View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What to do with Salvia Incense

anotnon

Bluelighter
I was at a store and saw a round shaped small package that said Salvia Divinorum. The person said its incense and on the label it said that its not for human consumption. What is it? Is it a candle? What am I supposed to do with a candle?

It's probably just loose salvia leaf or salvia concentrate.

Selling it as "incense" is a white lie used to evade restrictions on selling recreational substances for human consumption - because you can't legally sell salvia as a drug that modifies your consciousness without having it be approved by the FDA and have a bunch of labeling/licensing laws, safety inspections etc.

People pretend that salvia is just another type of incense and that you can burn it and enjoy the scent. There's no reason you couldn't, obviously, but most people are gonna be buying it for its psychoactive effects.

you must smoke it in a pipe.. get it well hot then take the smoke in your mouth with a good drag, after this open your mouth a little to let the smoke cool and reach the right temperature for the trip. after this take it back and hold it till you start to trip then exhale and enjoy!!

It is very important you smoke it letting it cool as the smoke from the salvia is way too heavy for your lungs! :)

You bought it in a Smartshop which sells mystic and holistic item. Some legal highs are not described as so, however on the package it should have a strength number, if not I don't advice smoking it!

Just in case you're thinking of doing this; I must tell you, it is beyond scary. The trip induced by smoking salvia divinorum extract is often an intensely terrifying experience that most people do not wish to repeat. There are positive experiences which you can read about, but it's generally accepted to be dysphoric in nature.

Once smoked, the onset is incredibly quick and the nature of this atypical hallucinogen is such that you immediately forget having taken the drug. This situation is highly conducive to confusion and fear when you begin to experience the outrageously bizarre hallucinations, with no available explanation for their cause. The hallucinations tend to involve very physical sensations of being pulled downward in one or more directions and feelings of bodily distortion. The visuals are not typical kaleidoscopic hallucinations but are often rather frighteningly dark and twisted. It's common to experience a strong feeling of presence of people who aren't there, entities may appear in your hallucinations. Quite uniquely, people report with unusually common frequency and consistency, seeing motifs of zippers, arrows, wheels, cogs/sprockets and other repeating patterns.

I've tried it a few times, and one time in particular was unforgettable for all the wrong reasons; I entered a delusional state whereby I was convinced that I had merged bodily with my sofa and would be stuck there until the end of time. It was two minutes of pure unadulterated fear. :D

^ YMMV. Some people love Salvia and don't find it scary at all. Me, for example.

Sometimes a little goes a long way. No need to fuck your brain over with a super high extract. You can get more out of calmer, more balanced trip.

Just in case you're thinking of doing this; I must tell you, it is beyond scary. The trip induced by smoking salvia divinorum extract is often an intensely terrifying experience that most people do not wish to repeat. There are positive experiences which you can read about, but it's generally accepted to be dysphoric in nature.

Once smoked, the onset is incredibly quick and the nature of this atypical hallucinogen is such that you immediately forget having taken the drug. This situation is highly conducive to confusion and fear when you begin to experience the outrageously bizarre hallucinations, with no available explanation for their cause. The hallucinations tend to involve very physical sensations of being pulled downward in one or more directions and feelings of bodily distortion. The visuals are not typical kaleidoscopic hallucinations but are often rather frighteningly dark and twisted. It's common to experience a strong feeling of presence of people who aren't there, entities may appear in your hallucinations. Quite uniquely, people report with unusually common frequency and consistency, seeing motifs of zippers, arrows, wheels, cogs/sprockets and other repeating patterns.

I've tried it a few times, and one time in particular was unforgettable for all the wrong reasons; I entered a delusional state whereby I was convinced that I had merged bodily with my sofa and would be stuck there until the end of time. It was two minutes of pure unadulterated fear. :D

A lot of people don't like it but some people do like me.

I always was prepared for the fact that it would be insanely intense and reminding myself that it was only a trip that would last MAX 10 minutes helped.

What helped for me was sort of "playing a role" in my head while on it.

It's kind like a "trickster" substance, in that it almost feels to me like an entity that wants to play with me when I'm on it, so whenever I'd get somewhat unpleasant hallucinations I'd take on a "trickster" role myself and talk to it outloud and say things like "cmon is that all you've got?!" and "this is kind of interesting but not really cool enough, please make it more interesting" and stuff like that.

That always seemed to make the experience enjoyable, and any dysphoric effects were seen as kind of a "trick" the drug was playing on me and I'd engage in a dialogue back and forth with it till it ended.

Overall I got some very pleasant hallucinations and some unsettling ones that would freak many people out but I always just viewed the unpleasant ones from a different perspective of that of an explorer analyzing a new world with scepticism and that would turn the experience into one of value where'd I'd usually come away happy with it thinking "whoa...that was pretty damn crazy and interesting".