• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Whats going to happen?!

RippinItUp

Greenlighter
So about 2 months ago I came off Suboxone after being on it for a year + 4 years of methadone before that (prior to that was addicted to Oxy, fent, Hydromorph, etc). I successfully tapered off the Subs with the help of Kratom and Xanax but after getting off the Kratom I was having WD symptoms again. I put it off for two weeks, feeling like shit and no energy, but still went to work and everything and stayed clean. By the 3rd week I couldnt take it anymore, I just wanted a full nights sleep so stupidly I picked up some Fent. Of course, I ended up using it for about 10-11 days almost everyday (very small amount, but I was high) then I stopped CT.

I was off the fent for about a week and the WD's were just terrible (I was probably so close to the end of the WDs). On day 6-7 I ended up getting a weeks supply of Methadone. I took about 20-30mg of the Methadone everyday for 6 days. I've now been off the Methadone for 4 days and using Lyrica and Clonedine to help and so far its been pretty light, I know methadone has a long half life but Im hoping Im close to the half way point.

Since I was clean off everything for 2 weeks, then took the Fent for like 10 days, was clean for a week, followed by Methadone for 6 days, do you think my WDs will be very long / severe? I know it differs from person to person but just looking for a little insight.

Thanks BL!

You will have brought yourself down more gently, but unfortunately your methadone withdrawal may not have begun really.

Was the 20-30mg getting you high or just holding you? This will give you a good idea of your habit, as 30mg is a lot of methadone to jump off.

You may be okay as you have been tapering, but i would expect some discomfort, and try and taper lower. Lyrica is also a.godsend for opiate withdrawal.

You will have brought yourself down more gently, but unfortunately your methadone withdrawal may not have begun really.

Was the 20-30mg getting you high or just holding you? This will give you a good idea of your habit, as 30mg is a lot of methadone to jump off.

You may be okay as you have been tapering, but i would expect some discomfort, and try and taper lower. Lyrica is also a.godsend for opiate withdrawal.

The 20-30mg was deff getting me high, so my tolerance was pretty low for sure. And I know, helps the RLS so much!!

It will if your tolerance was real low. 6 days after a 2 week break....id get some loperemide and pregabalin just in case

Maybe xanax or diaz etc too, they all help with rls, as does, as I'm sure you know, hot baths, running, any exercise, apparently quinine (found in tonic water - skip the gin) and bananas. Oh and clonidine. Sex/mastubatin helps cos you likely WILL BE horny as fuck

Last edited:
I find that if you are mostly over the initial withdrawal and then suddenly relapse and use for a couple of days, the physical aspect of withdrawal is less severe but there's quite a bit of mental symptoms that return fully-particularly ahedonia. You can just tell your natural brain's feel good chemicals are totally shot. It recovers after like 3-4 days though, so more quickly than the initial withdrawal.

I highly suggest you don't use like this anymore. Not only because it brings back the withdrawal, but you might be playing with fire. You have no idea where your tolerance will be after a couple of days off, and you're dabbling in fairly strong opiates. Suboxone is one thing but methadone/fent are the stronger ones. It's very hard to discern how high your doses should be from one opioid to the next. Plus if you're going to relapse, you'll find it far more enjoyable to get past the withdrawal fully and then use again (with caution) so that the withdrawal is in the past and something you won't constantly be bringing back.

Repeatedly going in and out of withdrawals in a short period of time is no way to live. No bueno.

Last edited:
I find that if you are mostly over the initial withdrawal and then suddenly relapse and use for a couple of days, the physical aspect of withdrawal is less severe but there's quite a bit of mental symptoms that return fully-particularly ahedonia. You can just tell your natural brain's feel good chemicals are totally shot. It recovers after like 3-4 days though, so more quickly than the initial withdrawal.

I highly suggest you don't use like this anymore. Not only because it brings back the withdrawal, but you might be playing with fire. You have no idea where your tolerance will be after a couple of days off, and you're dabbling in fairly strong opiates. Suboxone is one thing but methadone/fent are the stronger ones. It's very hard to discern how high your doses should be from one opioid to the next. Plus if you're going to relapse, you'll find it far more enjoyable to get past the withdrawal fully and then use again (with caution) so that the withdrawal is in the past and something you won't constantly be bringing back.

Repeatedly going in and out of withdrawals in a short period of time is no way to live. No bueno.

Thanks for the reply, im planning on staying clean for good after this. Im on day 5 or 6 ( I cant quite remember lol) off of the Methadone and feeling pretty good. Just getting ready to go out for a hike to get a little exercise, Ive been laying on the couch for like 4 days haha. Your right on the mental aspect, Ive been feeling pretty depressed and unmotivated however the physical side of things isnt too bad, however I am taking Lyrica, Clonidine and Xanax, only in small amounts though.

Maybe xanax or diaz etc too, they all help with rls, as does, as I'm sure you know, hot baths, running, any exercise, apparently quinine (found in tonic water - skip the gin) and bananas. Oh and clonidine. Sex/mastubatin helps cos you likely WILL BE horny as fuck

I did acquire some Xanax, Lyrica (Pregabelin *sp), and Clonedine and they all seem to be working super well. I even have enough energy today to go for a walk. Im hoping im past the worst of it now! Im on day 5 or 6 so its hard to say.

The Lyrica is the best. Only use them and the xanax for when it's really tough. You may have gotten away with it, but if so yorra lucky SOB and don't do it again. Dumbass! (Sorry mate just want to drill it in)

The Lyrica is the best. Only use them and the xanax for when it's really tough. You may have gotten away with it, but if so yorra lucky SOB and don't do it again. Dumbass! (Sorry mate just want to drill it in)

No need to apologize my friend! haha I know I'm kicking myself in the ass already for slipping back after being clean 2 weeks ! Stupid it is lol

Thanks for the reply, im planning on staying clean for good after this. Im on day 5 or 6 ( I cant quite remember lol) off of the Methadone and feeling pretty good. Just getting ready to go out for a hike to get a little exercise, Ive been laying on the couch for like 4 days haha. Your right on the mental aspect, Ive been feeling pretty depressed and unmotivated however the physical side of things isnt too bad, however I am taking Lyrica, Clonidine and Xanax, only in small amounts though.

Look we've all been there. You want to get clean and sober because opiates lose their euphoria and positive charms, but then you realize how horrible you feel and it's a flat and grey miserable world. But you have to pick one--junkie for life or living in soberville. No one has proven to live the in between life yet lol. They easier lose control and start doing it everyday/multiple times daily or get sick of it and quit entirely.

It helps to realize the positive attributes of getting off opiates. More testosterone equals more energy and confidence. It's not fun being a man with virtually no sex drive when everyone expects us to be horny monsters. I had gotten so used to waking up with morning wood I totally forgot that even existed! You never have to worry about being sick again. That's the biggest difference. Whenever you try to get clean the thought of getting off opiates is synonymous with dying itself for whatever reasons. But after the storm is over you always realize you always end up being totally fine, and believe it or not life constantly on opiates is not that much different than being sober. This realization mainly comes from users who have developed obscene tolerance to opiates over a longer period of time because the effects at that point only make you feel sober (as people state time and time again).

When it comes to opiates everyone really only has one good year. After that year you better get the hell out. I'll let people find out why for themselves. But I'm pretty sure you'd agree with me and that's the reason you're trying to get off all that crap. Even if you stayed clean from opiates for an entire decade and relapsed the effects would be good for about a week or two, but then tolerance comes back faster than ever before and it's the same vicious cycle. Opiates are the only drugs that force you to constantly have them in your life to not feel like absolute garbage on so many levels. No other drug is as personally sinister and wants to be in your life at every given moment. It's just better to accept that they'll never be the same as they were year 1 and try to move on the best you can.

Also, relapse can be expected lets be real. Nobody quits opiates without relapsing unless they've completely lost access. The sheer willpower to just completely forego any relapsing I have yet to seen from any single person over ever heard of such a thing happening. At the end of the day though, we don't want you to die. Make sure that any given relapse you do not overestimate your tolerance. It will be substantially lowered--which is too often forgotten by users desperate to score a good high like the good ole days. Sometimes addiction is about survival. If things don't go so hot and you're constantly unable to quit I always recommend suboxone treatment or a methadone clinic. It's a long battle and most people do not succeed in reality and that's quite sad to me but realistic. Good luck though I do not mean any offense by saying any of this. It's just whenever I hear about someone trying to quite opiates I've seen them fall flat on their face time and time again. At a certain point you have to minimize damage, appreciate the good things in your life and pick the most helpful option. You're in a very risky time period for overdosing. Too many to note have overdosed during a relapse. I don't want to see that happen to you over a brief lack of judgement to simply gain some relief from the brutality of withdrawing.

Last edited:
Look we've all been there. You want to get clean and sober because opiates lose their euphoria and positive charms, but then you realize how horrible you feel and it's a flat and grey miserable world. But you have to pick one--junkie for life or living in soberville. No one has proven to live the in between life yet lol. They easier lose control and start doing it everyday/multiple times daily or get sick of it and quit entirely.

It helps to realize the positive attributes of getting off opiates. More testosterone equals more energy and confidence. It's not fun being a man with virtually no sex drive when everyone expects us to be horny monsters. I had gotten so used to waking up with morning wood I totally forgot that even existed! You never have to worry about being sick again. That's the biggest difference. Whenever you try to get clean the thought of getting off opiates is synonymous with dying itself for whatever reasons. But after the storm is over you always realize you always end up being totally fine, and believe it or not life constantly on opiates is not that much different than being sober. This realization mainly comes from users who have developed obscene tolerance to opiates over a longer period of time because the effects at that point only make you feel sober (as people state time and time again).

When it comes to opiates everyone really only has one good year. After that year you better get the hell out. I'll let people find out why for themselves. But I'm pretty sure you'd agree with me and that's the reason you're trying to get off all that crap. Even if you stayed clean from opiates for an entire decade and relapsed the effects would be good for about a week or two, but then tolerance comes back faster than ever before and it's the same vicious cycle. Opiates are the only drugs that force you to constantly have them in your life to not feel like absolute garbage on so many levels. No other drug is as personally sinister and wants to be in your life at every given moment. It's just better to accept that they'll never be the same as they were year 1 and try to move on the best you can.

Also, relapse can be expected lets be real. Nobody quits opiates without relapsing unless they've completely lost access. The sheer willpower to just completely forego any relapsing I have yet to seen from any single person over ever heard of such a thing happening. At the end of the day though, we don't want you to die. Make sure that any given relapse you do not overestimate your tolerance. It will be substantially lowered--which is too often forgotten by users desperate to score a good high like the good ole days. Sometimes addiction is about survival. If things don't go so hot and you're constantly unable to quit I always recommend suboxone treatment or a methadone clinic. It's a long battle and most people do not succeed in reality and that's quite sad to me but realistic. Good luck though I do not mean any offense by saying any of this. It's just whenever I hear about someone trying to quite opiates I've seen them fall flat on their face time and time again. At a certain point you have to minimize damage, appreciate the good things in your life and pick the most helpful option. You're in a very risky time period for overdosing. Too many to note have overdosed during a relapse. I don't want to see that happen to you over a brief lack of judgement to simply gain some relief from the brutality of withdrawing.

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to write this out. Reading this definitely helped me see the positive side to staying clean. Especially on the note of the testosterone levels. I just want my confidence back (and my sex drive of course lol). I'm on day 8 I believe off the week long stint of methadone (before that was using Fent, and was on Suboxone for a year + 4 years Methadone) I've tried to kick many many times before and have failed, I have succeeded once and stayed clean for over a year from opiates but I fell back in. I really think I'm going to make it this time. I've been trying to exercise a bit everyday (its hard af cause everything I do feels like im running a marathon) and have actually been socializing somewhat and staying busy. The Lyrica and Clonidine along with the odd Xanax definitely has helped with the RLS and anxiety. I still have like zero energy, and its hard to get motivated and stay positive. But i'm hoping that gets better in the coming days lol

You're doing all the right things! Good luck to you. It'll be over soon.