• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What ttype of patch is this?

Yeah, but no offense, you lotus eaters need to realize there's no escape from suffering when you quit something. Feeling like shit is all part of the game.

People who chew on fent patches. Also, something like the Iliad or the Odyssey, one of those stories therein. Theogeny? Aeneid? 300? Or Pulp Fiction possibly.

People who chew on fent patches. Also, something like the Iliad or the Odyssey, one of those stories therein. Theogeny? Aeneid? 300? Or Pulp Fiction possibly.

People who chew on patches (which is pointless BTW...you just adhere it to the inside of your cheek and leave it) don't realise that all that talk of diffusion goes out the window due to how quickly the drug is absorbed into the bloodstream bucally..you're basically gonna get all the fent the patch contains since the fent is in the glue and saliva dissolves the glue feom the patch...even with a 50% BA that's still an awful lot of fent.

Good luck trying to go back to transdermal after doing using bucally for any length of time....tollerance (assuming you're still alive) will be through the roof

What kind of withdrawals could I expect after half a year or longer of daily veryheavy opioid (fentanyl) use? I'm on 600mcg/h patch now, not very long,

lol... there does seem to be a bit of conflicting information there. I was also thinking that 600mcg/hour might have been a typo, or mental error. And it would be complete folly to try and switch from high dose fentanyl....to oxy ER. I just figured OP was high as a kite on fent. And might possibly have a doctor who hadn't gotten the memo from the DEA of the mandate on cutting everyone back, or off opioid meds.

A lot of folks might've missed the photographic evidence OP provided to substantiate her dosage (or at least the packaging). That one was a bit much for me and had to go.

lol... there does seem to be a bit of conflicting information there. I was also thinking that 600mcg/hour might have been a typo, or mental error. And it would be complete folly to try and switch from high dose fentanyl....to oxy ER. I just figured OP was high as a kite on fent. And might possibly have a doctor who hadn't gotten the memo from the DEA of the mandate on cutting everyone back, or off opioid meds.

I believe OP isn't in the U.S. but somewhere in Europe.

Also (I know I've said this before) but a 50mcg fentanyl patch is equivalent to 120mg oral morphine..

(boring maths part)

600/50 = 12

12 x 120mg = 1,440mg

1, 440 x 80% (usually conversion ratio between oral morphine and oral oxy) = 1,152mg oral oxycodone per day.

ie.7 (seven) OC80s in the morning and another 7 at night.....with some change left over. (32mg of change to be exact....and lol at me referring to 32mg of oxy as "change"...gives you some context of how rediculous this is )

What doctor is going to script someone that even if she could get a doctor to move her from fentanyl to oxycodone

Granted, some doctors in Europe are a bit more liberal with doses that their American counterparts since most European countries don't have a DEA type organisation breathing down their necks pressuring them to either get people off narcotics or at least severely reduce the amounts they prescribe...but still.

I would just like to add that I'm not trying to bully or pick on the OP and if I'm wrong with my critiscism then I'll be the first to apologise. A pic of the printed label (name redacted of course) showing the prescribed doseage of 600mcg/hr would shut me (and others) up straight away.....at least around our cynicism that she is actually being directed to take that much)...

I don't even know why it bothers me, but I just have this "thing" around suspected misinformation/bullshit when it comes to fentanyl..as most know I'm a paramedic by occupation these days and have had some horrible experiences regarding young people dying from fentanyl and fentanyl analogue overdoses....and it just gets to me a little bit..

Sorry....I don't mean to offend anyone, but at the same time don't really care if I do either.....at least not when it comes to young people's lives anyway...I've seen too much death.

Last edited:
The 600 are per 3 days, so technically 200 per day. 600 per dose but a dose lasts 3 days.

Yes, and no doctor on Earth would prescribe you six patches to wear at the same time. That kinda pain means euthanasia.

EDIT: NOTE TO DILAUDID/KRATOM COMMENTORS:

I moved all your posts piecemeal to the Kratom Megathread. Please to continue your discussion re: feasiblity of subbing kratom for 48mg daily hydromorphone over there.

Last edited:
fentanyl_Sandoz_SandozFentanyl.jpg
fentanyl_Sandoz_Sandoz_Fentanyl.jpg

I got the 100mcg/h version which contains over 23mg of fent in total. These patches are very thin, before these I had another brand of matrix patches which were much thicker. Now I am not sure which guide to follow to extract the fent. I dont want to wear them.

Can anyone help me? I have the European Sandoz.

fentanyl_Sandoz_SandozFentanyl.jpg
fentanyl_Sandoz_Sandoz_Fentanyl.jpg

I got the 100mcg/h version which contains over 23mg of fent in total. These patches are very thin, before these I had another brand of matrix patches which were much thicker. Now I am not sure which guide to follow to extract the fent. I dont want to wear them.

Can anyone help me? I have the European Sandoz.

So what are you asking exactly?

"which guide to follow"??? what do you mean "which guide"??

Would help of you said what the guides you're talking about are.

I've had these patches many times...just wear them on your skin...and if you absolutely can't do that then just cut the patch into a size that equates to how much you want to use and stick it to the inside of your cheek... If all you're wanting to do is use the fentanyl bucally or sublingually, attempting to extract the fentraly out first it utterly pointless....sticking the patch to the inside of your cheek will work absolutely fine and since the drug is held within the glue not the actual patch.The glue will dissolve in your saliva and be absorbed bucally...

What's the point in extracting it only to use it bucally anyway?

Yes, and no doctor on Earth would prescribe you six patches to wear at the same time. That kinda pain means euthanasia.

EDIT: NOTE TO DILAUDID/KRATOM COMMENTORS:

I moved all your posts piecemeal to the Kratom Megathread. Please to continue your discussion re: feasiblity of subbing kratom for 48mg daily hydromorphone over there.
Technically per 3 days since they are supposed to last 3 days. And yet I am still in excruciating pain. I have quite the history, medically.

I have begged for euthanesia but I am too young. Hence why I don't mind if I got a bit too much fent in my blood.

I believe OP isn't in the U.S. but somewhere in Europe.

Also (I know I've said this before) but a 50mcg fentanyl patch is equivalent to 120mg oral morphine..

(boring maths part)

600/50 = 12

12 x 120mg = 1,440mg

1, 440 x 80% (usually conversion ratio between oral morphine and oral oxy) = 1,152mg oral oxycodone per day.

ie.7 (seven) OC80s in the morning and another 7 at night.....with some change left over. (32mg of change to be exact....and lol at me referring to 32mg of oxy as "change"...gives you some context of how rediculous this is )

What doctor is going to script someone that even if she could get a doctor to move her from fentanyl to oxycodone

Granted, some doctors in Europe are a bit more liberal with doses that their American counterparts since most European countries don't have a DEA type organisation breathing down their necks pressuring them to either get people off narcotics or at least severely reduce the amounts they prescribe...but still.

I would just like to add that I'm not trying to bully or pick on the OP and if I'm wrong with my critiscism then I'll be the first to apologise. A pic of the printed label (name redacted of course) showing the prescribed doseage of 600mcg/hr would shut me (and others) up straight away.....at least around our cynicism that she is actually being directed to take that much)...

I don't even know why it bothers me, but I just have this "thing" around suspected misinformation/bullshit when it comes to fentanyl..as most know I'm a paramedic by occupation these days and have had some horrible experiences regarding young people dying from fentanyl and fentanyl analogue overdoses....and it just gets to me a little bit..

Sorry....I don't mean to offend anyone, but at the same time don't really care if I do either.....at least not when it comes to young people's lives anyway...I've seen too much death.
He said it would equal 2 80s in the morning and 2 in the evening, but IDK how much cross tolerance he included. Another weird thing is the doctor in charge has only seen me twice and my GP who knows me much better has no say. He says fent is prolly not right for me.

But oxy is easier to crush and feels better.

I came from 200mg oxy and 600mcg fent a day before I got the patches.

It's also hard for me to believe, I tried to extract new patches which should've containted around 70 MG and still nothing. Prolly I did something wrong while extracting.

Last edited:
Well, assuming that what you say is accurate... I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the Doctor, actually prescribing you 600mcg / hour. That's is an awful lot of medication! And then to prescribe that much round the clock medication, but also write so that you are somehow supposed to go 9 days without any medication. Just doesn't make sense to me. I would find this to be a cruel prank by the doctor. Strange.? And the additional information you provided, it appears that he may have just pulled the 200mg of oxy you were getting. It sounds like you aren't giving accurate information, or the doctor is a quack! Something just isn't right with the whole scenario.

Having said that, I will address the extraction you mentioned. You said you had the Sandoz brand. And those have a lot of "extra" to be extracted. They have more fent per sticker, than any other brand. And are also tricky to extract from. Over the years, I became a jedi...to the extraction process. And I found out, by accident actually....that 70% ISO is the best to use on the Sandoz. 91% dissolves the glue too...and in my case (extracting to smoke) I would end up with a gooey extract, that would make smoking impossible. So nasty that I would projectile vomit trying to take a hit...that glue is gnarly. But the 70 % ISO, would extract the fentanyl, without dissolving the glue as well. That may have been what happened with your extraction.

No see, she's actually supersensitive to oxycodone, at just 5mg, but utterly immune to fentanyl, which is why she chews six patches a day:

campia said:
Besides only 1 oxy 5,mg I never tried any opiates but fentanyl. I heard it raises your tolerance like crazy, but I never felt anything from the fent. Is it possible other opiates still give me a buzz if I tried them?