View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what to expect/ how to prepare for an 1p-lsd (or any) trip

ewawoowaa

Bluelighter
I got some 1p-lsd from a vendor and i think it had a bitter/metallic/electric taste to it so I'm wondering whether its actual 1p-lsd. Besides from reagent testing it to distinguish it from anything else ( especially 25i-NBOMe) how else should i go about getting the most from a trip and to reduce angst and a bad trip? Do I just go about my normal business like watch tv or go outside and look at the stars or some bs lol? Would my imagination or mood impact on the hallucinations? I was also wondering whether the hallucinations are like the one shown here (https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/File:Deliriants.png ) where everything is still as normal just altered (I read another report from someone who said everything instantly became almost like impressionist art like Monet's work or something lol- sounds quite cool). Or is it all just a normal hallucination in the same room you know. Ive read reports where people experience some really crazy stuff like they are somewhere else completely and stuff. It'd be nice if I could be 'enlightened' haha Many thanks, ewawoowaa

We can't ID your tabs for you on here, because it's just plain impossible (besides being against the rules of the forum). However, it's not unheard of to experience a metallic/electric taste. Personally I always notice a metallic/electric/sour taste with LSD and ETH-LAD, but there are people who dispute that this is even possible.

As for what to do, you can read about "set and setting" to benefit from the collective experience of how to trip best. I would definitely recommend switching off the TV, computer, social media. More interesting while you're tripping is to go more for things like quiet reflection, looking at the stars, nature, music, dancing, social interaction (if you're comfortable with it).

Your imagination and mood will most definitely affect the content of your trips.

You probably won't experience the kinds of hallucinations where you think you're somewhere else, it's not the sort of experience that 1P-LSD will tend towards. You will more likely experience an amplification and feedback of your sensory experience: colour saturation, music enhancement, thought amplification, tracers, geometric patterning, etc.

Two things that really help:
1. Music. Have a play list of tracks you think may be good on the substance, but always have a backup play list to calm you if needed. Comfort music, or something that brings back good memories. This will help to anchor you if things get overwhelming. I use the Bach cello suites, but obviously you will have your own.
2. Is related to 1. Have some object such as a picture, beanbag or whatever that will provide you comfort. I like to really explore and push myself when on something, but even with lots of experience I have still had moments where I've had to retreat.

We can't ID your tabs for you on here, because it's just plain impossible (besides being against the rules of the forum). However, it's not unheard of to experience a metallic/electric taste. Personally I always notice a metallic/electric/sour taste with LSD and ETH-LAD, but there are people who dispute that this is even possible. As for what to do, you can read about "set and setting" to benefit from the collective experience of how to trip best. I would definitely recommend switching off the TV, computer, social media. More interesting while you're tripping is to go more for things like quiet reflection, looking at the stars, nature, music, dancing, social interaction (if you're comfortable with it). Your imagination and mood will most definitely affect the content of your trips. You probably won't experience the kinds of hallucinations where you think you're somewhere else, it's not the sort of experience that 1P-LSD will tend towards. You will more likely experience an amplification and feedback of your sensory experience: colour saturation, music enhancement, thought amplification, tracers, geometric patterning, etc.
would you know what would produce something more like (https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Fileeliriants.png) ?

Personally I always notice a metallic/electric/sour taste with LSD and ETH-LAD, but there are people who dispute that this is even possible.

I also get this from all the lysergamides I've tried. It's a relatively subtle but persistent sensation that lasts well until after the main effects have worn off. Particularly noticeable with AL-LAD and ETH-LAD. Tastes somewhat similar to when I've had too much coffee.

That's not what you want ewawoowaa. Plus visuals aren't even near the most important part of a trip, these days I barely even notice them.

I personally disagree with the sentiment that the TV/computer should be switched off during a trip. Lately, one of my favorites things to do while on 1p is to watch game of thrones. Absolutely spectacularly engaging - the brutality and raw human emotions/actions are almost mesmerizing while tripping. There are so many other good shows/movies to watch while tripping though of course *cough*cough rick & morty *cough

would you know what would produce something more like (https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/File:Deliriants.png) ?

Notice the title of the picture? The word in the middle? That pic describes what *deliriants* make the world look like. But no, you sure as fuck don't want to take deliriants, unless you can't get LSD or have tripped on LSD so much you no longer find it interesting, and - most importantly - are willing to risk your sanity *and* your life. :|

Anyway, LSD/lysergamides can indeed produce amazing visuals.
One trip on 1p-ETH-LAD gave people on TV a "rotoscoped" look (i.e. footage filmed with a camera, then painted over), similar to the trailer to the Van Gogh biopic "Loving Vincent":

Generally, hallucinogens (at least at normal doses) are less about making you see totally random shit than messing with your sense of pattern recognition. Some of the images produced by Google's "Deep Dream" or the filters on the app "Prisma" can be similar to LSD visuals.

Still, as amazing as the visuals can sometimes be, they aren't necessarily the most important part of the psychedelic experience. Some very abstract concepts may suddenly seem graspable. Mundane things may become hilariously funny. A word you use on a daily basis may suddenly become oh so heavy with significance it makes you feel dirty for even thinking it. Yes, that last one is not necessarily pleasant, but can still yield extremely valuable therapeutic insights.

Last edited:
I personally disagree with the sentiment that the TV/computer should be switched off during a trip. Lately, one of my favorites things to do while on 1p is to watch game of thrones. Absolutely spectacularly engaging - the brutality and raw human emotions/actions are almost mesmerizing while tripping. There are so many other good shows/movies to watch while tripping though of course *cough*cough rick & morty *cough

Probably the most fascinating trip report I've ever read was of a German guy taking 1p, peaking, then being left with a strong feeling of post-peak emptiness, at which point he decides to smoke some weed and re-watch HBO's "The Leftovers". I've never even seen a single episode of that show, but the way random_German_dude describes being overcome with an extremely strong empathic connection to the characters on the screen in paragraph after paragraph still made for compelling reading, and felt like a pretty good example of how the raw emotional component of the psychedelic/psycholytic experience can be just as, if not more, impressive than neat visuals.

Anyway, LSD/lysergamides can indeed cause amazing visuals.
One trip on 1p-ETH-LAD suddenly gave people on TV a rotoscoped look (i.e. footage filmed with a camera, then painted over), similar to the trailer to the Van Gogh biopic "Loving Vincent"

Oh, I had visuals very much like that on ETH-LAD! Pretty spot-on comparison.

Probably the most fascinating trip report I've ever read was of a German guy taking 1p, peaking, then being left with a strong feeling of post-peak emptiness, at which point he decides to smoke some weed and re-watch HBO's "The Leftovers". I've never even seen a single episode of that show, but the way random_German_dude describes being overcome with an extremely strong empathic connection to the characters on the screen in paragraph after paragraph still made for compelling reading, and felt like a pretty good example of how the raw emotional component of the psychedelic/psycholytic experience can be just as, if not more, impressive than neat visuals.

Do you have a link to the trip report?

........ Personally I always notice a metallic/electric/sour taste with LSD and ETH-LAD, but there are people who dispute that this is even possible.

I've found that each time with LSD25 - very slight but perceptible. Funny thing is, I tried 1p-LSD a couple of weeks ago for the first time and although I sucked the blotter until it dissolved completely, there was absolutely no taste at all. And as I described in my short TR on the B&D 1p thread, I had a very significant trip for the dose (125ug), so the tastelessness certainly wasn't due to it being a dud.

I personally disagree with this sentiment. If you like watching tv on your trips nothing wrong with that, I think its a good to experiment with all sorts of acitivies because tripping will give you a different perspective on them. However, I think when it comes to new trippers the tv/computer should be switched off during a trip.

I personally disagree with this sentiment. If you like watching tv on your trips nothing wrong with that, I think its a good to experiment with all sorts of acitivies because tripping will give you a different perspective on them. However, I think when it comes to new trippers the tv/computer should be switched off during a trip.

I find it odd that trippers, who should presumably be pretty open minded people, often feel it necessary to say this. OP should do whatever he feels like doing on his first trip. Telling him certain things he can't do places undue pressure to trip a certain way, and just because that way works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone. Suggesting things for a first trip is a good idea; explicitly saying there are certain things he shouldn't do (aside from dangerous things of course) is unnecessary and closed minded IMO.

Not all TV shows and movies are mind-numbing. In fact, these days there is a huge amount of mind expanding shows with real substance that can actually teach you about life and yourself. I'm not saying watching TV is the end all greatest thing to do while tripping, but making a blanket statement that it shouldn't be watched at all really is silly. If you want to have a cookie-cutter first trip and listen to dark side then dance through the woods, that's totally fine. If you want to watch some TV that's fine too.

I got some 1p-lsd from a vendor and i think it had a bitter/metallic/electric taste to it so I'm wondering whether its actual 1p-lsd. Besides from reagent testing it to distinguish it from anything else ( especially 25i-NBOMe) how else should i go about getting the most from a trip and to reduce angst and a bad trip? Do I just go about my normal business like watch tv or go outside and look at the stars or some bs lol? Would my imagination or mood impact on the hallucinations? I was also wondering whether the hallucinations are like the one shown here (https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/File:Deliriants.png ) where everything is still as normal just altered (I read another report from someone who said everything instantly became almost like impressionist art like Monet's work or something lol- sounds quite cool). Or is it all just a normal hallucination in the same room you know. Ive read reports where people experience some really crazy stuff like they are somewhere else completely and stuff. It'd be nice if I could be 'enlightened' haha Many thanks, ewawoowaa
Lsd has a unusual metallic taste. Almost sticks to your throat and tingles it. Now if the tab is so bitter that it numbs your tounge trust me you will know its a nbome.
It amazes me that people forget that lsd does indeed have a taste. Same goes for 1p, eth lad, al lad, and ald-52.

Lsd has a unusual metallic taste. Almost sticks to your throat and tingles it. Now if the tab is so bitter that it numbs your tounge trust me you will know its a nbome. It amazes me that people forget that lsd does indeed have a taste. Same goes for 1p, eth lad, al lad, and ald-52.
Would anybody know if it would be worth tripping at night time in my garden since it's very peaceful at night? Im just wondering iif there would be any point since theres no colour enhancement ext... I suppose I could take it in the middle of the night and go and have a walk through the park in the morning where it would be light and colorful? Would the 1p-lsd make the dark seem bright? Or would it just make the trip eerie and dark? I was thinking of taking some mdma before i trip to ease the trip in as-well. Many thanks

Would anybody know if it would be worth tripping at night time in my garden since it's very peaceful at night? Im just wondering iif there would be any point since theres no colour enhancement ext... I suppose I could take it in the middle of the night and go and have a walk through the park in the morning where it would be light and colorful? Would the 1p-lsd make the dark seem bright? Or would it just make the trip eerie and dark? I was thinking of taking some mdma before i trip to ease the trip in as-well. Many thanks

I love tripping at night. Being outside in the quiet of the dead of night tripping your balls off is an amazing experience, especially if the stars are out. It will definitely look much brighter at night while tripping than it does normally. The quiet can be a bit unnerving sometimes though, especially if you hear a sound in the woods you can't quite identify lol. Just keep in mind that those noises are probably just small animals and not some predatory stalker and you'll be fine :)

I don't know if I would necessarily reccomend candy flipping (adding MDMA) your first time tripping. I feel like the first time you really want to get a feel of what acid is like itself, and then start adding things on later trips. Weed is by far my favorite thing to mix with acid, in fact I would barely consider it a real trip without some bud, but weed can really intensify the anxiety in some people so if you do smoke start with really small amounts.

Edit: you guys are talking your blotters having taste and I can't say that my 1p-LSD blotters taste like anything other than paper. I could be wrong but I had always been told that the doses of these lysergamides are just too small to notice any taste. I was always told if there was a taste it was most likely a phenylethylamine psychedelic.

Last edited:
Edit: you guys are talking your blotters having taste and I can't say that my 1p-LSD blotters taste like anything other than paper. I could be wrong but I had always been told that the doses of these lysergamides are just too small to notice any taste. I was always told if there was a taste it was most likely a phenylethylamine psychedelic.

I'm not saying the blotter itself has a taste - one of the constant side effects of lysergamides is a weird taste in the mouth (for me anyway). I don't usually feel it until I've started tripping. Micro-dosing does this too, but to a lesser degree. If you don't experience that, you're one of the lucky ones!