• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What was the worst Doctor experience with Drugs you ever had?

mokele

Bluelighter
This is inspired by Ismenes " worst coating off by a pharmacist " so please get your worst Doctor experience out and let the Us know. Mine is short- theres alot but that one beats all.
I was checking out this new Doc, he had never seen me before. That was when Docs still werent connected and you could go to 4-5 at same time.
It FINALLY was my turn and i walk in.
Dressed for the occasion,of course.
This bald humpty dumpty doesnt even get up, looks at me and says " I will not prescribe you any drugs and if you dont leave immediately i will call the cops!". I was flabbergasted and didnt know what i should say/ do now. I hadnt even introduced myself. His secretary tried to intervene, but i just got out of there. I have met horrible Docs and good ones but from the horrible ones he takes the cake.

I would say my worst experience was when I was initially hospitalized for blood infection, sepsis and endocarditis. The first 10 days before I was transferred to an LTAC were the most brutal period of my life, and the attending physician was quite possibly the most biased doctor I have ever met (and I’ve met my fair share). Every morning him and his entire team of residents and medical students would round on me, and I would beg, plead and cry for something for the severe pain and withdrawals, and all he would offer me was Tylenol or Ibuprofen and told me that I will never be prescribed an opioid by his hospital ever again (this just shows his bias, I was due to have open heart surgery in six weeks and was given massive amounts of opioids.). It got to the point where I made them write on my board that Tylenol and Ibuprofen were never to mentioned in my room, as it was more of an insult than actually wanting to help. Even his own residents, medical students and the following attending doctor said it was ”unnecessary” — especially considering when someone’s in serious or critical condition the guidelines for prescribing opioids to an intravenous heroin addict are completely different, and in my opinion, that doctor enjoyed watching another addict suffer miserably.

It’s general practice in these situations the withdrawals, at a minimum, are treated as not many addicts will stay in for the six weeks of antibiotics if the withdrawals aren’t addressed. Blood infections and sepsis, alone, are brutal agonizing pain, with severe withdrawals added onto this it’s a hellish torture I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

My third heart surgeon ranked up there as the worst, as well.

Last edited:
I would say my worst experience was when I was initially hospitalized for blood infection, sepsis and endocarditis. The first 10 days before I was transferred to an LTAC were the most brutal period of my life, and the attending physician was quite possibly the most biased doctor I have ever met (and I’ve met my fair share). Every morning him and his entire team of residents and medical students would round on me, and I would beg, plead and cry for something for the severe pain and withdrawals, and all he would offer me was Tylenol or Ibuprofen and told me that I will never be prescribed an opioid by his hospital ever again (this just shows his bias, I was due to have open heart surgery in six weeks and was given massive amounts of opioids.). It got to the point where I made them write on my board that Tylenol and Ibuprofen were never to mentioned in my room, as it was more of an insult than actually wanting to help. Even his own residents, medical students and the following attending doctor said it was ”unnecessary” — especially considering when someone’s in serious or critical condition the guidelines for prescribing opioids to an intravenous heroin addict are completely different, and in my opinion, that doctor enjoyed watching another addict suffer miserably.

It’s general practice in these situations the withdrawals, at a minimum, are treated as not many addicts will stay in for the six weeks of antibiotics if the withdrawals aren’t addressed. Blood infections and sepsis, alone, are brutal agonizing pain, with severe withdrawals added onto this it’s a hellish torture I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Thanks for sharing!!!
I cant imagine the pain you must have been through!!!
My worst pain was 3rd degree burns on my hand, it was all puffed up and water was literary squirting oout.I screamed, it was excruciating pain but saw they wanted to hook me to a Nalbuphine drip, so i told them i'm in a substitutìon program. That changed ALL. I got Ibuprofen instead and the advice i already have Opiates in me so tough it out.
A nurse who was watching couldnt believe that he was gonna let me with just ibu and went screaming at him....a angle she was.
But i want to hear YOUR Story!

Had a operation for an internal bowel prolapse about six years ago long before i got into opies was a strictly benzo weed guy and when it came time for my discharge the surgeon told me I was being sent home but he was going make sure I had enough morphine to keep me comfortable until I got to see my own GP
So time came for me to leave and that doc had went home so I asked the new doc as I was being wheeled out about my pain relief and told him what the original guy said
The Bastard said the residual effects of the nerve block and painkillers would be more than enough to see me through till I get to see my own doctor two days later which I knew was absolute balls but he said it in front of a full ward of strangers and really embarrassed me. This was about lunchtime I was being sent home and I knew I had a shit load of temazepam at home so thought if it got bad I’d just knock myself out
Well long story short about six at night the nerve block wore off and I was almost screaming so took some of the paracetamol he sent me away with and 120mg of temazepam which sent me to sleep
At two am the pain got so bad I thought I had actually prolapsed again and by three I was in an ambulance on way back to hospital where on arrival I was met by the first doctor who couldn’t believe his workmate sent me home without anything stronger than paracetamol and came later to take a statement from me about him for a complaint but I never heard anything back about it but I hope he was at least disciplined. I ended up in hospital another two days till they got the pain to a manageable level again
All because of one prick who wanted to punish the druggie for daring to need a none drug related injury
Absolute wanker I hope he gets brain cancer

Reading a few of the replies above, I'm happy to report I got nothing on this one, bar some unhelpful/rude docs while in the UK

I got a bit of a reversed situation. A bunch of them actually.

When I was working in a dementia clinic, we had a patient take a bit too much of a liking to opioids, so we had to take them away from her, because she started stealing meds from other patients. Long story short, in WDs she mistook a bench for a toilet, took down her pants, shat on the bench(entirely liquid) and sat down in it. I was glad I had a therapy session due, or it would have probably been me cleaning it up

Another one was during my time as a caretaker in a home for the disabled. I had a patient there, who was suffering from some form of NCL (neurodegenerative disease) - she was only 16, reduced to a toddler mentally, unable to talk or move, and was in so much pain, we had to basically drug her away with morphine all the time, or she would just stay awake all day and night screaming :( That feeling stuck with me for many years, to see someone in that condition. Was around the time I got into musical therapy, because she and one other patient always laughed/smiled when I sang during my work. edit: I have never seen her smile about anything else.

The last one I was accompanying a patient who had suffered a psychosis from LSD. He had a court date due, and he was scared about feeling so alone, so I made a very stupid suggestion: I could just take LSD for the court, so you're not alone in this. He LOVED the idea, but the trial was horror for me. I already have AS, and with the LSD it was just absolutely overwhelming. In the end, he kept comforting ME in said court. Stupid stupid idea, will never do again.

I was on twice weekly pickups of methadone, Monday and Friday. For a genuine reason I missed the Friday pickup but thought I'd still be able to get my Saturday and Sunday dose if I turned up on Saturday.

I turned up at the pharmacy on saturday to be told that they can only dispense on the days specified on the prescription (I think this has changed now) and I would need to go to hospital to get an emergency script because t
the drug services were all closed for the weekend.

Went to the local hospital which is luckily a 5 minute drive away.

Waited three hours to see some young cunt of a doctor. I explained the situation. He said "I need to see your prescription ".

I said "you know full well that the prescription is taken to the pharmacy and it gets dispensed accordingly".

He said "how do i know you're just not trying to get extra methadone".

I said "I thought that what your medical records database was for".

He said "so if you can't provide a copy of your prescription I need to see your photo ID".

I kept my cool, got up and just walked out.

I then went and scored some smack. That set my recovery back by several months because not only had I scored smack, I had missed a 3 day pickup so I had to go back to a 10mg daily dose. That meant more smack was purchased until my methadone dose could be upped to a decent level again.

Last edited:
I was on twice weekly pickups of methadone, Monday and Friday. For a genuine reason I missed the Friday pickup but thought I'd still be able to get my Saturday and Sunday dose if I turned up on Saturday.

I turned up at the pharmacy on saturday to be told that they can only dispense on the days specified on the prescription (I think this has changed now) and I would need to go to hospital to get an emergency script because t
the drug services were all closed for the weekend.

Went to the local hospital which is luckily a 5 minute drive away.

Waited three hours to see some young cunt of a doctor. I explained the situation. He said "I need to see your prescription ".

I said "you know full well that the prescription is taken to the pharmacy and it gets dispensed accordingly".

He said "how do i know you're just not trying to get extra methadone".

I said "I thought that what your medical records database was for".

He said "so if you can't provide a copy of your prescription I need to see your photo ID".

I kept my cool, got up and just walked out.

I then went and scored some smack. That set my recovery back by several months because not only had I scored smack, I had missed a 3 day pickup so I had to go back to a 10mg daily dose. That meant more smack was purchased until my methadone dose could be upped to a decent level again.
That royally sucks!!!
In the old Days you could still photocopy private prescription forms but nowadays its all Databased so no doctorshopping cuz at least here they will immediately see your by another Doc, but substitutìon program is supposedly not on your card. But everytime i went into a hospital i got my Dose and they knew everything. Sensitive info ,hah!
And for forging scripts, its possible cause people sell them online but i think you need a good Hardware and Software to pull that off nnowadays.I can imagine those selling scripts could be crooked Docs or pharmacists. The Days of xeroxing them, then carefully cutting em to right size are definitely over. He should have seen your Doc and your exact dose immediately like you said. That was just a cunt of a Doc, theres so many of them nowadays, why i opened this Thread.And he should have believed you even when in doubt and at least given you half if he really couldnt see your telling the truth. For years you could just walk on Weekend to red Cross here,show a copy of your monthly script and get equivalent dose methadone, most are on Morphine ER here. But they stopped that after literary hundred + addicts would come every weekend and claim they lost/ barfed/had been stolen their weekend dose

Last edited:
He should have seen your Doc and your exact dose immediately like you said. That was just a cunt of a Doc, theres so many of them nowadays, why i opened this Thread.And he should have believed you even when in doubt and at least given you half if he really couldnt see your telling the truth.

Methadone is a powerful drug that is very dangerous to people without a tolerance and can even be to someone with a tolerance. They just can't take your word for it that you actually have a prescription or haven't been dosed for the day and there are legal requirement that they have to fulfil before they can dispense a controlled substance like methadone. Nowadays however if you miss your dose, you can pick up the next day no bother, assuming it isn't a Sunday and the chemist is closed. No A&E in my area would hand out methadone just because you missed a dose, in fact the name of the dispensing pharmacy is on the script, you literally can't fill it anywhere else.

For years you could just walk on Weekend to red Cross here,show a copy of your monthly script and get equivalent dose methadone, most are on Morphine ER here.

But they stopped that after literary hundred + addicts would come every weekend and claim they lost/ barfed/had been stolen their weekend dose

So you see why they tend not to believe users when they say they didn't get their dose/lost their script/barfed it up/had it stolen? It's because usually the Drs intuition is correct and you're just trying to blag extra drugs.

I'm on methadone myself and used heroin for a good long time, and whilst I've not used anything bar my prescribed methadone for 3 years, I know exactly how most users work and think!

Methadone is a powerful drug that is very dangerous to people without a tolerance and can even be to someone with a tolerance. They just can't take your word for it that you actually have a prescription or haven't been dosed for the day and there are legal requirement that they have to fulfil before they can dispense a controlled substance like methadone. Nowadays however if you miss your dose, you can pick up the next day no bother, assuming it isn't a Sunday and the chemist is closed. No A&E in my area would hand out methadone just because you missed a dose, in fact the name of the dispensing pharmacy is on the script, you literally can't fill it anywhere else.

So you see why they tend not to believe users when they say they didn't get their dose/lost their script/barfed it up/had it stolen? It's because usually the Drs intuition is correct and you're just trying to blag extra drugs.

I'm on methadone myself and used heroin for a good long time, and whilst I've not used anything bar my prescribed methadone for 3 years, I know exactly how most users work and think!
Yes,i know how dangerous methadone can be if taken without tolerance.
But in his case he could have given him half dose and let sit for an hour.
That Red Cross System was bound to be abused, i did it too. You showed your monthly script copy and ID. Then you got a script for the nearest weekend pharmacy. You handed it through the window and got a cup of m.back. most people wouldnt bother drinking it but just walk away, a sole pharmacist wouldnt leave his pharmacy to go running after you.
But it was a nice gesture!

So they let you tough it out till Surgery???
Damn!! I cant even imagine what a hell that mustve been. I read it 3x and still wonder how you made it.

So they let you tough it out till Surgery???
Damn!! I cant even imagine what a hell that mustve been. I read it 3x and still wonder how you made it.

Yeah, I was going through IV cocaine and nicotine withdrawals from a pack a day for a decade to top it all off. I still haven't smoked a cigarette in over four years. The first three nights I spent vomiting, this is no exaggeration, every 5 to 10 minutes. I actually pulled the muscles in my chest, which made it severely difficult to breathe, and for that I got some useless lidocaine patches on my chest. I still, to this day, have no idea how I made it. There was this tiny, weak, drowned out voice that wanted to survive... When the entire medical staff tells you if you leave, you will die, it's kind of a harrowing view at your own mortality. It really came down to did I want to die to make the pain stop temporarily or have a chance at further life, and for once, I made the correct decision.

I remember even for the first few days I was trying to figure out how to leave through my severe confusion and disorientation, until the Infectious Disease doctor sat down and explained to me (he was so kind, unlike everyone else there, I remember he even started crying as he was explaining to me exactly how the sepsis and blood infection would play out, the vegetation on my tricuspid valve was already throwing out emboli everywhere, causing pulmonary emboli in my pulmonary arteries, and it was only a short matter of time until my body would lose the fight to the blood infection). I think that was really the turning point for me where I gave up my futile attempts and just accepted the misery.

I made it 47 days, completely clean, before they gave up on the IV antibiotics early and did my first open heart surgery. Which was really disappointing, as they have to load you up on incredibly powerful opioids after. I remember back in 2017 there was many of us in the hospital waiting for OHS, a lot died daily -- either due to overdose or losing the battle -- but there was a huge push to change how they treat people with blood infections and endocarditis due to IV drug abuse. I'm not sure how it's handled today, but I certainly hope times have changed for the better for any poor soul unlucky enough to find themselves in that position.

I totally agree. But the annoying thing is that I phoned the hospital first and explained the situation and they said to come down and see the doctor, no mention of prescriptions or photo ID. It was the first time I'd ever missed a pickup and naively assumed that my model patient status would stand me in good stead. They could have easily verified who I was with a few simple questions...

I totally agree. But the annoying thing is that I phoned the hospital first and explained the situation and they said to come down and see the doctor, no mention of prescriptions or photo ID. It was the first time I'd ever missed a pickup and naively assumed that my model patient status would stand me in good stead. They could have easily verified who I was with a few simple questions...
They pulled out the " your at our mercy so we will let you suffer." Card. Arghh, i HATE it when they do that! I just had that card pulled on me. Faxing a 1month script for morphine and benzos- no problem. Phoned next Day cuz i had forgotten my bloodthinners and came out at the secretary which despises addicts, so No Way! You HAVE TO pick it up yourself. After much haggling she took the stance she would like to but its against the law, which is complete bullshido!! Since a relative of mine goes there too she said have her pick it up for you. I asked her and she just said, wait i'll call you back in a minute. Turned out she phoned in, came out at the same
" nice secretary " and had her fax it in 30sec.
Literally 1 Minute she phoned me back and told me i can pick em up at pharmacy now.
Yeah, Docs and their secretarys....powerabusing sobs 💀

So he could have easily checked that your legit but chose to coat you off, well knowing what consequences that will have for you!!
Addiction is a accepted disease by the EU, so you should be treated like you broke a leg or whatever. But they see it as self- inflicted and many let you feel that! You could even take legal action but those sobs know the chance of an addict doing that is near nil. The " J.E.S."
Group ( junkies, ex- users, substituted) in Germany is a first step against the huge stigma we sadly carry.

Had a bloody cyst growing on the furthest side of my left cheek. To this day I suspect relentless and sustained alcohol drinking and equally unrepentant cigarette smoking for its appearance*. Not to digress though, because I visited a female doctor to run a test, and to confirm that I did not get Krebs (cancer).

This woman told me to sit and be comfortable on a stool. Then she held the top of my head firmly and pierced the damn cyst with a needle and without a warning. I was utterly shocked and the trauma persists to this day and manifests as a distrust of these arsewipes.

On the positive side I am my own doctor and I regularly prescribe myself with psychedelics. I do not self-medicate with poison. Most importantly, however, I live and die by the oath.

primum non nocere

After a year of sobriety the cyst reached critical mass and burst into a tiny pool of blood, and has since failed to make a return.

Last edited:
I was in St. Marys hospital in Paddington for 2 leg abscesses. Due to iv' ing . In them days (90's), this required a 5 day stay. ( It was outpatient when I had it only 6/7 years later).
I'm on a trolley waiting for a ward, and a young doctor looks at my chart and sneers " I bet he's been out there thieving + robbing "
I was so shocked and so was the nice older nurse who was with me.
( Never got my stuff this way)
Wan*er
Also , joined a doctor's, all the forms etc. Sat with Dr. " Doc, I need a methadone prescription"
Dr jumps up and escorts me to the door.
Although, I was half expecting this.
( When gp's still prescribed).

I turned up at the pharmacy on saturday to be told that they can only dispense on the days specified on the prescription (I think this has changed now)

I had missed a 3 day pickup so I had to go back to a 10mg daily dose.
Yeah, thankfully you can now miss a day and still pick up the rest of your script.
Can't stand the newish policy of methadone prescribing. Start at a minuscule 30 ml. And come back every day for a 10 ml increase.
Most are like me, get to 60 mls and just say that will do. Wanted more but to get to 60 mls was 4 days attendance.
What happened to starting people on 80++??