• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's after Vyvanse?

For me the whole concept of treating ADHD to be a combined effort. Because I have ADHD I'm required to approach life with a couple modified practices. Things such as making a list everyday for the things that are required of me, a daily routine, and even the way that I go about learning things. My point is that medications help you, whatever they are for. However they don't cure people. They assist in making it easier to cope or lessen the symptoms. Ultimately it's our own responsibility to take initiative and action towards a healthier life style. I have anxiety. There are methods I practice to cope with that anxiety. I no longer take medication for anxiety. I have insomnia. I practice sleep hygiene now. I find it much easier to fall asleep without medication. Although ADHD is chronic and those who choose to approach life with medication like me, it doesn't excuse me from my responsibility to do other things so that I can cope to the best of my ability. I find it discouraging when people use the word "feel". You're body takes time to adjust to the medication for anywhere to a day to two weeks. After a period of time the whole idea is that patients under treatment aren't supposed to "feel" Amphetamines anymore. In personalizing this, I shouldn't "need" vyvanse for wakefulness. I shouldn't "need" vyvanse for motivation. I shouldn't "need" vyvanse for sociability. When I take vyvanse the way it's intended and right for me, I find that equidistant between knowing exactly what it's for. In taking this approach my moods aren't polorized and consequently my emotions are very stable. I take vyvanse because it helps raise my dopamine levels to an appropriate level so that I can think more clearly, I can sit still more easily, and I can be happier with my life. I don't feel vyvanse anymore, but it still works. It does what it intended to. The goal is to take is to take a little medication as possible. Food for thought...

my friend finds 150 200mg the spot, and with a little downer its all good. he is a strong advocate for Vyvanse enough with messing our livers up already!

My friends Doc said "only one stim" so he upped my friend to 100mg, no boosters, but maybe a nice natural boost would do the trick Adrafinil? essspreso? vitamin d?