering us fish.
Also, my sis gave me a piggy bank but it was so ugly looking and also.... I'm in my 20s.... I don't have a piggy bank. (I didn't when I was a kid either)
My parents are amazing and often give me pretty cool gifts but they also give really silly gifts sometimes and I'm just like.... save your money! (not trying to be ungrateful but it could go towards something much nicer)

I literally write out lists of things I am currently looking at (for my boyfriend and parents) and give it to them. Of all different price ranges. My boyfriend knows me well and always gets awesome gifts but my parents get confused. :p

Sometimes we didn't really get much of anything as kids besides action figures from the dollar store, but we were broke as fuck so. I also got incense that's so cheap it won't light, and some tree wizard thing incense holder that annoys me just to look at.

Free shit is free though, so I can't really bitch

Nothing bad this year, but I once got a $10 gift certificate to Wal-mart from my uncle.

ebola