View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! whats the best place to store an LSD blotter

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
Can I keep the blotter in a plastic like the ones used to store weed? Or the plastic can absorb the LSD from the paper? Should I choose an aluminum paper instead to store it?

thanks

Control for heat, light, oxygen and moisture. These can all degrade LSD. I would suggest using a vacuum sealer if it is a larger quantity and/or something that you plan on preserving for a long time. If you vacuum-seal it properly, it can last for many, many years. And vacuum sealers are good to have for many purposes and are quite cheap.

I always just wrap it in aluminum foil, put inside of a plastic bag, then put that into an airtight jar. Never had any loss in potency, and have stored as long as 3 years.

aluminum foil should be the best from light and 98% from oxygen
I always just wrap it in aluminum foil, put inside of a plastic bag, then put that into an airtight jar. Never had any loss in potency, and have stored as long as 3 years.
here that will do the trick and it seems that it's known throughout the globe

yea - vacuum sealed is the #1 answer - and then you can put it in an opaque container and put it in the fridge - that'll give you the most mileage

but you're good in plastic for sure - it won't absorb anything - just keep in mind that beyond a turkey bag / oven bag, or the bags you use for vacuum sealing, almost all plastic bags are slightly porous - so some air still gets in

ive wrapped them in plastic wrap and then put them in bags - works ok but the vacuum sealer is the definitely the ultimate way to go

Plastic bag inside a vitamin Jar in a dark cool drawer. I have had tabs last a year in potency with this.

I

Shit, I have some in a copy of “Of Human Bondage” that’s wrapped in foil and it’s been good for 8 years now.

This is adequate.
Light air and heat are the enemy, probably also moisture. So stick a desiccant bag in the jar. Will be good for years if it doesnt get too hot.

I have degraded plenty of L in my day

I only handle it with tweezers then wrap it in plain paper and then put it in a tiny airtight glass container (the kind thats used for essential oils) along with silica gel. The tiny jar gets sealed, wrapped in foil to keep light out, and then placed in a bigger ziploc bag with rice in it (again to absorb moisture). This goes in a locked safe in a deep freeze, with a cautionary note. When I open it I allow the sealed jar to come to room temperature before opening in order to avoid condensation moisture.

I expect it to keep for many decades like this.