• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's the difference between "Robitussin Lingering Cold" and "CVS Tussin Non-Drowsy"

shotgunfacelift

Greenlighter
What's the difference between "Robitussin Lingering Cold" and "CVS Tussin Non-Drowsy"

Hey everyone, I have another DXM question.
So last time, I tried "CVS Tussin Non-Drowsy Cough Syrup." It was a 4oz bottle, and it was kicking in within an hour to an hour and a half. However, the taste was terrible (as is every cold medication, haha), so I decided to buy some gel caps today, to see if that was any different. I bought the gel caps, and they're called "Robitussin Lingering Cold." The only active ingredient is dextromethorphan. Did I get the right thing? The pharmacy that I buy from only had this one, will it work as effectively as the syrup? What's the difference between the two? Thanks in advance!

There won't be too much of a difference. The effect time will be similar and the duration will also be about the same. But depending on how sensitive you are the pills might give you more nausea. I've used both pills & syrup, although I prefer using the pills so I don't have to taste all the syrup. Other than taste/getting it down there's not much of a difference.

There won't be too much of a difference. The effect time will be similar and the duration will also be about the same. But depending on how sensitive you are the pills might give you more nausea. I've used both pills & syrup, although I prefer using the pills so I don't have to taste all the syrup. Other than taste/getting it down there's not much of a difference.

Thanks for the help! I don't usually get nausea over substances, so I should be fine.

You want the check the ingredients to make sure you're not taking a bunch of guaifenesin (Homeless ------ > BDD)

Luckily both items are required to state their active ingredients. Check the back of the bottle or if applicable, check the package insert and like T. Calderone said, avoid Guafinesin as it contributes to negative side effects. They make liquid gels of DXM that contain only the one active ingredient, I know they have them at CVS and Wal-Mart. These would be your best bet.

You want the check the ingredients to make sure you're not taking a bunch of guaifenesin (Homeless ------ > BDD)

One could get alot worse then guaifenesin. Atleast that will only make you puke your guts up where as Pseudoephedrine can give you a stroke or a heart attack while a OD of Acetaminophen/Paracetamol will cause a very slow death due to liver failure.

The best form of DXM i have ever had was the Neo-Citron cough strips. They where only 15mg's of DXM a strip and abit expensive but they where worth it as they dissolved on contact with your tongue and tasted awesome. So you just balled up your desired amount and popped it in your mouth. Koffex syrup was also a wicked one though i have not seen it in ages. That syrup tasted so good you could pretty much drink it just for the taste of it.