• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's more addicting? Meth or Heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
using adderall does not compare to using ampthetmaines im sorry

...?

This thread is going to boil down to your personal preferences, use patterns, etc. Meth/amp is not addicting in the physical sense but is certainly habit forming. Opiates are both physically addicting and habit forming. Both are unwise to use regularly.

Well, I've never actually had meth (i'm sure i have though in an X pill before) but I did do alot of adderall and coke in my highschool senior days
amphetamines are not physically addicting at all, however after stopping daily use of amphetamine at about 100-150mg a day,
I did have what I would call withdrawal symptoms. (basically just extreme hunger/appetite, heavy fatigue, and insane head rushes that would make me pass out). I'd have to say there are effects similar to physical withdrawal, associated with amphetamines.

I sniffed some H for the first time last week, and to be quite honest, I don't know what the big deal is
I prefer Oxy over H tbh.

But with my said "knowledge" of both drugs, I'd say H is definitely more addictive
Since heroin is such a mellow, calming, and easy going drug it's easier to get into than "meth",
because amphetamine abuse takes a huge toll on your body, you can feel it in your bones after you come down

I refuse to use Heroin, no matter how tempting it is. I was addicted to Meth for about 3 years. I was able to give it up on my own with no more than about 4 days of nothing but sleep. Sure I think about it every once in awhile, but I think about the house we had, compared to the shit hole apartment we have now, the things we had, the job I had. You get the picture.
I do have an opiate addiction, that I aquired when I traded in the meth. If I "run out" of roxies, or norcos I don't just need sleep. I am SICK!!!! I will not use heroin due to the fact that I know how much I would love it (ok, I've tried it a few times, so I know better). I hate the sick feeling, when I run outta pills, why do something that makes that feeling 100x worse.

Well I have done both..got addicted to Heroin though. I mean they are two completely different but highly addictive drugs. It also depends on how you use though..like if you snort,smoke,or IV. I've heard more than once "It's not what you do , its how you do it." Soooo to smoke meth...or to IV heroin..I'd say Heroin is more addictive. Just depends on what ya into.

This is by no means the definitive answer or anything, but I believe that the rate of relapse is a bit higher with meth than it is with heroin. It's something phenomenal like 98%

So that might help to give you some idea...

Well I have done both..got addicted to Heroin though. I mean they are two completely different but highly addictive drugs. It also depends on how you use though..like if you snort,smoke,or IV. I've heard more than once "It's not what you do , its how you do it." Soooo to smoke meth...or to IV heroin..I'd say Heroin is more addictive. Just depends on what ya into.

In terms of getting one hooked faster and making a lasting first impression, ROA certainly makes a difference. I'm not so sure method matters that much in the long-term, though, once that honeymoon is over... People who love snorting or smoking heroin can have habits that last just as long as IV users, and the end-game IV addict who has lost all avenues will sometimes have to convert to snorting or smoking it unless they feel like risking an abscess every shot with an SC or IM injection. There's the difference of the rush with heroin, but ask most heroin addicts if they'd rather sit around shooting hydromorphone all day (much bigger rush, way shorter legs) or shoot H 3-4 times to stay high just as long and I think most would reach the conclusion that it's the lasting effects that make the habit, the rush just being the memorable cherry on top and the thing one looks forward to most while taking for granted the following 4-5 hours. IV users will read this (I'm one) and say "shooting it is much more likely to lead to a habit," but among those who find heroin's effects desirable, I would remind them the people who refuse to acknowledge their frequent snorting/smoking H as a habit of similar degrees in terms of psychological addiction are a sanctimonious lot who are often just as addicted but afraid of needles--either the stigma or the act itself ;)

With meth, there's also a lot of variance among preferred ROA among users who have tried all routes. A lot of people prefer the body high from eating or plugging it--it's more of a functional MDMA high, euphoria and empathy abounding. I prefer snorting it for whatever reason (snorting is usually the last way I'll do a drug), but love eating it and strongly dislike the high, and ritual, of smoking it. The duration-long effects from shooting it are less desirable to most users, besides the initial rush, because the dose has to be so enormous to give a significant rush. If you know how to smoke it and have a proper pipe, you can nearly reach that rush with a good vaped hit of glass, anyway.

Before I get too far off-track, you're right though, ultimately just depends on what you're into, method or drug. At the end of the day for a user who has used more than a couple times, while ROA can have an impact on how fast one is hooked and ritual can be a sexy factor especially in IV heroin or vaped meth users, it's about the generalized effects of each drug and if you love them or not. Not many addicts are going to say "fuck this shit, I'm going home" if they're not allowed to use their favorite method of ingestion anymore. Would I bother doing heroin if I had to snort or smoke it? No, but I don't love it enough. Although I no longer buy meth and therefore very rarely use (it's been several years), I love it enough to do it any way available.

Heroin is more addicting for me than amps, but I never tried meth. Heroin is more addicting because you can get nice and high but go about every day life. Work, eat, sleep. Amps fuck me up, like i cant sleep, my eating gets fucked.. i just cant maintain daily usage without getting striung da fuk outtt

heroin totally IMO as far as every day use. Way easier to function on use constantly

uhh it seems somebody is forgetting heroin hijacks the body's chemical systems when you do it too...
heroin causes feelings of pleasure via hijacking the endodgenous opioid system (isnt that how all opiates work?) and stimulating it, as oppposed to methamphetamine (and other amphetamine class drogz) which just cause neurotransmitter release en masse in ya brain...saying METH IS GONNA BE MOAR REINFORCING BECAUSE IT ACTS ON THE SYSTEMS OF THE BRAIN RESPONSIBLE FOR REWARDING ACTS OF SELF PRESERVATION is ridiculous, heroin is just as reinforcing, no?
and saying all meth addicts dont want to stop is insensitive and ignorant, and there's plenty of people addicted to heroin who just dont want to stop (just as there are iwth meth, cocaine, alcolol etc.)
the brain isn't dramatically changed, last i knew yo neurons will either shut down or downregulate with heavy use of amphetamine/methamphetamine, but the body can repair at least some of the damage done to the brain so long as the user abstains long term from using.

Amphetamines, when abused, destroy the pathways upon which they act over time thus leading to higher incidence of side effects vs. reward.

Eventually there comes a point where any sensible person would call it quits, because the high isn't worth the damage/price (i know right... sensible tweaker?).

Opiates are, on average, more addicting in the long term since the price for quitting (after a certain point) becomes ridiculously painful.

Personally I think heroin is more addictive, but that's only because of everything that comes along with it. Social circle ect.. I got 'clean' for a while, and despite having 2 jobs, just didn't know what to do with myself once the daily battle to score my brown had gone. Meth lasts for ages doesn't it? I'm not that knowledgable on the stuff to be fair.. it's just been something that was handy if we couldn't score any H. Having said that I think the w/d from meth last a whole lot longer than that of H..

i think meth by far. For many reasons. Most of all it changes you. Unlike herion which makes you weak and tired. Meth makes you fast, strong, and amazing. It carries you no matter how bad you get. Sure you loose your mind and body but unlike herion if you get a lot of it you might what sleep? Do it then sit there drooling. I think meth is way worse, way more addicting. and harder to quit in the sense its easy to get meth herion is harder. IMO

I think it really depends on what kind of person you are too. I was using meth way before I ever used opiates and at that time in my life even if heroin was around I was still much more a meth person. We used to party for days and get up to some crazy things on meth but I just got over it, I got sick of the harsh after-effects and developed really bad anxiety. Every time id have a shot of meth id instantly think I was having a heart attack yet id still use. I got addicted to something I hated so I moved on.... Now, every now and then ill have a few lines of meth but dont use IV and its quite controllable for me.

I started using opiates(oxy/heroin/morphine/fent) about 5 years after I first tried meth and was addicted pretty much instantly, at this time of my life I was suffering huge anxiety from the meth so using opiates and xanax seemed like a good idea. I used every day for the best part of those three years then went to rehab and got on methadone, now im on buprenorphine. I believe in the long run opiates are much more addictive, though in the short term I definitely think meth is more addictive, especially if your smoking it. I manage to use heroin IV maybe once every 2-3 months whereas I never IV speed/meth anymore, it ruins the experience for me, Im actually going to have a shot of H today. Now most of you are probably thinking "this guy is kidding himself" but I have managed to use H sparingly for the last few years and never slipped up. I also have never shared any injecting equipment and have neither hepc nor HIV so im not your average junkie and I do think I am in control, the only reason I know that though is because I know exactly what its like to feel out of control.

Both drugs can be used responsibly, both can be used irresponsibly. Unfortunately its a lot easier to use them irresponsibly than responsibly, if your using either opiates or meth please do what you can to stay safe.

I believe in the long run opiates are much more addictive, though in the short term I definitely think meth is more addictive, especially if your smoking it.

I agree. Heroin just lends itself to long term every day use more than meth and you feel so bad when you stop with it. But in the short term, meth is probably a more exciting drug.

Personally, I feel like I only experience heroin's best effects when Im already addicted to it. If I use when I don't have a habit, I get high but there is always some nausea/unpleasant stomach sensations along with the high. WHen I've been using every day though, I get no bad feelings like that at all, just euphoria.

It's dependent on the person and their lifestyle.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.