• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Whats a good strain for general pain relief?

I need some bud that has some pain relieving properties. Give me specifics if you can, I'm looking for back pain reducing strains (but I don't know any) or any general strain or hybrid that can make pain go away for at least a few hours
I haven’t read all replies, but yeah get as heavy Indica as you can. Indica concentrate. Indica edible, etc.

Marijuana pain relief is weird in that, some people find it relieves pain in a Tylenol, anti-inflammatory way, and some people find the distraction and change of headspace as the form of pain relief (I think).

I find sometimes a negative overall initial histamine reaction to it, but I don’t think I’ve ever not felt relief in the hours afterwards. But I have had some concentrate strains that I felt reduced overall inflammation and was awesome for sleeping. I wish I knew what it was called…Good luck!

Veranos version of gelato is hands down the best strain I can think of for pain and it's just amazing weed In general smells like rotten cheese and gas 2 hits and your done

Northern lights is also a great one for pain. A local company here also had a strain crossing northern lights and haze that was amazing for pain.

In my experience, blue dream, was my major choice for pain.
Though I've noticed more of the higher 2:1 CBD:THC strains work better though, than the higher THC strains.
as someone has before mentioned, cannabis varies in treatment of pain amongst indviduals, and some increase it.

I used it for my back pain, but would try it out for migraine/headaches, and it made my headaches about 10x worse.

I don't know if is a viable option, have you tried topicals? i have seen how cancer patients taking a lot of opiates only relief some pains with a cannabis balms ( 1%CBD+0.5%THC + Essential oils, Oil based balm, emulsions seems to work a little worst idk why).
The effect can go from 4-8Hours depending of the pain.
If you are going to smoke ,AlanaaBanana hit the spot, you have to look for different cannabinoids formulas,high in CBD and minors , not only THC, some terpenes can be useful too.

i to have back pain aka scoliosis had surgery a few years ago /the main reason i smoke weed is to help me sleep because somtimes i get bad back pain that keeps me awake and im not a fan of opiets.

also i get stoach pain alot due to my ibs and also weed helps with the depression acciosiated with cronic pain. the only time iv felt direct pain releife in my back from weed was sume high indica strain -it was a numness uplifting feeling i think they called it purple kush or snow...or m26?..sumthing i cant remember. but overall just the smoking part kinda nigates the back pain relife cause wen u choke and cough the mussilse in ur back contract thus cuasing irritation leading to more back pain. best bet is to eat it like butter weed that nocked the pain out for a entire 24 hours

Lol me before pills