• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

whats the longest trip u can get from LSD?

bigbangaz

Greenlighter
if u take an extremely high dose of lsd for how long will u be tripping?
can it last days or weeks or years? whats the maximum?

^^^ I concur, my longest trip was also about 14 hours.

can it last days or weeks or years? whats the maximum?

No. As a spitball estimate, I'd say it could last anywhere between 12-36 hours, depending on the dose and who's taking it. As an aside, I'd say that if you're inexperienced enough to ask this question, you're probably not ready for high-dose LSD.

36 hours? Maybe if you redosed. Its pretty hard to have an acid trip longer than 12 hours. There are lingering after effects lasting various durations, but actual tripping is around 12 hours. All those stories about "fingerprints" that last days are lies.

I've had one extremely high dose go well over 24hrs, you should listen to Clocktower

Depends what you're talking about - however big the dose you peak at 3-6 hours after dropping. That's all the fun part of the trip pretty much over. Then it's just the annoying after effects waiting till you can go for some sleep. A bigger dose isn't going to make the fun part last any longer. The brain only has so many receptors - you don't go on increasing the trip with dose.

Depends what you're talking about - however big the dose you peak at 3-6 hours after dropping. That's all the fun part of the trip pretty much over. Then it's just the annoying after effects waiting till you can go for some sleep. A bigger dose isn't going to make the fun part last any longer.
The brain only has so many receptors - you don't go on increasing the trip with dose.

For the normal dosage range I would agree but things get different when you overdose.

I spilled a nearly full vial of strong(dunno the mcgs per dose) acid in my pocket, and was awake for nearly a week. This was 2002, when acid was cheap and abundant. I got left at some DJ's house, and couldn't even remember my best friend's phone number to come pick me up. I honestly can't remember most of it, so I can't tell you how long the trip lasted, but yeah...

Haha Jesus! A WEEK? Yeech!

Did the acid simply absorb from your pocket onto your skin & thus, into your blood-stream? Or, realising your mistake, did you perhaps spend some time sucking on your pocket? Lol

I had a 3 day LSD trip about 11yrs ago. But that was on like 10mg, taken over a couple days. Couldn't in good conscience recommend another human being do that, but my experience was largely positive. I was a weirdo for Ike a month after that though.

Haha, yeah I was already tripping and was rubbing my pocket trying to figure out why it was wet! For a month afterwards, I had friends coming over to lick my pants lol. No fucking joke! Life has been interesting for me LOL

For the normal dosage range I would agree but things get different when you overdose.

It can't work any differently. Your brain only has so many receptors - once those are filled the rest of the LSD simply passes round your body until it is pissed out or otherwise eliminated. Even if it stayed in your body for 10 hours it wouldn't make you "trip for another 10 hours" because your brain receptors would already have a tolerance and wouldn't accept it.

You might feel physically stimulated for longer from all the LSD in your bloodstream but you certainly arn't going to have psychedelic effects for 24 hours. You'll peak within 3-8 hours and then you'll comedown, just the same as if you took a smaller dose.

^I agree but the dose I'm talking about was enough to give me a psychotic break which then led to intense auditory and visual hallucinations for well over 24 hours and once that subsided I was left with heavy visuals. While the drug itself may only have a certain lifespan it can cause cascading effects that last much longer. Again I'm just speaking from personal experience here.

LSD with lyposomal vitamin C was killing it 18 hours in and we had eaten and drank everything in the house to bring it down but it still hammered away.