• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Whats a good strain for general pain relief?

Ninjetic

Bluelighter
I need some bud that has some pain relieving properties. Give me specifics if you can, I'm looking for back pain reducing strains (but I don't know any) or any general strain or hybrid that can make pain go away for at least a few hours

I've had cronic back pain for 10 years and I've tried to relieve it with cannabis. But, to tell you the truth, cannabis alone really doesn't help my pain much. I have found that it does seem to potentiate the other pain meds that I take. my pain meds and cannabis work together better than either one does by itself. I've tried both sativas and indicas and hybrids thereof. Maybe, since everyone is different, you'll find one that works for you. I would think that a good indica or an indica dominate hybrid would be better than a sativa or sativa dominate hybrid.
good luck to you

.......papa

I treat my back and neck pain with cannabis. I've seen a chiropractor in the past but I don't like pills so I haven't tried any. My favorite strains are for back pain are white widow, sour diesel, and northern lights. I think the widow and sour d might be sativa dominate hybrids, northern lights is about 90% indica I think. Mostly I look for exceptionally strong highs. In my experience the growth environment of the plant, and the personal preferences and biochemistry of the user have more to do with the results from any particular strain than the indica/sativa content. I've had supposed 100% indica that gave me visuals and supposed 100% sativa that kocked me out. Try to sample as many different strains as you can to find out what works for you.

ive heard great htings about Green Crack. I guess is doesn't induce coughing as much too.

Ive only used weed as a pain relief a few times. But in those circumstances and just through general thought about it id have to say a strong indica strain. Somthing youd take to make you sleepy and chilled to relax.

California orange or some homegrown indica...

its weird I dont find weed to be a good pain reliever for me. it just seem magnified the pain in some way

makes me concentrate on the pain more unless there is an opiate involved imo ^

i to have back pain aka scoliosis had surgery a few years ago /the main reason i smoke weed is to help me sleep because somtimes i get bad back pain that keeps me awake and im not a fan of opiets.

also i get stoach pain alot due to my ibs and also weed helps with the depression acciosiated with cronic pain. the only time iv felt direct pain releife in my back from weed was sume high indica strain -it was a numness uplifting feeling i think they called it purple kush or snow...or m26?..sumthing i cant remember. but overall just the smoking part kinda nigates the back pain relife cause wen u choke and cough the mussilse in ur back contract thus cuasing irritation leading to more back pain. best bet is to eat it like butter weed that nocked the pain out for a entire 24 hours

Tried Hindu Kush last night. It was probably the best back pain relief strain I have found. One hit and my back pain was gone before I even felt high. This one is a pure indica, but it is different from other indicas I have had before. So hashy I thought the whole nug was going to melt. Definately one to keep in mind.

i had leg pain, and smoked some purple thai. next thing i know it was gone. but really a lot of cannabis will help not just one strain.

... cannabis alone really doesn't help my pain much. I have found that it does seem to potentiate the other pain meds that I take. my pain meds and cannabis work together better than either one does by itself...
.......papa

I totally agree with you Papa...a total 100%. Its better both together than each alone. Marijuana seems to potenate the pain meds alot...
I use to do heroin back in the day, and sniffin dope was good. But when i smoked while i was doped up, it made the heroin much ,much more stronger. Its eventally got to the point that i had to smoke and do D at the same time..

If u have pain problems and are on pain med....graipfruit juice is a good potentater for pain meds too8)

really? i thought that was just for DXM..

thanks actinuhfool420, i will put that new information to use :)

Ive heard white widow and alaskan thunderfuck are great for back pain

i to have back pain aka scoliosis had surgery a few years ago /the main reason i smoke weed is to help me sleep because somtimes i get bad back pain that keeps me awake and im not a fan of opiets.

also i get stoach pain alot due to my ibs and also weed helps with the depression acciosiated with cronic pain. the only time iv felt direct pain releife in my back from weed was sume high indica strain -it was a numness uplifting feeling i think they called it purple kush or snow...or m26?..sumthing i cant remember. but overall just the smoking part kinda nigates the back pain relife cause wen u choke and cough the mussilse in ur back contract thus cuasing irritation leading to more back pain. best bet is to eat it like butter weed that nocked the pain out for a entire 24 hours
Aww it's me before I got into pills

Pot helps my back pain moderately when it's flaring up. You have to remember to still do your exercises, or it can make you seize up more after a few days.
Inactivity is bad for your back.

Now, for my neck pain, which is way more chronic, it's FM (fucking magic). A couple hits and the pain just flows out of me and I'm loose enough to easily do stretches effectively which normally elude me. If I don't stretch, it doesn't get worse, it just comes back more quickly when I stop smoking.

So, YMMV as to back pain and types of pain. Pot works better on some pain than others.
Still pretty good for back pain, though. Beats any non-opiate.

Indica, of course. Or a high CBD stain.
However, a Sativa can be quite useful for doing stretches and exercises. Keeps you focused on them for an extended time and you still get that wonderful "getting in touch with your body" feeling which can be damn useful when relaxing spasms and pain.

something in the chem/diesel family

like chemdawg, skunkva chem91, stardawg, sour bobby, onycd, etc. etc.

by far

White widow is pretty good for pain relief i find. So are white rhino and northern lights.

in some ppl thc increases pain overall r/chronicpain on reddit attests to this.

My experience is weed only works once or twice if I haven’t used it in weeks on pain…then a vicious rebound happens where thc or any other cannabinoid increases pain all the time using it.

It’s not the way opiates increase pain either via hyperalgesia…like the increased pain is while peaking on weed not when it wears off

My experience with back pain and any other type of pain and weed

I love weed as a drug but the only thing that has ever got me to stop using it for extended periods is chronic pain

Last edited: