• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

whats the best benzodiazepine to put me to sleep?

I have insomnia. Diagnosed as a teenager, though I didn't sleep well as a child. I was always too wound up and nervous to get into the mode that sleep would be possible. For me 30mg temazepam and .5mg xanax works. I have to follow a strict set of instructions though.

1. No screens or monitors for 1 hour before bed.
2. take medication at the same time every night.
3. get excercise during the day
4. practice deep breathing excercises everyday
You may just need to change your lifestyle in order to get your meds to work

on a side note. Anyone else get the dreams where they feel like they are awake and aware but paralysed? Your still in your bed, you just can't move and whjen you try to yell, all that comes out is a mumble......also there is something sinister that is coming for you that is terrifying you into trying to wake up....I hate those dreams, and if I have it once in a night, I have it over and over.....When I was on opiates i would be able to wake myself up (which was an amazing relief) but before I knew it I would be right back to paralyzed again! Ugh scary situations.

could my insomnia problems be because i smoke weed everyday?

and any other takers on suggestions for benzos?

I know I'll be trying temazepam next week. Sounds like a decent bet (compared to zolpidem (doesn't last long) and zopiclone (SHIT)

My psych suggested temazepam to me ..be nice too have a sleeping aid that actually helps me without swallowing the whole bottle in a day, UGH.

I know I'll be trying temazepam next week. Sounds like a decent bet (compared to zolpidem (doesn't last long) and zopiclone (SHIT)

My psych suggested temazepam to me ..be nice too have a sleeping aid that actually helps me without swallowing the whole bottle in a day, UGH.
im looking for the most sedating benzo

You won't get any withdrawals from that unless you have other serious(mental) problems.
I recently got off a scrip for 4mg/day for 30 days and that was that. No taper. No nothing. No problems sleeping afterwards. This was under care of an MD to quit drinking booze. Worked like a champ.
Nary a drop of any alcohol in 2 months. Easy aint it ? This was after a fifth plus, per day,every fuggin day, for.....YA Ready ? 41 years.
Went to the doc with chronic fatigue like symptoms.Tired 24/7 no matter how much sleep.
My liver ultrasound looked like a chicharon ! Like a Kardashian ascz ! Like Momma Junes third chin !
No fibrosis and no cirrhosis.
I quit in the nick of time. Ultrasound last week. Liver fat under 20%.Cholesterol from 348 to 190.Blood pressure normalized, Verapamil in trash can. Problem(s) solved.
It's all in your mind dummies. Just do it.

You won't get any withdrawals from that unless you have other serious(mental) problems.
I recently got off a scrip for 4mg/day for 30 days and that was that. No taper. No nothing. No problems sleeping afterwards. This was under care of an MD to quit drinking booze. Worked like a champ.
Nary a drop of any alcohol in 2 months. Easy aint it ? This was after a fifth plus, per day,every fuggin day, for.....YA Ready ? 41 years.
Went to the doc with chronic fatigue like symptoms.Tired 24/7 no matter how much sleep.
My liver ultrasound looked like a chicharon ! Like a Kardashian ascz ! Like Momma Junes third chin !
No fibrosis and no cirrhosis.
I quit in the nick of time. Ultrasound last week. Liver fat under 20%.Cholesterol from 348 to 190.Blood pressure normalized, Verapamil in trash can. Problem(s) solved.
It's all in your mind dummies. Just do it.
what does this have to do with anything?

As far as benzodiazepines go for sleep personally I'd say valium. As sleeping tabs go halcion is the strongest but that's way waay up there. Personaly I'd go for zolpi/dem/clone in the slow release tablets. I think their half life is about 7h so you will stay asleep so go for an xr tablet. Even xr xanax
My 2c anyway

I know you have tried both of these (mirtazapine, temazepam) but have you tried taking them together?

Honestly Alprazolam (Xanax) puts me into a dreamy state where I can't remember what happened when I was on it. Usually, most of the time, it makes me feel insanely heavy and puts me out for quite a few hours. My next runner up is Clonazepam, take more than 6-8mg and you can count on being out for the night without any recollection of the night when you wake up the next day.

on a side note. Anyone else get the dreams where they feel like they are awake and aware but paralysed? Your still in your bed, you just can't move and whjen you try to yell, all that comes out is a mumble......also there is something sinister that is coming for you that is terrifying you into trying to wake up....I hate those dreams, and if I have it once in a night, I have it over and over.....When I was on opiates i would be able to wake myself up (which was an amazing relief) but before I knew it I would be right back to paralyzed again! Ugh scary situations.

That's called sleep-paralysis. Your mind is kinda awake but your body still asleep (the paralysis prevents you from taking your movements in dreams in action).
Hallucinations are also quite common.

You can get yourself out of it by blinking a few times. There are also other methods. The problem is because of the panic most of the times you will not think about it.

Just google sleep-paralysis and you will find plenty of Information.

It will make you fall asleep for sure but you might wake up and again have problems falling asleep because of triazolams short half life.
Ergo only useful for sleep onset insomnia.