• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What was your scent today V. what's that stank??

I use both:

4e8450c087b9e_av4.jpg
&

yhst-87074699935963_2269_57880920

I prefer the more traditional "woody" smelling aftershaves.

I opt to buy the Eau du Toilette as it is cheaper than Aftershave. I quite often find Aftershave is too overpowering as well.

Add me to the D&G The One list. I ask her to get me something unpopular that won't make every girl think of an ex-boyfriend and she gives me one of the top-selling colognes.

Eh, at least it smells awesome.

^ interesting... i know of people using lemon essential oil because its an antioxidant. the scent itself is invigorating.

testing out this brand called nu_be sample pack and the one i find most interesting has this bright lemon/citrus, metallic accord in the opening. enjoying most of what the brand offers, will be buying some bottles over the next few months.

http://www.nubeperfume.com/eng/

cPQ30GC.jpg

just read this write up about the "French FiFi Awards, the famous prize organized by the Fragrance Foundation in France. The award distinguishes the best products launched in 2013, according to the industry."

according to the jury " Best Fragrance from a Niche Brand—Comme des Garçons Black was the winner. Regarding the Best Fragrance from a Major Brand, they decided that Tom Ford's Tobacco Oud should get the prize. "

have worn cdg's black before. smells what i'd imagine the color black to smell like. can count on cdg for always putting out something unique more often than not. tom ford's original oud wood is amazing, haven't tried tobacco oud tho. kinda snobby when it comes to oud notes because they are 99% synthetic and i feel they just use it for marketing/hype.

looking at this thread tons of designers, all good. there's a whole world of niche, indie, artisanal fragrances. fun hobby, tho can be expensive =/

I like gin, doesn't matter what brand. I don't actually put it on my skin tho I just drink it and it works it's way out my pores.

For me, it's a toss up between the Brad Paisley and the P Diddy. Or the Marc Anthony for special occasions.

Seriously though, what's up with every celebrity now having their own fragrance? Every time I walk into that department I feel like I'm walking into a dystopian novel.

My fav is still lacoste foren. Just the plain kind in clear bottle with round metal top with the alligator. Cert light AMD clean and leaves just enoigh.

SO

a celebrity endorsement got me to go into sephora and buy a little rollerball to see if this was going to happen for me or not.

i'm pretty much at 1,000% positive that it will happen to me. i love the way it smells on me, it's crazy.

gallery_big_balenciaga_rosabotanica_fragrance.jpg

kstewartfans-rosabotanica.jpg

^ awesome, next time i hit up the mall i'll have to stop in and give it a sniff. reading about it @ http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Cristobal-Balenciaga/Rosabotanica-21987.html

sounds like an ideal scent for spring. must give props for the bottle design, it's gorgeous~!

do you think a guy could pull it off ? or is it very "feminine" doesn't sound heavy floral as the name would suggest.. i think gender for fragrances is an outdated concept anyways.

it is VERY LIGHT. at initial application i was like oh no WAY STRONG but less than 5 minutes later it mellowed into a real gentle tease of a floral scent. it's definitely got rose in it as like a second or third note, but the top is fig. which is a smell i haven't encountered before. i cannot get over it. and the bottle is BEAUTIFUL. def try and swipe a sample, because smelling anything in sephora is like impossible.

Pretty much my every day scent: cigarettes and Black Opium. The latter being a roll-on oil by a company called Auric Blends. It smells kind of like spicy vanilla, and it's really strong. :D