View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what's the best psilocybin strain?

ongos

Bluelighter
I am trying out tampanesis. I was told it is the mildest type of psilocybin. A couple spores being sold have some interesting names. are their names as interesting as their effects when eaten? 8(

names:

penis envy
reality benders
illusion weavers
creepers
shooting stars
golden teacher
god seekers
star gazer
northern lights
plantasia mystery

etc.

they are just different names for the same type of mushroom. they differ more in shape (and maybe speed of growth) rather than potency or anything else.

"that which we call rose, by any other name would smell as sweet". paraphrasing here but you may get the point :p

The species of mushroom are "psilocybes". There are no strains of psilocybin ;)

Ime the difference in strains of the same species isn't extreme. I've grown golden teachers and B+, and didn't really notice a difference in potency or ease of growing. I think it has more to do with technique than which strain you pick up.

However my experience is limited to these two strains, so I could be wrong.

the penis envy are supposedly 2 to 3 times as potent as the average cubes, and i have to say they are damn potent, not quite that much more though. id say 1.5 grams PE is like 2.5-3 grams regular. they really do look like penis's too. and they are also sterile.

the penis envy are supposedly 2 to 3 times as potent as the average cubes, and i have to say they are damn potent, not quite that much more though. id say 1.5 grams PE is like 2.5-3 grams regular. they really do look like penis's too. and they are also sterile.

and which is the "regular" kind you are talking about the B+? the golden teacher?
i still say its more about the tek than anything else. but to each his own

and which is the "regular" kind you are talking about the B+? the golden teacher?
i still say its more about the tek than anything else. but to each his own
well i get my shrooms off the black market, so i couldnt tell you the exact kind of plain cubes being sold, but when theyre penis envy you know. by look and by strength.

look, im just saying that a lot of these differences between strains are exaggerated, and should be taken with a grain of salt. its more marketing than any real differences, but still, i may be wrong. ime though, p cubensis are more or less the same, and B+ and columbian strains have both been magical and kind to me...

hmm yeah but why would the tampanesis be considered the mildest? there has to be differences in each "strain" of psilocybine mushrooms other than look and shape? Like marijuana has different strains (and I heard some are more potent that others, etc.)

look, im just saying that a lot of these differences between strains are exaggerated, and should be taken with a grain of salt. its more marketing than any real differences, but still, i may be wrong. ime though, p cubensis are more or less the same, and B+ and columbian strains have both been magical and kind to me...

tampanesis are truffles arent they? they are a good bit weaker than average psilocybe.

There are not only already many threads on mushroom strains, there is even one on the first page! You don't even need to use the fucking search engine to find it. (face-palm)

1260528522_itcrowd-facepalm.gif

Set and setting are going to have a bigger impact than strain. Even within a single strain, or even a single batch there tends to be quite a bit of variation in potency. That said, some strains will generally be stronger than others. This is more of a question of dose, set, and setting than anything else.

Last edited:
A cube is a cube is a cube...grow one that visually appeals to you or has a name that you like. When your cases flush, that's when you should take notice. First flush is always weakest. Still active but later flushes can be substantially more potent.

Wow, you guys don't know your mushrooms at all....

Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens would imho be the absolute most potent shroom. There are also several different to consider such as fly allergic and specific fruiting selectora strains that can be a pink floyd and a half. lol

Wow, you guys don't know your mushrooms at all....

Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens would imho be the absolute most potent shroom. There are also several different to consider such as fly allergic and specific fruiting selectora strains that can be a pink floyd and a half. lol

Fly Agaric is a completely different drug. It's better known as Amanita Muscaria. Not a traditional psychedelic, not a similar experience at all.

P. Cyanescens are the wavy caps, less common in the US since they're harder to grow commercially. C. Cyans are even less common, and are fairly potent but lose out to P. azurescens: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_azurescens . Cubes are the most common here, since they're reasonably potent and very easy to grow, Liberty caps grow naturally in many areas and get picked in decent quantities. There are a ton of other, less common psilocybin-containing species, most of which look more or less like either cyans or cubes (truffles being the most obvious exception).

anyone here know or have tried Galindoi? Is this the easiest spore to work with?

You want any strain of cubensis - they're all pretty much the same. B+, Golden teacher, columbian, Thai, mexican etc.

Agreed that strains of cubensis are essentially all the same - the alkaloidal content isn't different enough on average, especially when you factor in random variance anyway, to justify caring about one over the other IMO.

Other psilocybin mushrooms, however, are very worth pursuing, for instance p. azurascens is most definitely not the same as p. cubensis, having IIRC about 3x the average alkaloid content as cubensis.

I don't know what they were but I got some at a festival last summer that had white to very light yellow caps, which were pretty round and curved down over the stem. The stems were just regular size stems, nothing too big. Definitely not as big as some cubes I have seen.

But these shrooms were something special. After I ate a few my vision turned purple for a while, during the Thievery Corporation set actually. It was pretty wild. I didn't know if it was from combining them with molly though, and had brought some back with me. I was able to confirm the purple vision effect another night when I just ate them by themselves. Cubes or any other ones I have tried have never done anything this cool for me, so whatever they are I rank them as the best.

I am trying out tampanesis. I was told it is the mildest type of psilocybin. A couple spores being sold have some interesting names. are their names as interesting as their effects when eaten? 8(

names:

penis envy
reality benders
illusion weavers
creepers
shooting stars
golden teacher
god seekers
star gazer
northern lights
plantasia mystery

etc.

Wait, I am TOTALLY confused - these are just names invented by spore vendors, no? - there is definitely no connection to mycology here. And from what I've read in this thread, all of these ridiculous names refer to P.cubensis?!? If so, this is truly absurd.

As someone else said: A cube, is a cube, is a cube, is a...

I live in the south-east of Australia, so I just pick P.subaeruginosa in the wild in Autumn/Winter.

These names are just ridiculous.

It is commonly known that the most potent species are P.subaeruginosa, P.azurescens and P.cyanescens - all of which are wood-lovers (the most potent of these varieties is commonly debated amongst aficionados of the three).