Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What would you have done?

goodvibes

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelight,

So this last weekend I went to a rave and was faced with a sort of dilemma.

There was this guy who couldn't speak. I'm just assuming that he was just that high, that he was incapable of words. All he would do was make the hand gesture for a drink of water (thumb and pinky out). He just sat there wide eyed, walking in circles, trying to get ppl to give him water, making facial expressions of desperation. Of course I gave him some, which he just used to take more drugs. I assume it was supossed to be MDMA. So after that, he just continuously made that same gesture and everytime he would get water, he would take more drugs. In the span of 15 or so minutes I saw him take 3 points and swallow a rock.
He then asked the girl dancing next to me for some water. She agreed. This time I snatched the water bottle mid drink and told him no. Unfortunately, he got enough water to yet again take more. I tried to ask him how much he took and he just looked at me with a blank stare. After that, my group went outside for a smoke and I never saw him again.

What would you guys have done in this situation? I couldn't just let this guy continuously take more and more, but again I'm not this kids dad. It's scary that obviously this guy does not care about HR and his product is most likely not MDMA if you need to take that much. People like that piss me off!

Yeah, I would have probably done the same thing. Or if I was worried enough, I hate to say it but I'd turn him over to medical help or security on site. People being wrecklessly retarded like that are the people who give raves and festivals a bad name. And no one wants to see someone dying on the dancefloor. A sight like that could completely kill another persons entire experience at a rave/festival. My lady hated raves when we got together, because of some bad things that went down at a rave (a friend of someone in her group stabbed and killed a kid for shorting him 2 pills). Ruined her and many others experiences with raves. One idiots dumb choice can traumatize many more.

Last edited:
I was really close to getting the medical people to help him because he was unresponsive basically, but decided against it

I feel you there, I saw 2 people seize in the span of 20 minutes at ONE DJ's set at a festival. Then walking to another set, saw another person . Kind of scared the crap out of me

Yeah, I would have probably done the same thing. Or if I was worried enough, I hate to say it but I'd turn him over to medical help or security on site. People being wrecklessly retarded like that are the people who give raves and festivals a bad name. And no one wants to see someone dying on the dancefloor. A sight like that could completely kill another persons entire experience at a rave/festival. My lady hated raves when we got together, because of some bad things that went down at a rave (a friend of someone in her group stabbed and killed a kid for shorting him 2 pills). Ruined her and many others experiences with raves. One idiots dumb choice can traumatize many more.

This. Get the attention of the medical staff, that's what they're there for. This poor soul probably didn't even realize what he was doing. Probably was stuck in some kind of thought-loop that went like "Time to take my dose, took it, I'm thirsty, I need water, oh shit its time to take my dose, took it, thirsty, need water, oh shit its time to take my dose, etc..". These kind of people need help immediately and are most likely dangerously close to death.

I'm guessing he had speed or some RC thinking it was molly, had way too much trying to force the roll, and ended up in some sort of psychosis state, and his brain was stuck on this unconscious, compulsive, fiending thought loop. These are the kind of situations that lead to face-eating....not trying to be funny.

Yeah I agree. I would first see if he is so out of it that he would voluntarily follow me to first aid. If not I would have a friend hold him there by just distracting him and get medical attention ASAP. I would tell my friend not to try to restrain him though in case he goes crazy, the safety of my friend is more important

maybe i would've handed him some xanax telling him it was a pill to calm him down a bit, but this is not entirely safe because you don't know what he took and benzos are dangerous with other CNS depressants.
if i saw someone in that situation i'd probably ask him if he needs help and i'd give them a benzo to calm down if i had some, but i have to know what he took first to Avoid an even worse situation.

sorry above poster, but feeding him benzos seems like one of the worst possible ideas in that situation
ideally there is a medical team on site and you tell them. security in a lot of places (at least, in melbourne where I am) would liable to just kick him straight out and that's it

actually looking back i agree i wouldn't do it in the OP's situation bevause it'd easily make things even more confusing for the kid.
it depends on the situation really.
(also with "some" i meant like a 0.25. obviously i wouldn't give him many mg also because i'd keep it for myself :p)

Last edited:
I always have a camel pack at festivals and it is scary seeing SUPER fucked up teenagers stumble over and beg me for water. I never say no but I am not going to a festival to be someone's dad. If someone is in immediate distress I'd help grab the medics but besides that I don't want to ruin someone else's vibe by scolding them nor ruin my own vibe by babysitting some idiot I don't know.

It's a completely different situation with my friends. Buddy system. I always make sure everyone has enough water or are properly dosing themselves. I have seen first hand people too fucked up to remember they popped all their shit.

If I were the OP, I woulda been in a lovey Dovey super me state... Woulda given him a drink 1st time and then gone to medics ect... 'With all the love in the world... See that guy over there? He seems completely fucked up'

yeah i'd just find a medic / security / staff so someone can radio for help

man what a retard though

ambulance/medic/.....

wouldn't give him benzos because that would just make it easier to pin something on me + he'll get them from the medical staff anyway