• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What was your view on drugs before you ever took them?

The same moralistic Hipocresy that all the common people believe in. Until I discovered Bluelight and Erowid. Completely changed my view on drugs. ?

Didn't really have a view or opinion on drugs or users, certainly didn't have any judgement either way. If someone wants to use drugs no matter what ones or how, its their body and their choice.

Then after college I discovered the world of Internet RCs, started writing trip reports, joined Bluelight and gradually realized that a lot of drug users really are pretty crazy and self-destructive, myself included. :rolleyes::geek:

Well, correlation doesn't automatically imply causation. IMO it is more likely the other way around - crazy and self-destructive people are more likely to (ab)use drugs. So it's more of a symptom than a cause.

Oh hey what's up BD. I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek though I was meaning to actually say that my sheltering and DARE classes led to me rebelling to the opposite extreme and now I realize that drugs really can be very bad (though they aren't by nature, they're just dangerous for those with impulse control issues).

I’d say D.A.R.E. really peaked my interest. Although learning about them in 6th grade I didn’t start dabbling with weed and coke until high school. I never considered them drugs, meth o the other hand I was strongly opposed to and disgusted by simply because majority of users here smoked it and it reminded me of crack. Until one day I went with my buddy to pick up and he said they didn’t have coke so he got meth. I was pissed, then shortly after a line I wasn’t pissed anymore and now doing coke was boring.... Thanks DARE

My mum is all anti-drug so as a kid I bought into the whole "all drugs are cut with rat poison and will kill you" propaganda until I was about 16 and actually begun to research things myself and realised most of what I'd been told was hugely overblown, although obviously drug use does have risks and is potentially harmful, it's still much less harmful than what I was told and alcohol is worse than most illicit substances.

When I was 18 and got to uni I started experimenting. First drug I used was actually etizolam to self-medicate anxiety. Then weed, then aMT, LSD, and some other psychedelics, then diazepam and a few other benzos, then codeine, tramadol, DHC, morphine, and oxy, then phenibut and kratom, then speed and MDMA and so on.

Nowadays I'm more like this...

I grew up in a upper middle class country snobby area. We were bored so most kids in high school drank and smoked weed in the cornfields or had barn parties . Got in with a hippie crowd and did acid, mushrooms and special k. But I always thought stuff like heroine and meth users were messed up junkies that I would never associate with . Later in life I started the Oxys and I know they are pretty much heroine in pill form but i guess I still think it’s not as bad as “real “ junkies ?‍♀️.

i was 12 when the school health class on drugs was going through and then started talking about LSD and told us we could talk to the grass and all the typical bs like it will kill you. But it totally got my interest into lsd as it sounded cool as so i spent the next few years as a teen trying to find it til i tried it and have never stopped using it ever since i will take lsd til the day i die its amazing.

A 14 I was at a price at Cristian school and lived in the suburbs. I didn't even know whereto get drugs other than weed and even then the kids were afraid I'd tell my mom and they would get in trouble with their parentss so they didn't sel to me.

So me and a couple like minded friends started tripping on DXM and then I found out where to get Adderall from a kid at school... Things started getting crazy by 15 and then I mainly stuck to weed until almost 19. After that I was off and running.

I knew before I was even a teenager that I wanted to try smoking cannabis. And then when I learned about LSD I knew I wanted to try that too. Both of those realizations came years before I actually got to try the drug in question.