• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

whats the best benzodiazepine to put me to sleep?

bigmac155

Greenlighter
hi, i was wondering which benzo has the strongest sedating effects and which one lasts the longest. i have tried other medications already like ambien, trazodone, mirtazapine, temazepam, xanax, ativan. most people would say temazepam but it just really isnt working for me. i have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep after like 3 to 4 hours.

Doxylamine (OTC) is a better choice as it induces sleep by H1 antagonism and doesn't mess with GABA.

hmm temazepam didnt do anything?
how about a anti histamine? hydroxine or promethazine does wonders for me

Doxylamine (OTC) is a better choice as it induces sleep by H1 antagonism and doesn't mess with GABA.

If you are unable to get benzos in my opinion this is the best OTC remedy for the inability to sleep, I wont say insomnia because that is a different thing then simply wanting some help sleeping.

You would benefit from a benzo with a long half life usually valium is the one to go with in this situation. But it is always advisable to avoid long term use of any sleep aid as it is easy to start relying on them to fall asleep and that will only make the situation worse.

Have you seen a doctor about this or tried other routes such as exercise and maintaining an appropriate schedule? Advancing your quality of life takes a lot of effort so dont expect it to magically be cured with pills, you are going to need to change things in your life as well.

If you are unable to get benzos in my opinion this is the best OTC remedy for the inability to sleep, I wont say insomnia because that is a different thing then simply wanting some help sleeping.

You would benefit from a benzo with a long half life usually valium is the one to go with in this situation. But it is always advisable to avoid long term use of any sleep aid as it is easy to start relying on them to fall asleep and that will only make the situation worse.

Have you seen a doctor about this or tried other routes such as exercise and maintaining an appropriate schedule? Advancing your quality of life takes a lot of effort so dont expect it to magically be cured with pills, you are going to need to change things in your life as well.
yes ive been seeing my doctor about this. he is the one who has been putting me on thee trial periods with these different medications to see which one works best. thats why im asking you guys from experience which benzo out there is known for having its heavy sedating effects that i will feel.

yes ive been seeing my doctor about this. he is the one who has been putting me on thee trial periods with these different medications to see which one works best. thats why im asking you guys from experience which benzo out there is known for having its heavy sedating effects that i will feel.

Just making sure because plenty of us here think we can substitute for doctors so its always important to make sure someone is actually seeing a doctor about their issues :)

My vote would go to Valium as its long half life allows for it to keep you asleep for an extended period of time, 6-8 hours, which is good for sleep. It also produces more of a muscle relaxing effect across those who have compared a variety of benzos (this may be subjective reporting I have no first had experience nor the research to back it up) but the half life alone along with its relaxing effects make it great for sleeping.

Have you tried holistic remedies as well? Some people really benefit from melatonin or valerian root.

Doctors also are just humans.. it is a truly amazing achievement to have the internet available to interconnect all of us to discuss this stuff..
Just yesterday a regionally well-reputed doc said to me that I know more than him...

For the short term, zopiclone or zolpidem aren't that bad.. but if you respond to them, it will always be better to use a centrally acting antihistaminergic to induce sleep as they don't have the serious dependency issues as the GABAergics do.. they should be reserved for the severe anxiety and panic attacks..

Doctors also are just humans.. it is a truly amazing achievement to have the internet available to interconnect all of us to discuss this stuff..
Just yesterday a regionally well-reputed doc said to me that I know more than him...

You misunderstand because knowing facts is not knowing medical history. Sure we can all go "This and that is great" but suppose this person is deathly allergic to "this or that" and dies... because you are not a doctor and dont know everything (medical history) it is important to see doctors when you have issues if you want them resolved. We can come up with band aids and duct tape but fixing a life takes work, work beyond posting on message boards. That is my point.

Believe me I know a lot about a lot but i would never say my advise can replace that of a professional solely because i am not one and do not have the "rounded experience" they receive by dealing in these issues on a day to day basis. My advise is great for myself because i know me but if i want a real medical answer i would go see a doctor, after exhausting my means. One last thing... no one ever went "oh wow i managed to catch that cancer early by thinking my stomach problems were cured by the same stuff as (person you know)" This becomes important as you age.

Yes of course you're right.. the experience and knowledge a doctor has is a serious point.. I just wanted to say that docs are also humans and can be mislead too.. I've seen too many wrong treatments which led to serious side effects and impacts on the patient's lives..

flunitrazepam, flubromazolam, flunitrazolam/flualprazolam (custom synth there)

some things in common with strong hypnotics is nitro group at r7, fluoro group at r2', triazole ring

I would say xanax, but that's not something you would want to take everyday for sleep. Although, doctors will prescribe it for sleep.

Have you ever tried a sleep study, maybe that holds the keys to really fix this problem, rather than band aid it.

I also suffer from sleep problems. Trouble falling asleep, takes me about 1-2 hours to fall asleep. And trouble staying asleep, i wake up A LOT. I also suffer from hypnopompic hallucinations and hypnagognic hallucinations and nightmares.

To be honest, 3 mg of melatonin honestly helps me. But so does xanax, i don't take it for sleep though. I take it for panic attacks, but i always have a good nights sleep on the days I take it. .5mgs.

Have you ever tried melatonin?

The OP says that they already tried Xanax and that it didn't work for them

I don't know what to tell ya OP, temazepam is just about the strongest tranquilizer commonly prescribed today. I mean there are others like secobarbital and other barbiturates but they're not used much (at all)

Xanax helps me sleep like a baby.

But I'm also terrified of withdrawals so I eat them very rarely, on .5 right now bout to smoke some fire.

If it works, Fuck it.

xanax does knock me out, but i have a tolerance to it as i have to take 2 mg each time. does anyone suggest ativan or valium?

I don't have much experience with Valium but on the Ativan I found it took a lot to sedate me (at least 3mg). One trick that I've learned with benzos is to add a little Benadryl along with it. They seem to potentiate the sedative effect with each other.

combination of seroquel, diphenhydramine, and clonazolam (clonazolam is the benzo) and you will sleep a good 18 hours.