• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Whats a recreational dose for morphine sulfate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had morphine but would like to try it one day. I have a cousin that was in the hospital for back pain & they hooked him up to morphine drip & he told me it felt so good & heavenly, he could have died & would have been contempt & hes not a drug user at all. I know theres a big difference from liquid morphine & tablet form.

Until 3 days ago, I was taking 60 mg orally. Then I started plugging 'em. I used 60 mg the first time. About 3 hours ago, I plugged 75 mg....mmmmm....nice and fuzzy feelin' right about now.

Yes there is a big difference. MSContin isn't the best opioid to take orally and unfortunately sniffing it is almost half as powerful. And you can't IV MSContin without them gelling and clogging up your rig. So the effects are pretty subtle, especially being sustained release and all.

everyone is different so the dosages posted here should be taken as an approximate range only. i personally dosed 50mg followed by another 50mg half an hour later and didnt feel too much (no tolerance).

everyone is different so the dosages posted here should be taken as an approximate range only. i personally dosed 50mg followed by another 50mg half an hour later and didnt feel too much (no tolerance).

Yes, it is rather weak ain't it.

yeah orally. intravenously is another story though. make sure you use the proper filters and precautions, depending on what mix you're using.

I was just surprised that a combo of 60mg oral and 60mg rectal all crushed didnt hit me that hard. It was a French version of MSContin. Maybe they had some special time release but the powder was crushed very fine...it all mystifies me a bit. Especially I thought rectal bioavailability is about 66% of IV. Even if it was only 33% that of IV (i.e. equal to 20mg IV) I would have been hit quite hard...but somehow it jsut didnt. I checked the blister pack and it was just before the expiry....so bad storage might have also played a role in decreasing the potency of the gear.

Never had morphine but would like to try it one day. I have a cousin that was in the hospital for back pain & they hooked him up to morphine drip & he told me it felt so good & heavenly, he could have died & would have been contempt & hes not a drug user at all. I know theres a big difference from liquid morphine & tablet form.

Must be the case, based on my own experience and what i've read since....

I've only ever had liquid morphine (Roxanol 20mg/ml -- Ethex NDC #58177-886-01) and it rocked my world. With no tolerance, 20mg was really nice.. no pain, nice itch, analgesia etc. The third day into the binge, i dosed 50 or 60mg in the morning right before a church service and all during the service i just remember trying really hard to keep my eyes open and head up so i wouldn't nod out and drool on myself. I was fucked up to say the least

I haven't tried any of the more potent opiates, but even before that my first opiate was hydrocodone. I ate my way through roughly 30-40 7.5mg Vicodin over 2 weeks. Still, at the beginning i didn't even notice much till i did a CWE of 37.5mg (5 tablets). Then i was sort of high/wobbly, but nothing like morphine where i'd just lie there nodding in and out, drooling.. LOL

Seriously, ever since then i've wanted to get a hold of morphine again, but i've only had access to hydrocodone since then, which as i said does next to nothing for me (unless it's 45mg+ w/benzos or alcohol etc) so definitely isn't something i take unless it's free

Codeine and hydrocodone are like completely different drugs to me. Whereas morphine is like this warm blanket that wraps you up and tucks you in, codeine and hydrocodone are almost like a stimulant to me.. I get this kind of manic energy/restlessness and don't feel all that relaxed unless i add benzos or another downer to the mix.. I imagine OC and other codeine analogs to be similar so haven't sought them out

-G

I have been doing opioids/opiates for years, steadily every day, so I have a tolerance. I don't care what people say about morphine sulfate.. It does the trick for me intra-nasally. When you eat it, it goes thru first pass metabolism and thats what gives it a low bioavalibility. It doesn't go thru first-pass when you snort it up the nose. The other day I did 2 mg of suboxone cus I didn't have anything and was hurting. I waited 25 hours and took 47 mg of hydrocodone. I was feeling pretty good. 4 hours after that I sniffed a 30 mg IR morph. It was feeling nice to say the least. A few hours later I sniffed another IR 30, and was officially there. The rest of that day and night I had that heavy, opiate feeling. I had the heavy, warm head feeling, the body forcefield feeling, the heavy eyes, itching (which I love). I was sinking into my couch, never felt more comfortable, feeling out of it but focused at the same time. And I usually do the hard stuff (opana, dilaudid, fentanyl, oxycodone). People slag morphine, but I think its great when insufflated. It doesn't go thru first pass that way.

Not gonna lie, with a moderate Hydrocodone tolerance, 15 mg MS Contin FUCKED me up. It all depends on you.

a steady user of tramadol / hydrocodone / oxycodone here - can build up tolerance pretty fast on all those fronts, too. am in fact w/d from tramadol right now.

i've only done morphine a handful of times - and i've had it iv in the hospital before.

taking the rec. dosage, which is 5-10mg. doesn't really make me feel less shitty for not taking my usual business.

i see a lot of people say they feel 60mg, etc are good doses.

ok, question: now, what is the *sweet spot* that gets you just fucked enough where you can still function? lol. i'm mighty antsy here, and i'm reading to stop shitting and sweating.

like, let's say my favorite place to be is four ultram and two 10mg hydros or oxys (and two fat energy drinks). what's a good equivalent with this stuff?

I'd say 20 to 30 mg if you're new into Morphine, but as some say take some coffee or soda because it's to sedative and hypnotic. :D

Morphine is the golden-standard by which all opioids are held up to, especially for analgesic properties.

I love morphine, especially via IV ROA.

IMO: Fairly potent opioid, very effective analgesic properties for pain management, famous "pins n' needles" rush via IV, highly euphoric for myself and those that are connoiseur's of opioids, long duration which also happens to include a long duration in sedative, euphoriant properties than send an IV heroin user such as myself into an itchy, nod.

So good, the histamine release is welcome! Well maybe a little promethazine or DPH to help out if I have to go out in public

Ask tentram about morphine, he's an expert

I'm closing this since it's an old thread. Please send me a PM if you need it reopened for any reason, or feel free to start your own thread.

Welcome to Bluelight Kool Wolff.

Status
Not open for further replies.