• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What's the best benzo for recovering from a Dexedrine binge

Rdocs

Bluelighter
Thursday I snorted 8mg non generic dilaudid and took 45mg Dexedrine than last night I did 60 mg Dexedrine and these crashes are killing me so In the future I'm gonna start taking a benzo everytime I crash the benzos I can get are Valium lyrica klonopin and restorall what's the best one for a heavy stim crash?

On a side note I was also wondering if it's a bad idea to drink after a dex binge will it mess with my serotonin reserves? Or my dopamine?

Ps I usually do a lot more and sometimes I do it 3 days in a row but for some weird reason this Time killed me the worst do you think it could be from the dilaudid?

Lyrica is not a benzodiazepine medication. My recommendation would be to taper your use of amphetamines by half every day until you no longer feel withdrawal. If you intend on using a benzodiazepine to assist with amphetamine withdrawal please don't become dependent on them. Benzodiazepine withdrawal will increase your chance seizure activity and death.

You can taper amphetamines as low as one quarter less per day if you're dependancy is severe. I.e: 20 mg to 15 to 10 to 5. Amphetamine withdrawal may increase your chance of developing depression, and anxiety.

My bad idk why I thought lyrica was a benzo but can you please tell me what the best benzo is please understand my frustration I really don't mean to be rude but I have asked the same question like 5 times can someone please tell me the best benzo for a heavy Dexedrine crash I don't do dex every day I do around 2 binges a month I just would like to know what the best benzo would be for a crash not withdrawal I'm not at that point and I never wish to be.

If by "Restorall" you mean "Restoril" (Temazepam) that would probably be the best choice as it is primarily sleep-inducing and doesn't have Valium/Klonopin's insanely long half-life.

My bad idk why I thought lyrica was a benzo but can you please tell me what the best benzo is please understand my frustration I really don't mean to be rude but I have asked the same question like 5 times can someone please tell me the best benzo for a heavy Dexedrine crash I don't do dex every day I do around 2 binges a month I just would like to know what the best benzo would be for a crash not withdrawal I'm not at that point and I never wish to be.

My apologies Rdocs,

As far as benzodiazepines go, you might find luck with lorazepam. It's a much cleaner variety than other benzo's, and 1mg of lorazepam (ativan) is equivalent to 0.5 mg of alprozalam (xanax). It will provide symptom relief from depression, and anxiety which amphetamine, and methamphetamine withdrawal are both notorious for.

You stand a less likely chance of blacking out on lorazepam than you would on alprozalam, although it is still very possible, as well as easy to do.

Ultimately my recommendation is to half or quarter your amphetamine use, and not involve benzodiazepines in an amphetamine taper.

Thank you guys so much again I apologize for my rudeness/inpatient behaviour I'm really not all there in the head I appreciate the input and I don't think I'm gonna fuck with any stims for maybe even a few months or forever idk I'm gonna talk to my doctor about it because although I'm not addicted I still feel a need to do drugs of some sort in order to be happy and I'm SO done with this roller-coaster ride of physical and emotional pain idk if you guys have read my other posts but I have gone through a lot and I fear I might have some depression from mental scaring thank you all for the blessed advice

Thank you guys so much again I apologize for my rudeness/inpatient behaviour I'm really not all there in the head I appreciate the input and I don't think I'm gonna fuck with any stims for maybe even a few months or forever idk I'm gonna talk to my doctor about it because although I'm not addicted I still feel a need to do drugs of some sort in order to be happy and I'm SO done with this roller-coaster ride of physical and emotional pain idk if you guys have read my other posts but I have gone through a lot and I fear I might have some depression from mental scaring thank you all for the blessed advice

You're fine. I would advise getting your heart checked as well as entering psychotherapy (behavioral health medecine) and working both with medicinal therapy as well as personal therapy to help alleviate symptoms of stress, or depression. Many doctors use medecine in conjuction with therapy to help their patients deal with a variety of mental health related problems. First and foremost you need not self-diagnose. Be open with your doctor and discuss substance use. They tend to find the right combination of medicine that will alleviate symptoms you're experiencing.

Best of luck to you.

Damn 60mgs of Dex?!?!

I've doing Dex for years but I never take more than 5mgs and even 2.5mgs gets me a nice high.

I'm surprised you don't have a stroke from that much.

All I know is that Klonopin helps me come down off Dex but with dosages like those I don't know.

Damn 60mgs of Dex?!?!

I've doing Dex for years but I never take more than 5mgs and even 2.5mgs gets me a nice high.

I'm surprised you don't have a stroke from that much.

All I know is that Klonopin helps me come down off Dex but with dosages like those I don't know.

How 5mg gets you high is beyond me but that's blessed your a very lucky person XD my very first time I did Dexedrine I did 30 mg's (2 pills) it was given to me by a buddy of mines mom XD I was tired af and I had to write an exam so she blessed me

How 5mg gets you high is beyond me but that's blessed your a very lucky person XD my very first time I did Dexedrine I did 30 mg's (2 pills) it was given to me by a buddy of mines mom XD I was tired af and I had to write an exam so she blessed me

Well either I have a naturally low tolerance or you have a naturally high one (or both) that you needed 30mg your first dose.

Usually all I need is 2.5mgs and I'm feeling pretty high, but that's also mixed with some coffee, and 5mgs I'm FLYING...but I also drink 6-8 cups of coffee a day and I find that it REALLY potentiates it.

Of course, my tolerance doesn't get any higher because I barely ever use it, so that's part of the reason it's still so low.

Seems like I pay for my low Dex tolerance with my high Kratom tolerance lol.

One I need very low doses and the other I need to eat a mountain of powder to get high lol.

People can recommend different benzo's six ways to Sunday, but the truth is that just about any will do. There are some outliers, for instance, If you're looking to function, you wouldn't want to pursue something like Triazolam (Halcion) as it will just put you down and wear off rather quickly.

The Restoril (Temazepam) is a great choce for settling down and getting some sleep, but the Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril) will give you a longer-acting and more stable effect. Recovering from a stimulant binge takes time in direct relation to the length of the binge. The choice is yours truly; use logic, evaluate your specific needs and what your body is telling you and medicate accordingly. I wouldn't consider benzodiazepine use in conjunction with stimulants or as an antidote for come-downs dangerous, as this is essentially SOP for over-stimulated patients in emergency care, but adverse reactioins are always possible.

I would highly advise against any use of alcohol during or after stimulant use. Amphetamine use inevitably dehydrates the body to a certain degree and alcohol will only exacerbate this problem; making you feel worse in the long run, although temporarily relieving you of some anxiety and discomcort, it's just not worth it.

I cannot speak with any certainty regarding the use of Pregabalin (Lyrica) for stimulant comedowns, but I can say that I've used it before for said purpose and have found it to be quite useful. If you have not tolerance to Pregabalin, maybe take 400mg PO and see how it makes you feel, you could possibly go higher if you notice no ill side-effects, but again, this is just spoken from experience.

Be safe when combining drugs like this. If you feel like something is seriously wrong, seek medical attention. There is no harm or shame in doing so. I hope you feel better.

I have a tolerance and abuse drugs, however, my favorite comedown benzo is a mix of 2mgs Clonazepam and 2mgs Xanax....My favorite all time comedown remedy is GHB....