View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What to expect??Just took acid first time

Slumerican96

Bluelighter
What to expect? Took 4 hits 30 mins ago. When am i gonna peak? I got one more hit, should i take it? Tips appreciated guys and gals

You took 4 hits!

Wow. I have never taken 4 hits. Oddly I did not trip very much my 1st time. So you might luck out.

You are tripping alone?

Im 45 mins in and feel different. No visuals, maybe sort of weak and sleepy so far. That normal?

Im 45 mins in and feel different. No visuals, maybe sort of weak and sleepy so far. That normal?
The come up can make you feel the need to sit/lie down

Higher doses more so. 4 is a higher dose man, lol. Enjoy the ride.

You'll probably have a burst of energy in an hour or two.

Idk everyone seems to trip in a slightly different way on acid, there are commonalities, but largely it is a personality based and individually variable experience

Last edited:
2mgs of what a benzo?

Opioids and benzos dull it a bit but with higher doses you will still trip heavily. Sometimes i mix heavy doses of psychedelics with Heroin/Alprazolam as it feels Lush. But in general benzos especially will dampen it to a degree.
Opiods actually mellow out the comedown from stimulating psyches like acid and 2C-E quite nicely, especially when you have no opiod depencence/tolerance and it's just like 10mg hydrocodone at hour 9-12 of a phenethylamine or lysergamide trip

lol I love how 45 minutes he's like "no visuals not even high" then stops posting

I'm sure he's fine. Hope he had a good trip.
45 mins is just the start of the grand adventure haha always wonder when is this going to kick in then right on the dot at 1 hour 15 mins the visuals will kick in more and more 2 hours heavy tripping 3-4 hour mark the peak and true magic becomes alive

45 mins is just the start of the grand adventure haha always wonder when is this going to kick in then right on the dot at 1 hour 15 mins the visuals will kick in more and more 2 hours heavy tripping 3-4 hour mark the peak and true magic becomes alive

Yup. I've had LSD kick in as quick as 30-45 minutes on an empty stomach but generally always takes me about 90-120 minutes to reach the first true peak. Second/third peak is always the strongest

i always think i've peaked then i check the clock and its been 2 hours. then i'm like shit i got another 3 hours before i even start to come down lol