• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's a good amount of Klonopin?

LaBlueEyes

Bluelighter
This is my first day weed free and it has been an extra shitty day. Not to mention my bf is acting like a 12 year old. Ugh!!! I'd like to not feel anything.

Background info- I was on 3 mgs of Xanax daily for 10+ years. Currently on 3mgs of Klonopin a day now.

Personally I've found clonazepam to only be useful in alleviating anxiety. It is in the same class as Xanax but IMO has no significant recreational value due to its long acting mechanism. I've taken massive doses and not achieved euphoria, just relief of anxiety and panic attacks and improved sleep. The same benefits were seen in the typical clinical doses so in retrospect my massive doses were wasted pills. There's always alcohol but at levels that helped me made me do stupid stuff and feel like a train wreck the next day. Resolve your bad day with positive things-go treat yourself to a massage or dinner out or as silly as it sounds volunteer at the local animal shelter or something. I've found when my mind is the issue and my body is capable that I just need to "go out of my mind" by getting into other things. Go on an adventure. Take a hot air balloon ride. Check off something on your bucket list. I know you're hoping for medicinal therapy but as great as it seems to solve emotions with drugs and as efficiently as some seem to do that there is also a chernoble kinda fallout by drowning feelings that way. Also look up PAWS. It is post acute withdrawal syndrome and describes in detail the rollercoaster ride of detoxing and shitty days are way typical. Take quality time for yourself until the time window passes and you stabilize emotionally. Usually the first couple days to two weeks are worst depending on your drug history. Hang in there it'll get better soon!