• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Whats the "codeine" HIGH like?

I get zero pleasant feeling from codeine - anything over 25mg just gives me itching, nausea, and dysphoria. Horrible. Can't stand tramadol, heroin or oral morphine either, ugh.

Opium latex or oxycodone however, well that's a different story

It's an oral morphine high but more itchy, reserved to low-tolerance users.
I can't stand tramadol either, but I find it rare that you hate codeine, oral morphine and h while you like opium, wich contains both morph and codeine. Curious case.

It's an oral morphine high but more itchy, reserved to low-tolerance users.
I can't stand tramadol either, but I find it rare that you hate codeine, oral morphine and h while you like opium, wich contains both morph and codeine. Curious case.
Yeah others have said the same - it's my reality though 100%. I can tolerate low-dose oral morphine, but it's not in anyway pleasant for me

An obvious guess would be that the thebaine element in opium/oxy is transformative somehow for me, dunno

Who knows, maybe the presence of a lot of other alchaloids plus vegetal matter, oil, waxes... makes the codeine and morphine more tolerable to you, maybe like the presence of dozens of cannabinoids&other things in weed or hash make them tolerable to people who would refuse isolated THC, you know?, just a guess.

Who knows, maybe the presence of a lot of other alchaloids plus vegetal matter, oil, waxes... makes the codeine and morphine more tolerable to you, maybe like the presence of dozens of cannabinoids&other things in weed or hash make them tolerable to people who would refuse isolated THC, you know?, just a guess.
possible isn't it. Your analogy fits pretty well too as I do definitely much prefer a large cannabinoid profile in my cannabis as opposed to pure thc (which I find kinda sterile, lacking)

But yeah, who knows - truth is we're all quite different in how we experience things for massively complex reasons

There seems to be a lot of variability in how much people like Codeine. Might be different metabolizers, I dunno.
I'm low opioid tolerant. A dabbler working hard to keep it that way. I like Codeine. For low tolerant, milder high seeking me, I like it better than Hydrocodone. It's warmer and fuzzier and lasts longer.

A very mild opiate high that will not compare even slightly to stronger opiates like heroin. Slight euphoria, perhaps some itchiness, for me I may become more talkative and sociable, opioid receptors being tickled always makes the brain and body feel better bit codeine on its own usually benefits from potentiation, promethazine being the best for this imo. It is a pain in the ass doing the cold water extractions but there are plenty of sources for codeine tablets via those surface net sites that sell benzos and whatnot. But be careful as I did see a sample on wedinos.org of a codeine tablet containing xylazine (sorry if I spelt that wrong) - "tranq" as it is known in the US I believe. This might've just been a way of getting that stuff into the country to be used as a cut as apparently it has been seen.

In all, a mild opioid, recreational potential for people with no tolerance to or experience with opipids generally. It was the recreational value of codeine that led me to eventually seek out heroin though so be careful with it. On its own it is nothing to write home about and people do actually end up with habits and if you're going to end up with a habit, choose a more fun opioid to ruin your life with. The latter was not advice - it was a joke.

I've used codeine, no euphoria, just pain relief, constipation, dry mouth
Meh...

If u are good CYP2D6 metaboliser than Its like itchy, warm little morphine. Oh and if u add tramadol into mix, it works great.

Last edited:
I would say perhaps some euphoria but very prone to cause itchiness, next to unbareable at high doses, in many users
I never really got that from it. Dihydrocodeine (which is a slightly more recreational opioid) tends to make a person itch more. I think this is partially why certain antihistamines such as promethazine are used alongside the weaker opioids. They potentiate the actual high and help with the itchiness. Stronger opiates like heroin might make you itch but you'll be so high and happy that you'll likely not care. I mean this in the easly stages of use. Please don't develop a heroin habit as it isn't worth it. No high is worth the amount of BS you'll have to put up with as an addict and there are other, safer drugs. In a ideal world, if everyone could access safe, pharmaceutical grade h then I'd say go for it but we are far away from that world. If you want the basics of opioid then have a few tries on codeine but don't make a habit of it. It isn't worth it. No drug is worth getting addicted to in my opinion and experience.

Edit: dihydrocodeine has a shorter half life, a shorter high.. More potential for abuse and only a slightly better high than codeine imo so not worth it either.

I'd be very surprised if one gets addicted to codeine because of a high, dependent absolutely yes after even a month's use everyday. Codeine has no recreational value IMO, just slightly relieves pain, makes you sleepy and sluggish, even groggy, constipated even on the lowest dose, I never got this so called itching from it.

It's good to have in your meds cabinet for mediocre pain relief that's all

I'm currently taking 300mg/30mg acetaminophen/codeine at bedtime for chronic cough due to bronchitis. There is a very mild opiate high that I associate with mild pleasantness, warmth in the body, and relaxation. I also get a bit constipated from taking it. It's not stopping my fucking cough though. I have to combine it with DM cough syrup and an inhaler. I really don't like acetaminophen and wish they could've just given me straight up codeine instead, but I can't take NSAIDs so I guess it's either acetaminophen or prednisone, and the last one is waaaay more evil.

I think I'm one of the few people I've ever met who hates the high of opiates. I've experienced morphine, dilaudid, and oxy in my day... and I really hated all of them. It feels like a dirty euphoria that makes my skin crawl.

I loved codeine growing up. It was hydrocodone that did not work on me. In fact whenever I had a procedure done and given hydrocodone I would always say it didn't do much and can I have codeine. I mean hydrocodone is suppose to be stronger but for me I can not feel it except starting at 30 mgs where as codeine I could feel at 60 mgs.

With a low tolerance those Tylenol 4's, 60 mgs codeine each pill, you take two (120mgs) and are really buzzed. But yeah I never understood hydrocodone.