• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what to expect/ how to prepare for an 1p-lsd (or any) trip

I got some 1p-lsd from a vendor and i think it had a bitter/metallic/electric taste to it so I'm wondering whether its actual 1p-lsd. Besides from reagent testing it to distinguish it from anything else ( especially 25i-NBOMe) how else should i go about getting the most from a trip and to reduce angst and a bad trip? Do I just go about my normal business like watch tv or go outside and look at the stars or some bs lol? Would my imagination or mood impact on the hallucinations? I was also wondering whether the hallucinations are like the one shown here (https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/File:Deliriants.png ) where everything is still as normal just altered (I read another report from someone who said everything instantly became almost like impressionist art like Monet's work or something lol- sounds quite cool). Or is it all just a normal hallucination in the same room you know. Ive read reports where people experience some really crazy stuff like they are somewhere else completely and stuff. It'd be nice if I could be 'enlightened' haha Many thanks, ewawoowaa

I actually got that "Monet's art impressionist" bit on my first time on lsd. It was quite amazing!
Its the thing i recall best, also after getting the feeling it was all connected and i was just a small piece, one nothing, but an important piece. And everything is connected. Nature and us.
Cant quite explain...
:)

I find it odd that trippers, who should presumably be pretty open minded people, often feel it necessary to say this. OP should do whatever he feels like doing on his first trip. Telling him certain things he can't do places undue pressure to trip a certain way, and just because that way works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone. Suggesting things for a first trip is a good idea; explicitly saying there are certain things he shouldn't do (aside from dangerous things of course) is unnecessary and closed minded IMO.

Not all TV shows and movies are mind-numbing. In fact, these days there is a huge amount of mind expanding shows with real substance that can actually teach you about life and yourself. I'm not saying watching TV is the end all greatest thing to do while tripping, but making a blanket statement that it shouldn't be watched at all really is silly. If you want to have a cookie-cutter first trip and listen to dark side then dance through the woods, that's totally fine. If you want to watch some TV that's fine too.

But at the same time TV isn't real and you take yourself out of the present moment in watching it. Psychedelics greatest gift is expanding consciousness and there's a whole hell of a lot more chance of it not happening if you're glued to a screen the entire time. Open-mindedness aside, it can't be denied that screens have an effect on humans, which a majority of experienced people find detrimental. Which again, is not to say to never watch a movie or TV. But for one's beginning journey into psychedelics it would be a grave mistake to miss the full effects that psychedelics can produce on one's consciousness and resulting environment.

But at the same time TV isn't real and you take yourself out of the present moment in watching it.

I find this to be kind of a platitudinous statement. What exactly is "real" in your mind? If the empathy and emotions and lessons one can experience/learn from watching tv is fake, then wouldn't any emotions one feels from, say, music, just as fake?

I guess I just fundamentally disagree that there is necessarily a lesser chance of expanding your consciousness watching television than walking through the woods, listening to music, etc. If you are watching Two and a Half Men, then I agree with what you say. If you are watching Planet Earth, then I very much disagree with what you are saying. To each his own though.