• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's the equivalent dose of 1mg Xanax??

Neutralview

Greenlighter
How much diazepam is the equivalent of 1mg of Xanax?? There's lots of wrong/right information online. On a French website it states 10mg of Diazepam is equal to 0.5mg of xanax!! I Find that hard to believe if it's true then that suck's cause I was taking 1.5mg of xanax before the doctor weaned me off them against my will then switched me to 10mg of diazepam which is not working. If 0.5mg of xanax is the equivalent of 10mg of diazepam then that explains why its not working cause when I was taking 1.5mg of xanax it was working I felt relaxed,calm & a little sedated.
But I found another reputable site claiming 0.5mg xanx=10mg diazepam here's the site: http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm
To me it can't be right cause that would mean 4mg of Xanax is the equivalent of 80mg of diazepam?!? Imo I think 1mg of Xanax= 10mg of diazepam so 0.5mg of xanax=5mg of diazepam am I right or wrong??

Worst case 20mg diazepam for 1mg of Xanax. Just remember, they are approxament equality charts, but they are completely different drugs.

Responses to different benzos vary considerably between individuals. The benzo eqivalancy charts are a guide, but they aren't spot on. For me, 0.5mg xanax felt a little stronger than 5mg valium.. probably not as strong as 10mg, but that's just me.

I find those charts to be WAY off.. I have no idea how 10mg of valium is equal to 0.5mg of Xanax or Klonopin too.. I think it should be 10mg of diazepam(valium) is equal to 1mg of Xanax or Klonopin. Kaden_Nite is right too^. Different benzos respond very different to everyone.. Lots of people I know hate valium and can take like 50mg and feel jack shit but say that 1mg of Xanax will have them feeling good.. To me I would much rather have the valium, I like it way better than Xanax and I also like klonopin too. I have been prescribed all three and like valium the best, at relatively high doses of 30mg+, I was prescribed 40mg a day for a while and felt wonderful on that.. and I am now on 3-4mg of klonopin a day which I also like a lot, just not AS much as valium, I like valium just a bit more, it makes me more happy and loosened up, just feeling great all day... klonopin is a bit more subtle. Xanax is okay too, but out of the 3 I have been on it was actually my least favorite, its way too short acting for my liking, it is however a lot more punchy and potent feeling for the 3-5 hrs it works, but I much prefer a benzo that will last all day long, as I have general/social anxiety thru the roof, more than I have panic attacks, so I benefit more from valium and kpin. Also Ativan, one of the 4 most commonly US prescribed benzos, is complete garbage of a benzo to me, it should be over the counter... its so weak IMO. 10mg Ativan with no tolerance to benzos, didn't do anything to me when I first tried it, seriously!! and that's a high dose for someone who is benzo naïve like I once was..

I find those charts to be WAY off.. I have no idea how 10mg of valium is equal to 0.5mg of Xanax or Klonopin too.. I think it should be 10mg of diazepam(valium) is equal to 1mg of Xanax or Klonopin. Kaden_Nite is right too^. Different benzos respond very different to everyone.. Lots of people I know hate valium and can take like 50mg and feel jack shit but say that 1mg of Xanax will have them feeling good.. To me I would much rather have the valium, I like it way better than Xanax and I also like klonopin too. I have been prescribed all three and like valium the best, at relatively high doses of 30mg+, I was prescribed 40mg a day for a while and felt wonderful on that.. and I am now on 3-4mg of klonopin a day which I also like a lot, just not AS much as valium, I like valium just a bit more, it makes me more happy and loosened up, just feeling great all day... klonopin is a bit more subtle. Xanax is okay too, but out of the 3 I have been on it was actually my least favorite, its way too short acting for my liking, it is however a lot more punchy and potent feeling for the 3-5 hrs it works, but I much prefer a benzo that will last all day long, as I have general/social anxiety thru the roof, more than I have panic attacks, so I benefit more from valium and kpin. Also Ativan, one of the 4 most commonly US prescribed benzos, is complete garbage of a benzo to me, it should be over the counter... its so weak IMO. 10mg Ativan with no tolerance to benzos, didn't do anything to me when I first tried it, seriously!! and that's a high dose for someone who is benzo naïve like I once was..

I agree with most of what you said. Like you said 10mg of diazepam is probably equal to 1mg. It makes sense cause the maximum recommended dose of diazepam is 40mg & for Xanax it's 4mg ( even tho some take 5mg or 6mg). So in reality 4mg of Xanax= 40mg of Diazepam right?? You're right about Diazepam lasts all day wheras Xanax only lasts 2-3 hours then it wears off quite quickly & Diazepam is a muscle relaxer Xanax isn't. But I wished I sticked with Xanax cause I was taking 1.5mg a day & it was working. I managed to get the 0.5mg tablets ( I had the 0.25mg previously) so I all I needed to do was to get my doctor to increase the dose (easier said than done) & give me the 1mg pills then afterwhile the 2mg pills (which is the highest dose). But instead my new doctor switched me to diazepam ( I know Diazepam is better than Xanax but it's more diffult to ask the doctor for 20mg of Diazepam than 2mg of Xanax) He gave me the 2mg tablets which is pathetic considering I was taking 1.5mg of Xanax a day (which is the equivalent to 15-20mg of Diazepam) but I managed to convince him to give me the 5mg tablets so now I'm taking 10mg of diazepam but it's not working?? Hence why I was wondering what the equivalent dose of Xanax is cause if 10mg diazepam =1mg of Xanax then if I take 15mg of Diazepam it should work cause I was taking 1.5mg of xanax ( which is equal to 15mg of Diazepam unless I'm wrong??). Anyway it's gonna be harder to get the doctor to increase my dose of Diazpam to 20mg let alone 30mg maybe I should have sticked with Xanax??

Damn.. that sucks man. Yeah different doctors have much different views on benzos as I have found out. My first doctor had no problem prescribing 4mg of klonopin a day or Xanax if id rather.. which I tried for a month but went back to kpin 4mg a day for a year and a half... then it stopped working as well for me as it once did so I asked to try diazepam and he obliged and gave me 40mg a day of diaz... so I was loving it! I loved being on that high a dose of valium everyday, I was literally just ecstatic every day from that dose of valium everyday! Then I had to switch docs and my current doc whom I switched to from that doc said no way to the 40mg a day of valium I was on.. she put me back on klonopin and wanted to drop my dose all the way down to 2mg a day after being on 40mg of valium, and I pleaded with her to please at least just let me stay at 4mg a day of the klonopin... she met me in the middle and gave me 3-4 1mg tabs a day basically 3mg a day with some extras incase I need them... so that's where I am now.

But yea 10mg of valium wouldn't touch me these days... I recently went on a little coke bender a month or so ago and took too many of my kpins and had to borrow some 5mg valiums from a family member because I was starting a new job and couldn't do it with nothing... and I have to say 5mg of valium didn't touch me! it was like I took nothing, I think it was because it was the mylan generics, which SUCK! all the benzos mylan makes are shit IME.. they are like sugar pills. that's the only generic I cannot stand, all the others are fine to me, but mylan klonopin, valium, and Xanax is garbage... I would def ask to be increased on the valium, if the 10mg a day isn't cutting it.. play it off like you do agree with the benzo conversion chart and say well this 10mg of valium only feels like I am taking 0.5mg of the 1.5 mg I used to take, can you give me 20mg at least? that's what I would say... just be very serious and truthful with your doc.. hope you can figure it out man. benzos are super random the way they affect everybody so differently.

Yeah I'll try asking the doctor for a higher dose if he can increase my dose of diazepam to 20mg or 30mg. If not then I'll ask to hime to renew my prescription of Xanax. it's much easier/faster to reach the highest maximum dose of 4mg of Xanax a day then to reach 40mg of Diazepam. But I've got to ask is Diazepam the best/most effective benzo out of all the benzos?? Which benzo is the strongest & works better to relex muscles 7 to make you stoned/sedated/high??
Also when you were taking diazepam after awhile it stops working right?? So you have to keep incresing the dose?? Even when you were taking 40mg how long were you on that dose I'd imagine after several months it would stop working or would it continue to work?? Although I've been prescribed 10mg of diazepam I've been taking 15mg of diazepam but the effects don't last all day?? I though diazepam had a long half life therefore the effects would last all day but for me it only lasts 3-4 hours max??

Yea I have abused and weaned off all 4 major USA benzos:
Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, and Diazepam.

Also used Etizolam very heavily

It's very hard to compare them especially to wean

Honestly I see why dr. Ashton let's the original benzo kinda blend at first getting to the longer lasting Valium

Each benzo has done a little different to say the least.

For example... Xanax was great for immediate action and abusing ... But it left me searching for more relief from my muscle tension and sciatica pain.
Clonazepam however worked amazing for it. Immediately. It took like a week on diazepam to get that same feeling.

Etizolam was extremely fast, very strong and seemed to cause a lot of black out periods.

So anyway.. I'm trying to say they are so different even tho grouped as bezos your bound to feel weird even if "equivalent dosed" according to "source x,Y,z"

Like ativan w/d and etizolam were very hard mentally Xanax All around hard,very difficult to find a way to curb.
Clonazepam was hard physically, and Valium was sooo long lasting ugh.

I very very highly suggest a quick taper and a short stint of barbiturates to keep you in n not seizing

The key in my recent bout kicking off around 10+ mg Xanax/klonopin equivalents...

Gabapentin and/or Pregabalin!!

A new Dr was very happy to give a new Rx of gabapentin just today to me in a public clinic for the ghetto folks, and they are strict.

I was bad too... Suboxone and severe benzo wd among other things.
I was hallucinating and all ...

If you need to talk PM me

Best of luck.

P.s. I'd say like others.. 1mg of Xanax is closer to 15-20mg of valium. And it's gonna be slow to feel right and adjust