• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Whats The Deal With These Subutex?

RamonTheTowelBoy

Greenlighter
I Snorted a line of subutex 10. Hours After Last H Dose And Went Into Precipitated Withdrawals Wtf? Y... I Thought It Was Safe Since The Tex Don't Have Nalaxone.?./My Friend Said That Happened Because I Snorted And Not Ate It? I've heard of ppl who mix these and get "fxxxxx up"

That's right Subutex doesn't contain Naloxone. Unfortunately Buprenorphine itself is an agonist/antagonist at opioid receptors and can cause precipitated withdrawal. It's generally recommended to wait until you're already in opioid withdrawal, before taking buprenorphine. It doesn't matter whether you snort/ingest it, buprenorphine gets into your blood both ways.

That's right Subutex doesn't contain Naloxone. Unfortunately Buprenorphine itself is an agonist/antagonist at opioid receptors and can cause precipitated withdrawal. It's generally recommended to wait until you're already in opioid withdrawal, before taking buprenorphine. It doesn't matter whether you snort/ingest it, buprenorphine gets into your blood both ways.

Correct.

Its irrelevant whether or not your bupe has naloxone or not. Bupe itself is an agonist and antagonist, with a very high binding affinity. So it will kick almost all other opiates off your receptors... including naloxone ( which is one reason why the naloxone has no effect - the other reason is that it is not active sublingually).

Also, don't snort your bupe. Thats just silly, it is most effective sublingually.

Also, don't snort your bupe. Thats just silly, it is most effective sublingually.

Are you sure? I could be out of the loop... Sublingual bioavailability usually is considered to have a fairly wide range but i thought it's still lower than intranasal bioavailability. I was on Suboxone for two years and I found intranasal more effective. For me, intranasal felt about 1.25-1.5 times stronger than sublingual.

OP how long had it been since you took other opiates? If you weren't in withdrawal, it makes total sense. Doesn't matter if you snort or put it under your tongue.

Intranasal and sublingual are very similar- if you dissolve your SUB in a a ml of water of first, it increases absorption, and BA% can reach I think an easy 50#- otherwise snorting is is slightly better if done correctly

The main thing is a fairly rapid onset with intranasal and higher plasma levels-Boone will prefer it- so don’t chide the man/woman/Vulcan w:eek:ut thorough research into Tmax, Cmax, onset, and blah blah blah

Agree Sl is better, though it really needs to be dissolved prior to administration

Thanks Lorne. I probably preferred intranasal over sublingual simply because it kicked in quicker... I may have just thought it was stronger but really I don't know for sure.

I meant moreso it was silly in the same way snorting any pill is silly because of fillers/binders. I thought B/A was about the same. I should have said "intranasal has no benefit over sublingual". But hey if it works for you then by all means. I've never actually tried it myself.

As others have stated, bupe causes precipitated withdrawals in co-administration with opies. Next time research a drug before consuming it. Basic HR. This is very common knowledge regarding bupe, so this situation could've very easily been avoided had you bothered to even simply GLANCE at an information resource.
Your friend is wrong, it has nothing to do with your intranasal administration. And whomever told you (or the people you "heard of") that they dosed diacetylmorphine and buprenorphine together and got "fxxxxx up" were LYING. Lol this is just silly, the two are not a fun mix by any stretch. If you consider withdrawals a fun, fucked up, good time, then sure I guess....but most people do not, and I would not recommend it.

I apologize if I am speaking too bluntly or harshly, but this is just "DUH STUPID!" territory for me. The fact that people consume substances with which they have no knowledge of and are too lazy to be bothered to care for their own life, health, safety, and well-being by doing a little light reading is completely ridiculous and beyond absurd to my mind. Hopefully this experience will serve as a valuable lesson for you in the future- choose to learn from it. This could've been much worse. Good luck.

Regards,

-PA

As others have stated, bupe causes precipitated withdrawals in co-administration with opies. Next time research a drug before consuming it. Basic HR. This is very common knowledge regarding bupe, so this situation could've very easily been avoided had you bothered to even simply GLANCE at an information resource.
Your friend is wrong, it has nothing to do with your intranasal administration. And whomever told you (or the people you "heard of") that they dosed diacetylmorphine and buprenorphine together and got "fxxxxx up" were LYING. Lol this is just silly, the two are not a fun mix by any stretch. If you consider withdrawals a fun, fucked up, good time, then sure I guess....but most people do not, and I would not recommend it.

I apologize if I am speaking too bluntly or harshly, but this is just "DUH STUPID!" territory for me. The fact that people consume substances with which they have no knowledge of and are too lazy to be bothered to care for their own life, health, safety, and well-being by doing a little light reading is completely ridiculous and beyond absurd to my mind. Hopefully this experience will serve as a valuable lesson for you in the future- choose to learn from it. This could've been much worse. Good luck.

Regards,

-PA

Sadly it's not as commonly known as you might wish. I've had arguments right here on bluelight recently with people who swore over and over again that only the naloxone causes precipitated withdrawal and that his doctor said it so that's all the proof he needs. Me and a few others tried again and again to explain how binding affinity works and why it's wrong but nope. Doctors word always wins. They say it and reality bends to their belief.

At least bluelight is probably still more in the know that the doctors. Here on bluelight it's at least somewhat uncommon for people not to realize how it works. Among the doctors it seems uncommon that they do.

Yep, just a ploy to get a new patent from big pharma. The "Official" reason it's in there is the naloxone is supposed to make you sick if you shoot it.

Yep, just a ploy to get a new patent from big pharma. The "Official" reason it's in there is the naloxone is supposed to make you sick if you shoot it.

And ive long maintained that official reason makes no sense. Actually as I recall mentioning how I thought it made no sense is what started the aforementioned argument I had with the guy who insisted it's to prevent abuse.

I'll say again what I'm fairly sure I said at the time. I've never had anyone explain to me a genuine pharmacological reason for naloxone to be in subuxone at all who I felt actually comprehended the concept of binding affinity and why myself and others have said it doesn't seem to make any sense. Most of the time they seem to completely ignore the binding affinity issue (likely cause they have no idea what it is and don't want to admit it) and keep parroting that doctors and pharmaceutical companies know better.

I wouldn't normally wish opioid withdrawal on anyone. But I can't deny feeling a little satisfaction imagining such people getting burned. Not talking about the original poster of course. Just people who both repeatedly insist to other people who know a lot more than they do that they're right and we're wrong about something they clearly don't understand themselves.

As do i, which is why official was in quotes. As I said it's just more big pharma bullshit.

Heroin was originally marketed as a "non addictive" sub for morphine, then methadone the same for heroin.

Big pharma spews bullshit constantly.