• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What's the purpose of a human?

Good I'm truly happy for you. However I suggest you don't procreate because your offspring may not be so lucky.

Today you've inspired me to go out and get some Rocky Road Ice Cream. Bless you.

But just knowing that creates a state of mind for me where nothing is believed to be true or false. I know it's all games at the end of the day. These days I find myself letting go of beliefs almost as fast as I pick them up.

A statement that really helped me believe I have a purpose is "There are no square circles, and no circular squares." That's a statement of absolute truth. From there, I could extrapolate that good and evil are real, and that morality protects the user.

I used to believe in all subjectivity, that there was no truth. The first statement I couldn't refute was the "no square circles" argument. But I find there's excuses and even reasoning that deflects that statement. But it was enough, along with peer pressure, to get me to accept truth.

I was always jealous of people who lived in an absolute universe, for they seemed to have something solid to base all experience and behavior upon. And now that I have that as well, I can say, I was right to be jealous.

These days I find myself letting go of beliefs almost as fast as I pick them up.

One of the best things I have seen today, maybe a long shot here but you ever been into chaos "majick"?

That bit quoted above is what I try to live by, I will go fully into some idea system & live by it for some time & then drop it, I know to a lot of folks that may seem mad but I find if you go into any idea system & keep it 24/7 you will miss so many other things around you.

You on Facebook Cosmic Trigger?

I did become interested in Chaos Magic at one time some years back. It made complete sense to me at least to the level I understood it and took it.

I don't do social media friend. It frightens me. There's a lot of demonic (average person) energy there. I try to avoid that kind of energy because it's subtle and eats away at your spirit and before you know it you're one of them.

evolution that created humans, is happening on a universal scale and we are just a product of that process.

Key difference being aware of self and place in universe (allowed us to plan/ hunt/ farm/ establish civilisations etc) has a by product of us questioning Why?

The need for life after death, higher powers that intervene for our prayers are all just the natural human ego faced with the reality that life is what it is, a cycle.

If we were meant to know what happens after death we would imo, since we don't I'm betting on above.

Will remain agnostic though. On balance however, mankind would have been better off without gods

Human beings were created as a slave race by ANUBIS.
See "The Gods of Eden" (book).

The Sumerians said similar things. The question is, what do we do about it? I vote Antinatalism

I don't think an individual human has any particular purpose. Humanity, as every species has one purpose only: survival.

Sure we may think we are smarter than anything else on our planet, but that's the funny thing, if we don't figure out a way to get off this rock and out of our own solar system then our species will become extinct, guaranteed. Even if we do it's dicey, but at least there's a chance of survival.

I don't think an individual human has any particular purpose. Humanity, as every species has one purpose only: survival.

Sure we may think we are smarter than anything else on our planet, but that's the funny thing, if we don't figure out a way to get off this rock and out of our own solar system then our species will become extinct, guaranteed. Even if we do it's dicey, but at least there's a chance of survival.

There's no evidence that humans can survive long-term away from Earth. In fact all current evidence is to the contrary. Some ISS crew have spent upwards of 6 months in space and they all have suffered deleterious effects, such as loss of bone density, hormone problems, and possible increases in cancer risk because of radiation exposure. Maybe with genetic engineering we could overcome some of that, but I doubt it.

Our faith in technology is a bit misguided. We can't duplicate the necessities of life -- I mean, of really living and connecting... such as the microbiome. Scientists can't even categorize all the flora in our bowels, there are so many. The interconnections of each species and how they together cause our immune system to be properly regulated is still a mystery. In fact we know more about outer space than the gut microbiome. And yet people propose we start building a colony in space, away from the Earth.

It's just not happening. The level of cooperation on a global scale to get humanity into space is just not going to happen. The reason is that in order to achieve that level of understanding of bio-tech, we have to have much better insight into ourselves, and that insight requires that we stop fighting one another. Without insight, our technology can only eventually destroy us.

I agree with everything you've said, it is still possible that one day, if we did stop killing one another, we would be able to achieve the required levels of technology for it to happen. One thing is certain, if we don't leave earth, we end our chances as a viable species. Maybe a few billion years away, but it will end.

hhhhmmmmmmmm :\

Several points I can pick upon here but the main one that I want to comment on is this " but that's the funny thing, if we don't figure out a way to get off this rock and out of our own solar system then our species will become extinct, guaranteed"

Sadly I find you're thinking in a "body" way, I am 100% sure the "soul/spirit" is something far more powerful & "God" gave us chemicals to release us into our true form. I really think the pinnacle of what we are here to do is to find a way to live outside our own body, I am sure Dr John Lilly was onto something before he went mad. I mean Jesus you ever had a huge dose of Ketamine or smoked n,n DMT? You try to tell me that isn't real & is all the result of your brain going mad.

Going into space is a joke & to get onto another planet is also as crazy to me, I swear we are here to blast off into the "spirit" world, the place where medicine men in Peru shoot blue darts at other people & we need no body to move around.

Yeah I am mad I guess.

Hehe nothing wrong with believing in something beyond the physical, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I don't believe at all that there is anything other than the physical universe so for me it's a simple matter of astrophysics that we need to leave. If there isn't a planet killing event then at the very least our sun will die.

Actually i cant see us bothering too much with other planets, because they will all have a time restriction on them anyway, in cosmic terms. If we were to go anywhere i see it as ending up a sort of nomadic race, travelling and checking stuff out, sustainably taking resources from planets as we come across them.

The sun dying is an event that is potentially billions of years away. Humanity is only 150,000 years old. Our existence is a blip in cosmic time. There's nothing wrong with our existence on Earth that can't be fixed by fixing ourselves. We already have all the solutions and expertise to live a relatively paradisiacal life free of want and material inequity while respecting the planet, but our psychopathic nature maintains the current game at all costs.

We've got about a billion years left of earth being suitable for life. After that, the sun will have heated up to the point where all the oceans will have evaporated and there won't be any water left on the planet. So, yes it's a long way away, but like I said, it's inevitable. That's assuming there's no planet killing catastrophe in the meantime.

No point in fixing ourselves to live in peace and harmony without an exit strategy for when that time comes or it will all have been for naught.