• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's the most codeine you have ever taken.

For the sake of HR, this need a little disclosure:

High dose codeine use can be really dangerous. There is a generally agreed upon safe upper limit for most people of 400mg codeine. For a lot of people uncomfortable side effects begin around 300-350mg. The problem isn't with its action as an opioid agonist so much as the histamine reaction from codeine.

Once I tried desperately taking 700mg codeine over the course of an evening. My thinking was a I was a little tolerant to methadone (20mg or so), and I was afraid I wouldn't get anything out of my normal 300mg dose of codeine. Big mistake. Histamine reaction from codeine OD caused my neck to become incredibly swollen, nearly causing me to choke to death. Without prednisone administered I can only imagine I wouldn't have been able to breath at all.

That said, people can build up a tolerance to codeine's histamine reaction. There are people out there who can take massive 400mg+ doses and be fine. These are people who have been using codeine and building up their tolerance for a LONG time though.

The dangers of the codeine histamine's reaction is still an issue even if the user is cross tolerant with other opioids. Unless they're have a tolerance to something specific like codeine that has a significant histamine reaction (more so than morphine, though cross tolerance with morphine would probably be better than something like oxycodone, where there isn't nearly as much histamine reaction), the dangers of codeine OD histamine reaction require the user to tread lightly.

Choking to death on your own neck muscles is a horrible way to go :(

------

Okay, please carry on with the dick sizing and silly stories :)

Although I have certainly enjoyed doses of codeine, especially between 200-350mg, especially especially when combined with some DPH and a small dose of diazepam, it's really not my favorite opioid. It's nice, but I guess there are other I'd rather have used.

DPH or promethazine was always a must for me taking codeine. Otherwise the histamine reaction even more moderate recreational doses makes it a little uncomfortable. Different people react more or less strongly to codeine's histamine release though. Some people enjoy it 300mg, while others find it too uncomfortable at half that.

Why does it have to be dicksizing I'm just interested in people's experience s with high doses i know it's not safe but we're all but boys now and we might just learn something useful.

Nothing meant towards you personally tbd I know it's your job to do this stuff it's just the general attitude that people have that annoys me anyway on with the dicksizing :D

I was at my in-laws place a couple hours from our house and we were staying over for the weekend. Anyway everyone was playing cards (something I most definitely am not into) and I was bored to tears. So I go upstairs to use the bathroom and of course I snoop around a little. Turns out there was a huge bottle of Tylenol with codeine pills (I forget what they're called) prescribed to her old man and it was kind of old. I think they had 5mg of codeine in tbem for the record.

So, I turn the bottle over and pour out like 30 - 40 pills, and I mean you'd be hard pressed to notice any were missing. I think I took like 8 - 10 at one time and sat back down at the card table, I think I wasdrinking a beer that night. In a bit I started to feel a buzz, however what followed was out of control. I started itching like a MF and it just would not relent! I was in freaking agony but the worst of it was that I was worried someone would put one and one together and figure out what I had done. Bottom line was that no one did, not even my wife, which did kind of surprise me. Unfortunately the itching and scratching did not stop at all the entire night and I was utterly miserable! So, this fellow learned his lesson and I pretty much avoid codeine all together now. Didn't need to be told twice on that one!

For the sake of HR, this need a little disclosure:

High dose codeine use can be really dangerous. There is a generally agreed upon safe upper limit for most people of 400mg codeine. For a lot of people uncomfortable side effects begin around 300-350mg. The problem isn't with its action as an opioid agonist so much as the histamine reaction from codeine.

Once I tried desperately taking 700mg codeine over the course of an evening. My thinking was a I was a little tolerant to methadone (20mg or so), and I was afraid I wouldn't get anything out of my normal 300mg dose of codeine. Big mistake. Histamine reaction from codeine OD caused my neck to become incredibly swollen, nearly causing me to choke to death. Without prednisone administered I can only imagine I wouldn't have been able to breath at all.

That said, people can build up a tolerance to codeine's histamine reaction. There are people out there who can take massive 400mg+ doses and be fine. These are people who have been using codeine and building up their tolerance for a LONG time though.

The dangers of the codeine histamine's reaction is still an issue even if the user is cross tolerant with other opioids. Unless they're have a tolerance to something specific like codeine that has a significant histamine reaction (more so than morphine, though cross tolerance with morphine would probably be better than something like oxycodone, where there isn't nearly as much histamine reaction), the dangers of codeine OD histamine reaction require the user to tread lightly.

Choking to death on your own neck muscles is a horrible way to go :(

------

Okay, please carry on with the dick sizing and silly stories :)

Although I have certainly enjoyed doses of codeine, especially between 200-350mg, especially especially when combined with some DPH and a small dose of diazepam, it's really not my favorite opioid. It's nice, but I guess there are other I'd rather have used.

DPH or promethazine was always a must for me taking codeine. Otherwise the histamine reaction even more moderate recreational doses makes it a little uncomfortable. Different people react more or less strongly to codeine's histamine release though. Some people enjoy it 300mg, while others find it too uncomfortable at half that.
When I first got into it I used it for mephedrone comedowns mephedrone was the shit a few years ago in the UK mainly because of how cheap it was.

I never had any NOT ANY histamine reactions even when going over 300 mg. instead I took 300 mg for 2 nights 300 mg each night at least in a row and when I got up to get to the kitchen on that fady night I literally just woke up on the floor(I had been doing mcat as well then I rested for two days after doses up on codeine) anyway I quickly realized I had collapsed on the floor I dunno how long for but my mum was in the living room next door and she thankfully hadn't seen me what's more shocking though is I had no injury on the back of my head of anything and I was lying face down and the stone hard kitchen tiles I promptly went back to bed I think it was oxygen deprivation but I'd never heard of histamine reactions until a year or two ago I had a period of not getting high even off huge amounts and instead only getting negative side effect but that quickly passed and now I'm back to normal.

^perhaps there are other risks than histamine reaction as well. The normal issues with full agonist OD whatnot.

and fwiw, I was being (poorly) sarcastic with the dick sizing remark. I don't actually think I've ever noticed people actually doing that in DC. More just talking about drug use. Around these part that means, at times, a lot of drugs :)

^perhaps there are other risks than histamine reaction as well. The normal issues with full agonist OD whatnot.

and fwiw, I was being (poorly) sarcastic with the dick sizing remark. I don't actually think I've ever noticed people actually doing that in DC. More just talking about drug use. Around these part that means, at times, a lot of drugs :)

I had been doing a lot of mephedrone prior and was probably a little malnourished and this was like the 3rd or 4th time I did them so tolerance was low although I did notice an insanely fast tolerance dose once I started dosing 300mg I do remember that first 300mg lol it was verrrrry pleasurable..

300mg isn't very dangerous IME. It's doses over 400mg, especially without a tolerance to codeine, that get into the danger zone.

Not saying there aren't people who can naturally seem to handle/need more. But folks with tolerance to codeine where they are taking 600-900mg doses amaze (and kinda scare) me.

And people who can handle that much codeine make me a tad jealous in a weird, kinda twisted way. First, because they have access to so much codeine where they can regularly afford to take 900mg doses. Second, because said doses don't land them in the hospital.

I do not envy the likely dependency/side effects/ etc, but, yeah... In my dreams I guess. These days I'd take tramadol>codeine for therapeutic reasons any day...

I've never been a codeine guy, not OTC in the US and priced poorly due to hype in rap music for over a decade.

I guess chugging 2 bottles of cheratussin AC, not sure how much codeine but not recommended (lots of guaf in that stuff.)