• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what's pcp like?

Smoking Formaldehyde

I fucking hate that formaldehyde myth. There are so many people out there who still believe that PCP is in fact formaldehyde. I have argued with many people about this myth but they choose to remain ignorant. I always hear the same story, "My friends (or people that I know) used to go to the mortuary and steal the formaldehyde and extract the PCP from it and smoke it off a cigarette". It just angers me that people can be so naïve.

Re: Mad Chemist...

rachamim18 said:
Actually, in thinking of something to compare it to the description "like inhaling a half ounce of weed in one puff" seems to descibe it to a tee.

hmm...i wouldn't exactly know what that's like:\

I suppose it would be similar in the disorienting sense, but total dissociation and ego-dissolution are the other characteristics of dissociative intoxication; subjectively speaking, something I've never encountered with heavy marijuana use.

then again, cannabinoids are odd compounds to which many users attribute many kinds of altered states; they're pretty much in a class of their own

Re: PCP to me...

swybs said:
I used to be heavy into the PCP game--smoking a bundle (10 bags) of pcp ever day from Harlem (one of the best spots for PCP to originate back then...to give you an idea, a 10$ bag would travel to other states and resale for $30). Anyway, this is my saying for PCP: "PCP is what you thought at age 8, after all the antidrug propaghandi, the craziest drug would make you feel like"

This is what pcp can do to ya =D

i used to score my "wet" in North Philly; was my favorite drug, until my buddies from the 'burbs dropped acid in my mouth...then came 'shrooms....

mad_chemist, you like LSD and shrooms over PCP...what happened to you? I though that PCP was your favorite substance...or maybe I got the wrong impression.

it was; I may have mentioned it before...the dissociatives showed me the nothingness, while psychedelics showed me something. It's like seeing both sides of the coin, but I felt that I learned more, introspectively speaking, from psychedelics than dissociatives

that's not to say I didn't gain anything from them; K and PCP gave me many mystical experiences, and a greater comprehension of death and rebirth.

PCP is the only drug I actually had a pure NDE on (I overdosed and damn near died...woke up in a hospital bed), and really did peer into what was on the other side of the tunnel, while in an unconscious state. It was very humbling. I have a lot of respect for the dissociatives such as K and PCP

there's only one other compound that I respect as much (if not more), which gives both the insight of psychedelics and the death-state awareness ... DMT.

(though I've read a trip report of a DMT + K combo that sounds amazing, like the two go together harmoniously)

Last edited:
hmm i would think that mushrooms would give you a good comprhension of death and rebirth.

in anthony kiedis' autobiography and explains that "Sherms" are Sherman cigarettes dipped in PCP, but you might be right about the original brand name.

don't fucking get me started with all the myths I've heard today alone. i told someone that i got Salvia and he said "oh, that stuff sucks... you need to smoke like an 1/8th (of an ounce) of that to start feeling it" and i was like "an 1/8th of a gram dumbass." after fucking arguing about it he finally admitted he had no fucking idea what he was talking about, which most people do when you ask for them to site their sources.

then i was talking to this kid about acid and he said that 12 times your legal insane. which is a very common myth (not true of course) and I had to correct him that the myth is actually 7 times haha. turns out he thought that LSD and acid were 2 different things! 8)

WTF! i hate when people have NO clue what they are talking about and know they dont have any idea, but argue with you anyway! thats probably the thing that annoys me the most about people.

If only people knew the truth about every drug, the world would be a better place.

jorder1010 said:
If only people knew the truth about every drug, the world would be a better place.

If everyone was insane, that would be pretty fun too

This is my favorite Dissotiative ! for sure ..

I like it in medium dose , like to listen smooth techno-ambiant music , or listen peapole playing TAM-TAM outdoors .
Higher dose make me feel like watching the world in 10 frame seconds.

Someone asked about the different forms PCP might take : In Quebec, PCP is sold as "mescaline" (idiots) which actually is lactose mixed with PCP freebase, the mess heads as we call them snort the shit.

As for the effects of the drug on a person, it isn' t beautiful, most people i've seen getting addicted to that powder end up retarded or paranoid schizophrenic, but of course this doesn't apply to each and every single person i met that used pcp one time or the other.

Haven't you ever seen that episode of CSI where the girl is on the football field with another girl's boyfriend. Then the guy's girlfriend shows up, and while the couple is talking, the girl (not the guys girlfriend) takes a hit off a joint (with pcp in it) and flips out. She stabs the guys' girlfriend from behind, then starts eating the girls intestines while the boyfriend starts throwing up from watching this take place.
There was a very valuable lesson to be learned from this episode. At the end one of the csi's says "next time I start thinking drugs aren't dangerous just remind me of this" to one of the guys she works with.

This situation is very realistic. If you smoke pcp, even just a little bit that's put into some cannabis, you will flip out and start eating the intestines of another person. Hooray for tv shows with the most retarded anti-drug propaganda ever.

Sorry I don't have any first-hand experience on what pcp is like. I just thought this episode of CSI was absurd (and completely anti-drug to the point of being kinda funny).
Personally, after hearing friends talk about their experiences, I think it's one of the few substances I would never ever want to try. And that says a lot because I'm the type of person who's pretty much willing to try a lot of things at least once. I do know one guy who broke both his arms jumping off his garage because he thought he could fly after using some pcp for his first time. That and a few other stories were enough for me to want to stay away from it. :)

choking victim, ure saying u have an actual friend who broke both his arms trying to "fly" or it was one of the other "stories" you herd, cause it sounds almost as bad as the bullshit on csi that ure talking about earlier in the thread lol