• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Whats oral morphine like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HezzaD

Bluelighter
I'm only used to rectal morphine I have had oral morphine before and just remeber it chilling me out but as Im used to rectal morphine will I feel anything off oral.
Also would ranitidine and baking soda increase the bioavability of the morphine as I read can go up to 40percent where rectal is up to 71.
As I can't just dose once a day no more I get mild withdrawal within 12hours, Im thinking of doing 30mg and 30mg extended every 12hours would this stop me feeling shitty like I do when I take the MScontin whole because im used to 120mg instant.

Oral morphine is lackluster, with a very low bioavailability.

I've never tried that potentiation combination, so I can't speak on that.

I'm moving your thread to basic drug discussion. Other drugs is meant for advanced hr questions, that are not covered in bdd.

Waste of a really great opiate. Morphine is gold standard.

It's twice as strong plugged and three times as strong IVd. According to the opiate strength chart and from personal experience.

I'm just going to close this, as this is really more of an issue of subjective experience and I feel like our BL'ers have covered the important angles. Morphine didn't really hit its stride as a medical product until the development and popularization of the hypodermic syringe. Until that point, there was little practical reason to produce Morphine over simply ingesting an analogous amount of raw Opium. Being that Opium is organic, plant material, it's not safe to inject, although it's been done and is done to this day.

Just what we can glean from history implies that Morphine is nothing special if taken by the oral route. Don't get me wrong, for someone who is Opioid-naive, it will totally rock their world. However, if you've experienced Opioids previously, you'll probably be disappointed by the PO route. Why is rectal admnistration no longer an option? Also, please consider injection of MSContin-type products to be an act of utter desperation. It's not something you want to get involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.