• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What would a therapist do in this position?

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
I'm writing a book. I'm not gonna summerize it all here but I wanna get to the point I'm stuck on. I have one character who's an ex-psychiatrist. She's a gentle girl who believes in the virtue of weakness. Because if all of mankind was strong, we'd have no need to be together.
Now, it takes place in a post-apoctalyic world with "zombies" (radioactive humans, not traditional zombies). The other character is a wandering mercanary. She was subject to medical expirement at an early age and experianced torture similar to what Nazi's did. A piece of her vagina was sliced off while still awake (that wasn't a medical experiment, they did that for fun), however, after the world was destroyed in a post-apoctalytic disaster, she was abandoned and treked through the desert. She was discovered by a female bandit who took her in. However, she was controlling and sexually abusive towards her (she's about 12 at this point), however, she did show her affection. The medical experiments were much worse than being molested and hit when she disobeyed her master, so at this point, she didn't understand that it was wrong. She was taught to kill mercilessness and steal for what she wants. She was taught not to show affection to anyone but her possesive mistress. However, her and her bandit leader became separated. This woman was like a mother to her

, stolen things, and done other evil deeds, and the only way she can come to terms with it is to ignore the concept of right adn wrong alltogether. She's got an aggressive personality and avoids relationships. She loves alcohol, drugs, money, shooting zombies, and sex. She's pansexual and will forcibly do it with anyone male or female. She's still attached to the woman who took care of her... She refuses to get close to anyone else. She doesn't trust the crew she's running with and is constantly parinoid that she'd be abandoned. They don't like her, but her skill with a gun is the only reason they hang with her. The stress from her guilt makes her very irritable and the only thing that can satisfy her is the pleasure of sex, shooting or getting wasted.

Towards the end she finally meets her old master, and as a result, she reverts back to the depended little 12 yr old girl she used to be. Her master is still abusive, but now that she's an adult she starts to see that it's not right. Eventually her crew gives her an ultimatum. She can hang with her crew, or she can leave with her old caretaker. While confused, her old caretaker grabs her by the arm and attempt to strike her. In a panic, she shoots her former caretaker in the face, and freaks out. Ever since she's been in a depression.

Now, if you were the former psychiatrist and you were stuck living with this girl, what would you do to help rehabilitate her? I'm trying to redeem this character without some cheesy anime style bullshit (like they hug, sob, and confess everything then it's okay... I know humans don't work that way)