• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! WHAT TO EXPECT FIRST TIME TAKING SHROOMS??

We had the bombast sex on shrooms the other night. And yeah it was acid. Had 2 tabs my first time. I was also on a ton of Molly & smoked a bowel right before acid hit. I was also 17 so I feel my teenage brain couldn’t handle all that shit at once. Bad environment and not the right people to feel safe with either.
How were you both able to have sex on shrooms? LSD made me insanely super horny as I usually always am, but shrooms made me feel almost asexual or I had no sexual desires for anyone.

That is interesting. I never vomited on mushrooms but I had friends who always did. The first time I ate them we all ate pizza 2-3 hours before eating the shrooms, so maybe the acidity of the tomatoes calmed my stomach when I ate the shrooms?

Back in the day, when I was a young turkey acid gobbler, we didn't take this and that tranguilizer or what have you to avoid a bad trips. But lately I always read, "Before tripping, I took methadone." Or "I took Xanax." "I took phenabut." "I took diazepam." Nonesense. You don't need it. Having a bad trip, if its not the kind that puts you in the madhouse, which it won't if you don't take more than about 2 grams, unless you are tragically and unusually sensitive, will just make you a more beautiful person, you'll be that much more knowledgeable, understanding, strong and kind towards all who are having bad trips whether drug induced or just from real life. Mushrooms can be the school of shroomy knocks, not so bad as hard knocks, but maybe different. Well, maybe you could give a toss just would rather not suffer personally. Fair enough. No problem. We are not all Jesuses and Mary martyrs and mother father healers. So, mushroom rules are simple but not guraenteed, just take them when you're sure you have a good basic headspace, not worried about too much crap in the immeduate future coming down and gather people and things and music and circumstances to help create good circumstances and feelings, whatever it is that you think will send you off well and it likely will, but again these things are not essentail, really its down to you in the end, if you are not confident and also feeling down, sketched out by poeple or circumstances, or other strange weirdnesses and can't really overcome those things with any kind of confidence, no big deal, then be patient and wait it all out till the clouds clear and eat your shrooms when things feel better. Or if you must, take them anyway and accept whatever unpleasantness may or may not come, a bad trip It really is training for real life, it all applies if you want things to go well in life or if you aren't really bothered too. Trust your feeling about things as to whether to trip or not as opposed to your charming friends and their schedules and agendas, tell them to chill, now its different, tripping is certainly not trivial, it can be pivotal for our entire lives. Patience solves everything, especially if you happen to enter a harrowing headspace, psychedelics teach us a kind of patience that rewards in bliss, blessings and ultimately unfathomable knowledge. You're having a bad time when you're coming up...WAIT...it will shift sooner than you think and you might soon be in some incredible headspace, utterly redeemed, purified, seemingly deathless even, transformed and sanctified! We can be our own worst enemies with psychedlics as well as in life, we ruin things for ourselves by freaking out, so you do your best to keep your mentality up. Sometimes when I'm not sure of myself, I make notes and put them in my shirt pocket or better yet put them out on my desk or other places where I'll see them when tripping like on my desk things that say things about whatever I think I might forget if I have a rough trip. And if things get rough you will forget. So, keep your notes right there, and I keep notes with things written out large and clear like: "Wait till you've stopped tripping before you ask any mortal and flawed human or otherwise to help you." Or "The feeling of being stuck in time is illusory, it will pass! Really! As contradictory and paradoxical as it sounds: It will be over depsite being eternal! I promise and I love you or i wouldn't bother would I, if it weren't true! -Love, Me, Myself to enigmatic I! " Others who aren't tripping will almost never understand what you are going through and will likely do you more harm in their efforts to extricate you and your weird situation from theirs. Thats just what I have learned from being so stupid as a kid tripping on drugs to tell parents, really smart together friends who don't ever trip or doctors. No, psychedelics teach you that you are the wisest when it comes to you, others don't really understand or frankly care particularly if you are so "idiotic" as to trip on drugs. Just be fearless and patient and never forget whatever unpleasantness you are going through will very soon be finished, its that simple and with patience, 99% of your problems are solved with mushrooms and other psychedelics, it just has to be waited out and then it will all be fine! . And that goes for everything in our lives, we can ride whatever is going on, there really is never any need to complicate things by pushing or hurrying or involving others who want to help or gettting into our insane interventions etc. and when it comes to the essentials, we are born alone and we die alone and we trip alone too.
Born alone? My parents were there. What about twins, triplets, and quadruplets?

I never took any downer pills on acid or mushrooms. I had a beer while tripping on acid since some guys on the train were drinking them and I was tripping on my way to class in the morning so I figured why not? It was sort of like drinking liquid bread, only I got a headache afterwards.

When I first started shrooms about 25 years ago I jumped in as fast as I could. It didn't take long to have a bad trip. My advice: Stop caring about it so much and take a low dose. It's really easy to have a fun time on a low dose and it's really easy to have a bad time on a high dose, especially if you're new.

Now I either micro dose or low dose, mix it with a high dose of delta 8 THC and it's one of the best feelings in the world.

Also highly therapeutic. I don't even care about getting trippy visuals anymore. That's for the kids.
What are micro doses of Psilocybin mushrooms like? A friend did this and he had a bad trip from it.

What are the effects of delta 8 candies?

Yeah eating gummies on nights before should be fine. Just don't eat them before taking the mushrooms, because it can make your trip both more intense but more confusing, and if you aren't super used to getting stoned it will likely be a more difficult mental space to navigate.

I honestly think you will be fine either way doing the lemon tek or just eating the mushrooms. As long as you have a sitter and all. Many times psychadelics get kind of overwhelming during the peak (like there is a feeling that you cannot hold on to your thoughts - this is a good time to listen to music and just follow the experience. Trying to hold onto them during this point kind of is like trying to collect water in a sieve).

One last, but possibly the most important question i have, do you take any medications? Most are fine, but there are a good few that would be dangerous to combine with mushrooms (lithium is one example). Also if you take serotonin reuptake inhibitors yoy will likely have trouble feeling the full trip.

Let me know.
First of all I am so grateful to you for educating me about this matter. No I don’t take any such medication (that you mentioned) but sometimes In the last week I had to take a glass of wine on two nights to fall asleep because over the counter sleep aid or even full spectrum CBD tincture didn’t succeed in helping me fall asleep. Usually I don’t have insomnia but I am suspecting this upcoming mushroom trip could be stirring up my subconscious. By nature I am somewhat worrisome person and so it is possible. I am not afraid of trip but still it could worry me without knowing.

1.If I mix mushroom powder in a cold apple cider (and of course add lemon to it) instead of hot tea of some kind will it be okay. By the way I will also drink it empty stomach.

2. How quickly should one finish drinking the tea? I have heard that one should drink it faster (within 30 minutes or so).

If for some reason I cannot fall asleep a day before trip should I still ho ahead and do the trip (even if my body is tired)?
4. If I take red wine to fall asleep a day before will that affect the trip negatively? I believe it will.

First of all I am so grateful to you for educating me about this matter. No I don’t take any such medication (that you mentioned) but sometimes In the last week I had to take a glass of wine on two nights to fall asleep because over the counter sleep aid or even full spectrum CBD tincture didn’t succeed in helping me fall asleep. Usually I don’t have insomnia but I am suspecting this upcoming mushroom trip could be stirring up my subconscious. By nature I am somewhat worrisome person and so it is possible. I am not afraid of trip but still it could worry me without knowing.

1.If I mix mushroom powder in a cold apple cider (and of course add lemon to it) instead of hot tea of some kind will it be okay. By the way I will also drink it empty stomach.

2. How quickly should one finish drinking the tea? I have heard that one should drink it faster (within 30 minutes or so).

If for some reason I cannot fall asleep a day before trip should I still ho ahead and do the trip (even if my body is tired)?
4. If I take red wine to fall asleep a day before will that affect the trip negatively? I believe it will.
Mixing the mushrooms should be fine with any juices. I doubt something like milk would interfere with absorbtion, but it can with other drugs, so best to stick with juices.

I would drink it down fairly quickly, like in one go if you can. Isnt the end of the world if you drink it mroe slowly.

It depends on how little sleep you get the night before. I dont like tripping with severe sleep deprivation, but if I am a few hours short on sleep and otherwise feel good, I usually go for it. Think about it like going for a long hike, and how you would want your body to feel then.

As long as you are not drinking a bottle of wine the night before you should be totally fine. A glass or two of red wine is ok the night before.

What are micro doses of Psilocybin mushrooms like? A friend did this and he had a bad trip from it.

What are the effects of delta 8 candies?
I wouldn't call micro dosing a "trip," as they are typically somewhere between 0.1 and 0.3 grams the effects are often times only barely noticeable. Increased visual awareness, auditory clarity and a general sense of well being are typical feelings I get from micro doses, if any at all. A low dose is somewhere around 0.5 and 1 grams and is generally a tiny trip that is easily handled in my experience.

D8 is very similar to D9.

Thanks for answering my questions. As I am getting closer to my tripping day ( this coming Saturday) I am noticing that I am having difficulty falling asleep. It could be some anxiety in anticipation of my first trip though I am not noticing any anxiety in my daily life. It could be in subconscious.
I have never taken THC but have used CBD tincture. I want to buy some cannabis sleep gummies do that I can at least sleep and not stay awake.
1. Will it be okay to take sleep gummies with THC 5mg, CBN 2mg and CBD 3mg if I am going to trip this Saturday. Will it conflict with the mushroom trip?

2. Since my mushroom (koi Samui) dose is conservative (1.5 mg) will it be okay to add lemon to it to intensify the experience?
1. Yes go for it I smoke daily and smoking on a mushroom trip really intensify’s I would only recommend this though if you do use marijuana frequently. Using a 5mg edible won’t be very noticeable but will help you sleep throughout the night so I definitely recommend it. (Won’t alter anything about the trip)

2. Yes it’s okay to add lemon to any dose. I’ve just found eating them to be my preferred choice as to me not lemon tekking properly 60% of the time and my body just absorbing the mushrooms as if I just chewed them up. It will help the nausea though but a trip of 1.5 grams the nausea won’t be intense.

I hope this helps!! (Ps.. don’t take any benzodiazepines the day or maybe even the night before because these are used as trip killers/ make your trip a lot less intense.)

1. Yes go for it I smoke daily and smoking on a mushroom trip really intensify’s I would only recommend this though if you do use marijuana frequently. Using a 5mg edible won’t be very noticeable but will help you sleep throughout the night so I definitely recommend it. (Won’t alter anything about the trip)

2. Yes it’s okay to add lemon to any dose. I’ve just found eating them to be my preferred choice as to me not lemon tekking properly 60% of the time and my body just absorbing the mushrooms as if I just chewed them up. It will help the nausea though but a trip of 1.5 grams the nausea won’t be intense.

I hope this helps!! (Ps.. don’t take any benzodiazepines the day or maybe even the night before because these are used as trip killers/ make your trip a lot less intense.)
Thanks for answering my questions. I will then not take any over the counter sleep aid, wine and even melatonin at night for sleeping.
I have ordered the cannabis sleep gummies and will see if THC and CBN in them will help me fall asleep.
Due to anxiety caused by a psychological trauma years ago causes pelvic muscles dysfunction/ spasms though painless but that keeps my bladder active. That is the main reason for lack of sleep. I am hoping that sleep gummies with keep me drowsy and will also relax my pelvic muscles so that they don’t spasm.

Mixing the mushrooms should be fine with any juices. I doubt something like milk would interfere with absorbtion, but it can with other drugs, so best to stick with juices.

I would drink it down fairly quickly, like in one go if you can. Isnt the end of the world if you drink it mroe slowly.

It depends on how little sleep you get the night before. I dont like tripping with severe sleep deprivation, but if I am a few hours short on sleep and otherwise feel good, I usually go for it. Think about it like going for a long hike, and how you would want your body to feel then.

As long as you are not drinking a bottle of wine the night before you should be totally fine. A glass or two of red wine is ok the night before.
Thanks a lot. I have also ordered cannabis sleep gummies with some THC, CBN and CBD. I will try to use them as sleep aid and avoid over the counter sleep meds and wine.

Thanks for answering my questions. I will then not take any over the counter sleep aid, wine and even melatonin at night for sleeping.
I have ordered the cannabis sleep gummies and will see if THC and CBN in them will help me fall asleep.
Due to anxiety caused by a psychological trauma years ago causes pelvic muscles dysfunction/ spasms though painless but that keeps my bladder active. That is the main reason for lack of sleep. I am hoping that sleep gummies with keep me drowsy and will also relax my pelvic muscles so that they don’t spasm.
Yeah no problem! Those gummies would be relaxing, just don’t dose yourself to high and you won’t be anxious. My fiancé who’s 5’0 110 pounds gets anxious asf over anything 20mg and higher. Me it takes like 300Mg but if you’re taking it at night when you go to bed you shouldn’t be concerned turn on some tv grab some munchies and you’ll be chillin 😂. Anyway I wish you safe travels this weekend!

Forgot to include this, you can drink a glass of wine before bed if that’s what you’re into, it won’t effect the trip I just wouldn’t consume enough to feel the effects the day you’re planning on tripping, melatonin stays in your system for like 5-10 hours so I wouldn’t really be worried with taking that. I would still recommend taking the thc gummies though you might find something very helpful in them if you haven’t tried them before. I’m a medical cannabis patient and I use it for sleep/pain and it works wonders for me.

Thanks for the great advice!

Yeah eating gummies on nights before should be fine. Just don't eat them before taking the mushrooms, because it can make your trip both more intense but more confusing, and if you aren't super used to getting stoned it will likely be a more difficult mental space to navigate.

I honestly think you will be fine either way doing the lemon tek or just eating the mushrooms. As long as you have a sitter and all. Many times psychadelics get kind of overwhelming during the peak (like there is a feeling that you cannot hold on to your thoughts - this is a good time to listen to music and just follow the experience. Trying to hold onto them during this point kind of is like trying to collect water in a sieve).

One last, but possibly the most important question i have, do you take any medications? Most are fine, but there are a good few that would be dangerous to combine with mushrooms (lithium is one example). Also if you take serotonin reuptake inhibitors yoy will likely have trouble feeling the full trip.

Let me know.
No I don’t take any medication other than vitamins etc. Thanks I have received very useful information through our interactions as well as with others on this forum:)
It makes me feel so well supported by people who know so much more about mushroom:)

I've had shrooms that gave me much more of a body trip than a visual trip, like I mean I get the enhanced colors and visual acuity becomes much more sharp and closed eye visuals, but other than that shrooms gives me a intense body, mental, and emotional trip. Even in large doses.

I am going to trip for the very first time. I have never ever done any drugs except I microdoses on mushroom for one month recently as a preparation for the big dose in coming January 2022.
I am going to do it to find answers to my psychological trauma and resulting anxiety/fear around a specific event in my life. It is related to excessive academic demands at university that were too much to handle. Basically I believe there are stuck brain patterns from that stressful experience that keeps circulating along with positive ones.
Questions:
1.I am 110 Lbs and I definitely do not want to take more than 2 grams in my first trip. Can anyone please tell me what should be a safe but effective dosage for a woman of my size?
I have a contact/a friend who has tripped in mushrooms about 12 times so far and he agreed to be my sitter and he is supplying me mushrooms. He cultivates them. I am worried about how he will handle the situation if I get into any paranoia or difficult experience as he has never been a guide or sitter for anyone.

2. Do you think one needs a sitter who is experienced in guiding? Can paranoia during the trip damage a person’s mind and brain for good?

3. I have been told by my friend that to mix dry mushroom power in warm tea with lemon juice will give me most effective experience. Also I should finish drinking that warm tea within half an hour (time it also).
Does this sounds like the right way to do it?

Internet is full of experts advice that one should never attempt to do psilocybin on one’s own or with help of friends. Set and setting are both important undoubtedly. I can handle the mindset but I don’t have access to real experienced sitters or guides.
4. Is integration therapy really important? Or the tripper can analyze one’s own experience? I believe that I am in a god state of mind and am very self reflective person and will be able to interpret some of the insights I will have during the trip.
5.How should I handle difficult or frightening experience during the trip? I have read books and watched videos and am aware of all sound advices namely SURRENDER to the experience.
However if my sitter doesn’t help me in the right manner during trip I will end up having a bad trip. My sitter is experienced in tripping himself but has never helped another person trip.

I will appreciate your answers to my questions.For me it is very necessary to do this trip as I am tired of my brain’s fearful stuck patterns. I feel a lot of it is involuntary and I am not participating in them but I am dragged into them by the sheer force of brain patterns.
Yes psilocybin can certainly make you confront past traumas, it's like it throws the trauma in your face and you have to confront it head on. But at 2 grams it will be fine, if you get paranoid or anxiety ridden you might just have to ride it out and embrace and surrender to it. But like I said at 2 grams it shouldn't be too overwhelming but it really depends on potency