View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What to use on LSD comedown

Swim15

Bluelighter
Planning on going to a festival for two days in the next couple months. I usually like to trip one night with either LSD/mushrooms/2cb and potentially some coke. The other day I'll roll with MDMA. The problem is that I usually like tripping the first day and roll the second so I'm not tripping on the MDMA comedown the next day (although usually not bad since I only roll 3-5 times a year).

Problem with that is last time I tripped the first day, took half a bar to comedown and sleep but then the next day I could barely roll at all which I later figured out was because of the Xanax still hanging around a little in my system.

Trying to figure out what to use to comedown from the LSD so I'm not up for 30 hours. Right now I'm thinking GHB and weed since the half life is so short. Any experience with this or with rolling the day after a GHB dose? I've got access to pretty much any drug on earth so I'm open to anything

Xanax, and especially only half a bar's worth, will not stop a roll. I don't think you taking Xanax played any part in your inability to roll hard the past time. MDMA can be like psychedelics, sometimes amazing, sometimes not.

That's what I thought at first but did some reading and it was literally the only thing I had taken that could interact. It was an underground Xanax bar, 4mg a pop, but absolutely had some diazepam mixed in which has a 100 hour half life so that's why it fucked with the roll.

Any sedative/hypnotic should do the trick, even maybe anesthetics like scopalamine, but not PCP or ketamine since they may prolong the duration of the LSD and add to its psychoactivity.

I would personally recommend a benzodiazepine, alcohol, opiates, marijuana, or a combination of these. Good thinking about GHB's short half-life. I would personally sniff some heroin because it is so fast-acting and it lasts only 3-5 hours. I usually just sniff some then smoke some if I want to be sedated but still conscious.

As to the Xanax and MDMA interaction, I can't really help. Not sure how Xanax affects MDMA. I have never rolled, so . . .

Thinking I may go for the weed and GHB...hell I didn't even think about DXM but that plus either of the other two would probably work well

That's what I thought at first but did some reading and it was literally the only thing I had taken that could interact. It was an underground Xanax bar, 4mg a pop, but absolutely had some diazepam mixed in which has a 100 hour half life so that's why it fucked with the roll.

I have extensive experience with benzos, psychedelics, and the two mixed. I guarantee you, it was not the benzos that prevented you from rolling. Our bodies can do strange things sometimes.

Honestly, I don't think the xanax was the problem either.

There's no doubt though, that what you need is ambien/zolpidem or something similar. It makes you sleep really fast, and leaves the body in 4 hours time.

Thinking I may go for the weed and GHB...hell I didn't even think about DXM but that plus either of the other two would probably work well

do not take DXM the day before MDMA. that can cause dangerous serotonin activity. DXM is a strong serotonin re-uptake inhibitor so with all the serotonin in your brain leftover, you shouldn't take MDMA which is another realeaser and re-uptake inhibitor of serotonin.

for an LSD comedown, i'd just have a few beers and smoke weed. no need to take any sedatives IMO. sedatives are more for killing the trip IME.

MDMA and DXM are a huge no no and DXM is not a depressant useful for relaxation on an LSD comedown.

Ideal would be GHB which is highly calming / relaxing or even irresistably hypnotic (although serious care must be taken there), yet it doesn't really dull other drugs. Gabapentinoids may also be suitable and I really do love me some pregabalin on an LSD comedown but you should make sure such a drug agrees with you before using it that way and it also doesn't make me sleep when I have acid comedown insomnia.

I think something like benzos can dull many other drugs like psychedelics and empathogens by calming the sympathetic nervous system on the level it does. No a little bit won't stop a roll but if you take a low dose it won't stop a trip either. MDMA is just much more of a stimulating drug (multiple monoamines etc) than psychedelics so a roll can take bit more before you really start to lose a lot of effect. Still, not the synergy GHB has.
If you want to sleep don't take an anxiolytic like xanax but a hypnotic benzo, it's very inefficient otherwise... pick a short acting one in any case.

He did not say xanax but underground xanax i.e. illegal alprazolam, which could contain any dose they please to cram into a bar. diazepam has a long half life but it would have to contain quite a bit to become significant...

Scopolamine is the craziest suggestion ever

Zolpidem / zopiclone however are very good suggestions if it's sleep you're after, but make sure you do go to sleep (which seems like a hard thing to guarantee after acid at a festival), otherwise you may go amnestic and go on ambien adventures. Get advice on that from the ambien walrus... maybe not as risky as deliriants but it's no good to black out disinhibited and do stupid shit.

A short acting opioid, maybe, but I don't like to suggest that

You should not need anything for an LSD comedown. I agree that you should try to rest as much as possible afterwards, if you can. You should not be up for 30 hours after taking LSD even if it is a large dose.

I once took some acid and then took some Niacinamide just to see if it would kill a trip and nothing happened and I still tripped. I have zero experience using benzos recreationally or to abort a trip on LSD.

You should not need anything for an LSD comedown. I agree that you should try to rest as much as possible afterwards, if you can. You should not be up for 30 hours after taking LSD even if it is a large dose.

some people cannot sleep after lsd for fucking ages- till the following night

I once took some acid and then took some Niacinamide just to see if it would kill a trip and nothing happened and I still tripped. I have zero experience using benzos recreationally or to abort a trip on LSD.

Lol not sure if you have used real LSD because you are the first person out of a lot of people I've ever heard say that. No one I have ever met can come down from a trip without something unless they wait it out and the mental stimulus from even just 100-200mcg will keep me up that long easily not to mention larger doses

Swim15 anecdotal experience really means nothing in this case. LSD has been taken for decades now and it's pretty much established that at most doses 10 hours is enough to sleep, for high ones maaaaybe 15. I've never heard of anyone needing anything to sleep after LSD, not being able to come down, etc.

zZzZolpidem (ambien) is a miracle drug for festy sleep, just park your ass in your tent tho, don't need to be zombie status walkin around the fest at night on an ambien trip! Fests are so much more enjoyable if you get just a bit of sleep at night! Waaay easier to recover from than staying up all weekend.

I also like Xanax to help land the spacecraft, but it doesn't really help force me to sleep...sometimes I stay awake in my bed on high dose psychedelic comedowns after taking Xanax and still can't sleep (unless I over-dose which def leaves me groggy the next day ughhh)

Any sedative/hypnotic should do the trick, even maybe anesthetics like scopalamine, but not PCP or ketamine since they may prolong the duration of the LSD and add to its psychoactivity.

I would personally recommend a benzodiazepine, alcohol, opiates, marijuana, or a combination of these. Good thinking about GHB's short half-life. I would personally sniff some heroin because it is so fast-acting and it lasts only 3-5 hours. I usually just sniff some then smoke some if I want to be sedated but still conscious.

As to the Xanax and MDMA interaction, I can't really help. Not sure how Xanax affects MDMA. I have never rolled, so . . .

^^ I would definitely not recommend any benzo, opiate, alcohol combination because of possible fatal respiratory depression. Do not take scopolamine at a festival, you will have a bad time.

Last edited:
I would recommend, like others have said, either using benzos or a few beers (do not combine) and some weed. I once tried to k-hole myself out of a drug cocktail at a festival and it worked well enough to help me pass out, but I wouldn't recommend that route.

Benzos should not interfere with LSD or MDMA. They should be perfect for a comedown, followed by z-drugs, opioids and maybe muscle relaxants. Be careful with all these and never mix them. Take the smallest dose possible and wait, and maybe have it dispensed to you by a trip sitter (a sober one).

The cocaine will destroy an MDMA trip, especially when taken after. I do not know the pharmacology behind this but have done extensive testing in my own laboratory. I'd cut out the coke. It doesn't sound like the right drug for the venue anyways.

Edit: Never take DXM with psychedelics and most of the antidepressants. In fact, might as well not ever mix it with anything. It is unsuitable for psychedelic comedowns too, whoever mentioned it.

Last edited:
Well if weed can put you to sleep instead of just fueling the tail end of a trip, all the power to you. G has to be redosed but is less dampening on these other drugs than benzos, if you are not a habitual G user you should be able to get away better with some lax dosing schedule.

I know scopolamine has therapeutic uses, but it's still silly to try and find the right dose that is appropriate on an LSD trip at a festival without being deliriant etc, anticholinergics are just not ideal to begin with, and even in a normal setting scopolamine isn't a reliable hypnotic.