• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What would you do in this situation, and why?

lightblue543

Bluelighter
Lets say you are a grown adult past the age of 20, who can make your own decisions, and you (swim?) lived with your parents. You had weed or some other relatively safe substance in your possession, your parents disproved of that and confiscated it, even though you had bought it with your own hard earned money.

Would you say this is infantalizing and the parents are being unreasonable, like trying to restrict your freedom? Keeping in mind the person in question is well knowledgeable about drugs and knows about responsible drug use?
Or would you say you have to abide by what they say in their house (even despite what I said before)?

Guess everyone's got an opinion on this so it's gonna be interesting.

As a parent I would say you have to abide by the rules of the house . If you don’t like the rules then move out . As a parent I personally would not have a problem with weed but just would not want it smoked inside .

Umm...it's their house. They are in no way restricting your freedom, they are not saying you may not use or own marijuana, they're saying that you may not use or own marijuana IN THEIR HOUSE.
If anything in this scenario is infantalizing, it's that a "grown adult past the age of twenty" is still living at home.

Grow up, get your own place, keep the bong on the coffee table- or stay in your parent's place, and follow their rules. Your call.

As a parent I would say you have to abide by the rules of the house . If you don’t like the rules then move out . As a parent I personally would not have a problem with weed but just would not want it smoked inside .
Interesting, but in this case swim's parents are anti-drug all together... hypothetically of course. guess it depends on how educated the parents are about substance use, ain't nothing wrong with a little buzz am I right? I mean this is Bluelight. Anyway, thanks for your response.

Dunno, if your lifestyle choices clash with the idea your parents have of what behaviour their child should exhibit and you've got an income to support you and you're above 20 it might be time to get your own place.

Think yourself lucky I'm not your Dad. I wouldn't have confiscated it, I'd have smoked the fuckin lot... :LOL:

???

And bro, we no longer SWIM here. If your parents found your weed, count it a blessing they didn't find more than they did. Whomever pays the bills chooses what they want in their home my man. When I was younger I had a gun under my pillow and got my ass beat bad. Pops broke my nose and jaw for it. Never again did I bring that shit around my family. Obviously not the same but same idea here.

If you are going to smoke against their wishes, you are an adult and have the right to do so. If it is legal where you live and you have cause to do so, get a Medical Marijuana card. Either way, find a better hiding spot if you cannot keep it elsewhere. If we are talking top shelf and that gasoline smell than you need to invest in some Mason jars or smell-proof bags. Doob tubes are great for pre-rolleds. Just keep it away from your family and you will be fine.

Interesting, but in this case swim's parents are anti-drug all together... hypothetically of course. guess it depends on how educated the parents are about substance use, ain't nothing wrong with a little buzz am I right? I mean this is Bluelight. Anyway, thanks for your response.
Yeah this is BL, not your parents house buddy. If you live under their roof, then you should follow their rules. It doesnt matter how old you are, you're the same kid that they had to take care of when you were too young to move out. Now your a grown adult and still live with them so you should follow their rules EVEN MORE because they can kick you out and not blink an eye. We dont care about a buzz but they do, and you dont live on a website do you?

yawn, so far from rentals its RIDICULOUS lol
but better to abide by their rules

If you are in their house, you should respect their wishes. Parents usually love their kids and all the reason and logic goes out of the window when such strong emotions are present. Why not keep it out of the house? I'm sure that you can find a place to keep your stuff safe. Believe me, even if you are a sensible user, it's not worth ruining your relationship with your parents.

How hard is it to hide pot

Your parents probably smoked it

I thought it was easy when I was a teenager. My mom has the nose of a bloodhound. One night she smelled something funny in my room, found my stash of weed and pills tucked in a small box hidden in the closet, 2 days later I'm on my way to f***ing rehab hahaha. It can be pretty hard to hide weed or any drug really if they assume you're using already and decide they want go investigate. My mom didnt smoke, she smoked once or twice in her life in total, but my father was a heavy crack and cocaine user so she knew what to look out for.

Most all parents are like that OP. No way around it. My folks used to be right pricks to me until I moved out. Now I can mention drug use in passing and it doesn't bother them at all, because my wife and I are self-sufficient and have our own place.

The only way to escape the tyranny of parents is to leave home. Sorry, I know that's not what you wana hear, but it's the hard truth.

Maybe try finding a roommate? You only need like $10/hr full time to afford half of rent where I live, but it may be different where you are.

Why would it matter if the person in question was knowledgeable about drugs or not?
There house, there rules i'm afraid
Even though weed smells awesome to us you have to remember to the average non cannabis smoker, it fucking stinks, its such an obnoxious smell, your mum doesn't care how dank you Blue Dream is she just doesn't wanna live in a fucking drug den
Also theres a respect issue involved, if they've asked you not to bring drugs into their house, Then don't bring drugs into the house.
I think you need to some them more respect

^Lol my wife has grown to love the smell of cannabis now, but mostly because it reminds her of me I think, as she's never smoked before.

I learned this the hard way. It is their house their rules. I dont know what was wrong with me... I didnt respect them just thought of this as I read other comments.... Whatever is in their house even if it is your own property, the fact is that it is still in their house lol, so when it comes down to it... Unless you can prove that its your house or that your renting or something then you cant do jack... My dad would toss my room all the time.. Each time the disappointment made me feel bad... My dads a dick he would steal my foil when I was doing heroin and meth. He would legit steal it. Lol this mother fucker. Then they stopped keeping foil in the house. I'd constantly be having to get more. Or people would be like wtf why does he take your foil.. There is no lock on my door... My parents burst in and come in when ever the fuck they wanted. They constantly were checking up on me. Then when I slept they would take my shit.. My mom's walked in on me shooting up a few times.. Its like the saying goes. If your trying to find some thing be prepared for when you find it because it might not be what you expected or it was so obvious you feel stupid as fuck after. Eventually at 16 years old my dad was buying me weed when he was totally against it. He warned me when I was way younger if he ever caught me doing drugs there would be hell to pay... As it got worse I'd have to be prepared when I got home.. Because my dad would search me too... He would go through my phone. I got good at putting stuff down my pants. He just gave up trying to stop the weed because I'd just get more. Eventually they started finding needles, syringe caps, used foil, bongs, pipes, liquor, pills, and meth, dope bags. But my dads bout ready to kick my ass out the house.

Whatever is in their house even if it is your own property, the fact is that it is still in their house lol, so when it comes down to it... Unless you can prove that its your house or that your renting or something then you cant do jack...

I don't think the op can do anything about it either since it's drugs, but I don't think that just because you live in someone else's house means your own property isn't yours. I mean someone wouldn't rent a room from someone and not care if they fucked with their shit.

Would you say this is infantalizing and the parents are being unreasonable, like trying to restrict your freedom?

My dude, you live in their house, if it's something they don't approve of, it's not allowed, full stop. If you're living on someone else's dime, you may have restricted freedom, (ie: curfew, company, music volume).

There comes a time in everyone's life when they tire of the restrictions and want their freedom. As a grown adult, you are absolutely free to live the life you choose, but be prepared to finance it yourself.

Lets say you are a grown adult past the age of 20, who can make your own decisions, and you (swim?) lived with your parents. You had weed or some other relatively safe substance in your possession, your parents disproved of that and confiscated it, even though you had bought it with your own hard earned money.

Would you say this is infantalizing and the parents are being unreasonable, like trying to restrict your freedom? Keeping in mind the person in question is well knowledgeable about drugs and knows about responsible drug use?
Or would you say you have to abide by what they say in their house (even despite what I said before)?

Guess everyone's got an opinion on this so it's gonna be interesting.
Live in there house, gotta follow there rules..keep ur shit in your car. Lol

I think a few people here are being pretty unnecessarily condescending to you, but the message is one I agree with. There is nothing wrong, morally, with smoking weed or doing drugs, 100% agreed. Your parents might not agree though, and you're living in their house, so they get to say whether or not you have weed there. When you live on your own, you can own all the weed you want and they can't do anything about it. If you lived in your own place and your parents came over and stole your weed, THEN it would be a violation of your privacy/rights. But until then, it is what it is. My guess is that when you get stable and get your own place, your life is going to get a lot better in general. That was the case for me, many years ago. Good luck man. :)